Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA | Page 34 | FerrariChat

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JERRYZ, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    hahahahahahahahahahahahah what you don't understand is that I am a former tesla owner. If you can't take the truth get out buddy!

You categorize people as either for or against. So you must love everything or hate everything. SUCH A CHILD.

Thrashing? lol give me a break. you must be a millennial.

Go on all of the forums... they calculate the cost of the battery all the time. You must be new to the whole tesla thing... it shows how big of an amatuer you are.

Bas likes this.
  2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Because they need to fill the production pipeline and they can not idle the factory and they have no dealers to absorb inventory and an inventory of cars would cause teslas stock to crash. pretty simple if you pull your head out of your butt

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I haven't really followed all the ups and downs in this thread but if I'm not mistaken, OP sold his car to buy a bunch of stock for ~30 bucks and it's now at ~300 bucks... isn't that a good thing?

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Until the stock is sold there are no profits and OP seems to be buying more stock at highly inflated prices. I would think in a highly volatile stock taking some profits would seem wise so perhaps you are playing with “house money”. No one I know ever went broke taking profits. May limit some up side but derversity is never a bad thing.

RonH likes this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Quick bump for this thread ...

Pretty serious ..yes i know Lambo's also catch fire ..usually with someone over revving it etc etc.

6. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Tried to buy a model X for my wife and commute: though I love the product I am not impressed with the customer service. Tesla really has to streamline its processes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Moral to the story don’t park next to a Tesla or a Lamborghini. :(

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  9. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    If you honestly think Tesla will beat the billions and billions of dollars all the other companies are throwing at electric, you are sadly mistaken. Tesla is led by a guy who has misled investors by pretending to have a buyer and been fined by the SEC. You confuse his interesting banter and vision for a sound investment. It is an investment with high risk in my opinion. I would get further away from their stock than I would even from their passionless, uninteresting, lifeless cars.

10. Alex Clark

Alex Clark Rookie

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I'm glad to hear about the passion toward Teslas. I have a Model X P100D I bought in late 2016. I find it incredibly boring and it's not for me. I'm selling it in two weeks for something more visceral. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    LMFAO remember how triggered you were getting when i told you tesla was a dog? It's too bad you could have had a ferrari right now, how does that feel? Are you still bullish as elon emails his staff and begs them not to sell as tesla inches closer to insolvency its only $200 now, not a big deal down almost 50% since august, things are gonna get better soon right?

Bas likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Although I am not a big fan of this thread I have a model x for my wife and kids. I had a gls before and a g class and quite frankly when it comes to transporting a family in a safe and cutting edge car Tesla has done a good job. Lots of us criticize but not many of us have actually driven their cars.
    I think they are going to be fine ina long run, acquisition or not. I think Elon’s got to go though as he has been hurtling the company recently or this could be going very bad very fast.

13. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I don't understand why folks are selling on the word of some random analyst who apparently couldn't even be bothered to look at the Q1 sales data until now. Calling for Tesla to be in dire straights seems to be a favorite pastime for stock analysts, as they've been doing it for 7 or 8 years now. Seems like whenever someone wants to drum up publicity for themselves they just go spouting off how Tesla will be bankrupt next year.

On the other hand, or to look at where all of Tesla's money is going, take a look at their third factory that is under construction now in China. Its going to be twice as large as their Fremont plant and they are constructing it at an incredibly rapid pace. The groundbreaking was in January and the exterior of the building is almost complete already. The speed with which it is being built is amazing.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've been saying Tesla will go BK for a while and caught some **** for it.

It's about to get a whole lot worse for Felon. His ponzi is collapsing.

ChipG likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Constructing the outside of the factory is not the issue. It's the inside that matters! Precast walls in straight lines, of course it goes up quick. Who is paying for that Factory? Not Tesla with cash. They borrow heavy and the chinese banks only lend in stages.

Tesla was ''single digit weeks'' away from BK in september. His demand for europe has collapsed. Look how many X and S he's sold in his 3rd largest market in the last month? Model 3 europe suffered an 80% collapse already after he delivered most of the initial orders.

Since the raise he's now said he's 10 months away from BK. He's hemorrhaging cash now trying to stay alive as long as possible. Plenty suppliers not getting paid. Companies repairing his cars? Not getting paid.

And even when his China factory is done, so what? He hasn't got demand in China!

16. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
  17. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    What a complete pile of clickbait nonsense.

If you completely ignore the car business, their autonomous tech is worth easily $100 a share alone. Keep in mind that Intel bought Mobileye for $15 billion.

Does Tesla have a ton of challenges going forward? Sure. Is Elon doing more harm than good these days? Quite possibly. But these "analysts" are just making this nonsense up to get their (and their companies) names out on Bloomberg and CNBC.

18. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Lmfao what autonomous tech? The one that’s years behind waymo, bro nobody trying to use Tesla autonomous tech ever they will all license from waymo. What does Tesla have that waymo doesn’t besides a few hundred thousand cars that can’t identify stoplights and stop signs? Who cares self driving isn’t happening
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas likes this.
  19. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Ohh right, I forgot about Waymo. Let me just run out to the Waymo dealer and buy one... ohh... right.

Meanwhile my Tesla drove me 25 miles home last night, changed lanes by itself, took on-ramps, off-ramps, merged and moved around slow pokes camping in the left lane. That was 95% of my commute done completely by itself.

Come on, use some common sense rather than just listening to people who's whole purpose is to drive traffic to their site.

20. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Well your Tesla is also about to obsolete, the stock is down 50% in the last 8 months, their balance sheets and bankruptcy looks more and more likely by the day. Why would Google want to waste time building cars when that is so capex intensive? They will just license waymo to all the automakers if/when its feasible, at the current moment waymo has self driving taxi service running around in arizona, and its not crashing and killing people like tesla. So 100 times out of 100 i would prefer to ride in a waymo car than a tesla car. I hope you count your blessings every time you get home in your tesla that the car didn't spontaneously combust or the self driving didn't take over and crash and kill you.

as for Tesla vs Waymo.....one has no money and no good talent, the other is funded by google and has the best engineers in the world

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/04/elon-musk-says-tesla-is-vastly-ahead-on-self-driving/

"Tesla Autopilot is not yet even close to where Waymo was 6 years ago," wrote Brad Templeton, a longtime self-driving car evangelist who advised Google during the early years of its self-driving car program.

Bas likes this.
  21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Tesla's autonomous worth $100 a share? Because Elon said so? He uses cameras because he didn't want to deal with more expensive (but far better) LIDAR.

Google (waymo) and NVDA have spend billions more on their chips alone than Felon has....chips are NVDAs sole business, yet Felon believes his is better than theirs. Get real. Tesla's ''tech'' has killed people. Elon knows it. I know it. But keeps it quiet. He's the least transparant **** on the ****ing market.

Tesla has never been profitable. And never will be. They've blown over12 billion and all they got to show for it is a chrysler sebring with an ipad glued to the dash.

It wasn't looking good but the game was over when Musk said recently that his robotaxi's are going to make Tesla a half trillion dollar company and all Tesla's are appreciating assets. Why sell them for such low prices then?

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  22. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Elon also recently said Tesla cars would go up in value lmfao

Bas likes this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Haha yeah. Supposedly a 50K car today is worth 150K in a 2 years time he said.:D:D:D since when is he a financial advisor?

He's a stock pumper nothing more. And no one sane believes him any longer. None of his companies with him in charge have ever sustained profitability. He's an arrogant, pompous prick and will be in prison before long.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Although u bring very valid points here in California Tesla’s are everything and everywhere. I live back and forth between Miami and the Bay Area and it’s like 2 different countries. Those cars don’t make sense or don’t mean much until u have experience them here.Maybe Tesla collapses but I don’t see it, I see maybe a retooling, an exit of the CEO or something because as I said here this Tesla thing is real: they are everywhere and I mean everywhere. They are part of the culture. Apple too wasn’t doing good at some point; different era; different industry I know. I don’t have a share of Tesla and I find their customer service appalling BUT I’m not sure they will disappear.

Bas likes this.
  25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The problem is for Tesla is that the big boys have strapped on their boots and are tying their laces. BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche will all be in the EV game big time. These are cars with great dealer support, build quality inside and out is fantastic. Tesla can't afford retooling. Will Tesla be completely gone? I don't think so. I do think a company like apple COULD buy them, but nowhere near the price long term stock holders think it's going for. Apple is not charity. They'll wait for Elon to file and pick up the scraps.

They are everywhere in California, great. But they aren't anywhere else. They have a great fan base I agree, but soon enough will be enough, and most will simply go to different companies offering better, for less money! If you own a Model S a Taycan will be the same price. Merc electric SUV is cheaper than the X. As is the audi.

Musk with his grandiose ideas, space thrusters on his Roadster 2020 so you can hover? He is an utter clown.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.