what's it worth, as neww 355 GTB manual... | FerrariChat

what's it worth, as neww 355 GTB manual...

Discussion in '348/355' started by PBE624, May 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PBE624

PBE624 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2005
    De Panne Belgium
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hi all,

saw this ad for as new 355 GTB, manual gearbox:

http://excelliumcars.be/frbe/Détails_du_véhicule.aspx?sid=&culture=fr-BE&country=&custid=&sellerid=4607&groupid=&adtype=&make=&model=&version=&pricefrom=500&priceto=&yearfrom=&yearto=&mileagefrom=&mileageto=&fuel=&gear=&bodies=&extcolors=&intcolors=&upholstery=&equipments=&powerfrom=&powerto=&doors=&seats= &ustate=D,J,N,O,U,S&damages=N,U&fullservice=&nonsmoking=&id=375668744

Not sure if car is worth this price (+/- 150.000 USD), ad states that it was kept in collection, and service up to date. Driven about 350km (200 miles)...

Run Forest ? ;-)

Cheers,
    Frank

2. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    $150k is well above (at least 30%) market, but given this is a timecapsule, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a collector snap it up.

3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    This is that interior I posted on another thread a while back.

What's with that carbon lower dash? Is that a factory item?

If not, why would someone replace interior parts with aftermarket parts on a car with only 392km?

I think the price is about right for a time capsule though.

Robb likes this.
  4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Good question.

Nice car for sure.

Robb

5. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Worth more in my opinion. Need the right buyer though. Carbon interior bits was a factory option. Usually console, door panels, instrument Bezel face. Local to me has a Spider that way. $14,000 in windows sticker build options on it. Not sure about lower dash. 1996 car with no Airbag in Europe, but probably has to do with build date. My prayers are that these things take off :) Needs to be priced at € 180K ;-), LOL

Jackie and bill likes this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The lower carbon dash and carbon center console are not factory. It is in Twill Weave carbon. The factory center console was always plain weave carbon. This leads me to believe both pieces are after-market. The quality also looks sub-par imho.

tres55, PaulK and Robb like this.
  7. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    collectors looking for a 'new' car like this want a car that is original. The carbon parts don't make any sense and the steering wheel (though cool) wouldn't be original in a 96? Vents are missing decals so were de-stickied at one point but that would be somewhat surprising if it sat in a garage all its life. Exterior looks nice though.

tres55 and Robb like this.
  8. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The 99 was the only 355 the ever came with carbon fiber trim from the factory and even that didn’t have a carbon lower dash. I’ve never heard of a factory car with that... The Fiorano had the carbon interior trim factory.
    If it’s truly a museum quality 200 miles car I wouldn’t be surprised to see a collector pay that premium. I just find it odd a 200 mile car meant to be a time capsule would be molested with non factory carbon pieces. I’d want to know the story if I was a buyer.

tres55 and Robb like this.
  9. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Let me clarify and I see what I wrote was different than what I was saying in my head. The lower part does not look like the factory Carbon bits. It (Carbon package) was available and somehow I made that read that the lower part was part of that package, sorry. Typing is not a great skill for me. Thank you for cleaning that up. Oh and yes, I realize now it is a 1996, so Carbon was not available then, so it is a strange egg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    This is not really striking me as a 392km car with the amount of changes it has. (and the condition.)

As for airbag/build date, this is not originally a non-airbag car (as it still has a passenger air bag and not a glove box).

carnutdallas and Robb like this.
  11. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I smell anchovies

Take a real good look n person

ghardt, Robb and carnutdallas like this.
  12. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Good catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The non airbag steering wheel is the only thing that’s really cool (even though it’s not original to this example).

14. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I find it interesting reading threads such as this one...it separates those on here that know their Ferrari 355s from the pretenders. There are many things in those pics including what is not showing in those pics that tell you immediately that this car has many more miles/kms than what is showing and is NOT what is being represented by the seller/scammer.

15. thibaut

thibaut Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Thibaut A.
    The description of the car has basic spelling mistakes.
    I smell a rat...

16. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Well someone could go check it out... where is it supposed to be located?

Robb

17. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    It's the same as everything else. What someone is willing to pay.