Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 80 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not disputing I like the f8 better and love it’s price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1977 Shadowfax, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Yes I believe F8 will be a great car and represents good value in comparison to Pista however, it does remain to be seen whether it will hold up in the used market once the numbers are produced. My money is on history repeating itself (re 488's higher depreciation) since Ferrari started producing higher numbers and making the cars readily available. So on that score I suspect F8 will NOT hold value like a Pista.

The big difference between the two brands (Ferrari and Mac) being continually bought up here (using macs slightly better performance to justify one's logic why they bought it - or should buy it - over the Ferrari), is a failed argument given that the current performance on offer today isn't accessible in 99.999% of driving situations anyway, the interest in the used marketplace is virtually non existent unless being sold for peanuts, and, it not being as visceral to drive as its lesser performing counterparts (i.e Ferrari Porsche etc).. And, I'm not even going to touch on the looks and reliability factor .....

3. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I was allowed to drive my neighbor’s brand new 720S Spider yesterday. Have to admit it was a much better car than I would have thought. We all know how fast the 720 is but it has some nice creature comforts as well. Here are some of the features than I feel are are better than my 488:
    - A/C is strong and will cool the cabin fast
    - the 720 has the TFT in the center and it is much easier to use. The backup camera is light years more advanced than the 488
    - the rear supports for the hard top are translucent which allows better sight lines
    - the Aero (rear spoiler) deployed on hard braking and will stop the car amazing fast
    - you can program the car to run in track mode while in automatic. My neighbor knows I only drive in manual. He said try it. Wow, when you floor it you have to hang onto the steering wheel as it changes gears at the perfect time. Amazingly fast off the line

I hope the refresh of the F8 will employ these improvements.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I agree the 720s is pretty amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Good points but sternly disagree with a center dash display. Dates the car instantly and sets Ferrari sport performance cars apart from the rest. The only user interface that matters is between the driver and the wheel and pedals. Big mistake to copy rental cars.

Shadowfax likes this.
  6. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    The 720s also offers a 360 degree parking camera and some nice playful features like color changing for the ambience lights, "race startup" (when the exhaust starts to bang on starting up the car), a very nice overview thanks to the all around glas panels (even the C pillar is see-though), a much lighter CF chassis and a touchscreen infotainment system. It has also the brightest LED headlights i have seen so far.

I already took some time with the F8 in person and also it's price list. The infotainment, which is adapted from the 812, is much faster. But still that tiny non-touch display on the right of the speedometer. The full-LED headlights are a quite nice improvement, the old orange side indicators are gone and the car looks decades fresher compared to the 488 thanks to the new styling and the 4 taillights. However, it still is no all new car.

Adding the common options to the F8 combined with all the nice CF, the F8's price rises even over the price of a fully specced Pista and about 80k over a fully specced 488 coupe. Equaling the price to a fully optioned 720s.

Bhh likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My experience, based strictly on performance, with no regard to features, aesthetics, reliability, heritage, or depreciation, the 720S and 488 share very similar driving dynamics and personalities. They both are very capable, accomplished , comfortable and equally adept on the track and on the road. The primary advantage of the 720s is its ferocious speed. The 488
    Is not slow by any measure but the 720s is undeniably in a class of its own.

The F8 should definitely narrow or eliminate the speed gap. I would also expect a heightened sense of drama and performance capability relative to both the 488 and 720s. I would certainly not buy a 488 or 720s at this time. The F8 is the way to go if a Pista cannot be attained.

LVP488 and stavura like this.
  8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Regarding the Pista holding more its value than the F8, my feeling is that one has to consider the pricing adjustment made by Ferrari for the Pista - the Speciale keeps its value far better than the 458, BUT that is also linked to the initial relatively low price gap between the 458 and Speciale. Ferrari has set the Pista price far higher compared to the 488 GTB, so that the gap is already there. Just consider this: the 488 GTB was initially priced only marginally higher than the 458, while there is a huge price gap between the Speciale and Pista. In the end I believe the used 488 GTB prices will be close to the used 458 Italia prices, and for the Pista to fare as good as the Speciale it would need to retain forever a far higher price. I doubt that will happen, for me in the end a used Pista will be priced close to a Speciale - which means it will depreciate a lot more (because the initial price is far higher).
    Of course I could be wrong, but based on my analysis I chose the F8 over the Pista - and I know the F8 will cost me a lot in depreciation, but at least I limit the initial cost ;)

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Disagree. Pista seems to be a limited run with very few if any available in the US right now. It will hold msrp -likely wont appreciate but will certainly hold MSRP. Especially if they dont do a F8 "Pista" which we have no clue about right now.

350MH83, dmark1, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  10. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks for posting these stripe renditions.

I prefer the thin red strip on the Nero Daytona black car.

Seems to suit the Tributo design more so than the bolder and more ostentatious Pista stripe designs.

TSOYBELIS and of2worlds like this.
  11. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    You're welcome.

12. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    stavura, 355TDI and DMantooth like this.
  13. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  14. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
  15. Texas2step

Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
  16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    If this car is #244501 as posted in post 1846, it's Grigio Silverstone with Beige Tradizione interior.

of2worlds and TSOYBELIS like this.
  17. Texas2step

Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Thanks

TSOYBELIS likes this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I believe so for at least a couple years

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ferraris tech is way outdated. This has never really mattered but these days it does to many especially if you drive your cars regularly which I do.

Motorwerks and sampelligrino like this.
  20. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    elmadi, of2worlds and TSOYBELIS like this.
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Noticed between the sunvisors where the rear view mirror is that the F8 is different to the 488 and Pista.

Anyone who has had time at the Ferrari dealership Configurator know what there is ? Adaptive cruise control ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    elmadi, Nicolas21, of2worlds and 4 others like this.
  24. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    I got today from Ferrari Germany a message, the order books for the F8 Tributo are just 4 more weeks open. Anybody hear the same? Sounds strange. But good for me and my order.