Need Pre-purchase Inspector in Chicago Area | FerrariChat

Need Pre-purchase Inspector in Chicago Area

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by DJB80, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DJB80

DJB80 Rookie

Jul 29, 2018
    Hello! I put a deposit on a 2014 458 Spider today. I was hoping someone could recommend a local reputable inspector to complete the pre-purchase inspection. The car is a Ferarri Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. Thank you in advance!

2. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    I’m a little confused - is a PPI really that necessary on a CPO? Seems like any issues could be flushed out during the warranty.

Also, out of curiosity, I thought Ferrari dealers weren’t up for letting people get PPIs. Is that a mistaken assumption?

3. DJB80

DJB80 Rookie

Jul 29, 2018
    Since I’m buying it out of state I wanted another set of eyes on it before I pull the trigger. But yes you are correct, it is probably not needed since it’s already CPO.

Yes PPIs are allowed at this dealership. I’m not sure about other dealerships across the nation however.

4. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    Interesting.

I suspect that having one dealer in the area check out another dealer’s car might not work...seems like that would be an awkward situation since they are technically in competition with each other.

Hopefully someone chimes in soon with a good candidate — looking at all the Approved 2014 458s in Chicagoland, it sounds like you are going to be getting a fantastic car.

5. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I never need an excuse to visit Ferrari Lake Forest. It would be visual only.

Joe

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Other way around. Ferrari dealers typically do not do PPIs anymore for other cars. I've never heard of a reputable dealer declining a PPI done on the car.

With that being said; Fluid MotorUnion does PPIs on Ferraris. There are others out there, can you share which dealer you're looking to buy from? Since it's CPO I'm assuming either Continental or LFSC, both of which have solid reputations.

7. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Lfsc only has really nice cars. Don’t think I have ever seen a car with needs there...

8. ahamuser

ahamuser Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    So DJB80, who did you end up using for your PPI? I'm looking for one as well. Any feedback on Fluid MotorUnion, if that's who you used?