NBA Playoff Predictions?? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

NBA Playoff Predictions??

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ShineKen, May 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    so now bucks and raptors will kill each other for 7 games and then lose to gsw in 4. snooze. but brogdan is a great poor mans klay thompson. terrific player.
    only question is whether or not kd plays for them again. i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt. obvious team is super motivated to win without him and i bet there are hard feelings all around. theyre so good dont need him. its like 90s yankees, patriots, and now gsw. doesnt seem to matter who they plug in, they just win. amazing.
    just hope for kd sake, he doesnt come to dumpster fire knicks who will ruin him.

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    greatest shooter of all time is great bar question. have to go with the guys who did 40, 50, and 90% shooting. thats bird, curry, reggie, nash, kd, few others and shockingly brogdan on bucks did it this yr. curry is best of that bunch so hes best of best in that regard. no good defense and makes occasional bone head plays in crunch time means not all time best pt guard all around though.

4. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    just looked up shooting stats and on second thought i would say bird is slightly better shooter if considering them both at their peak seasons. crazy how good he was before injury

5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Curry has a higher effective field goal % (efg%) in the regular season and playoffs than bird. He’s a slightly better free throw shooter. What the stats don’t show is how accurate Steph is 10 ft. from the 3 pt line.

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Steph perfected the long range 3 pt bomb but reggie invented it. Never forget the 40 foot jump shot he made in playoffs vs nets to force ot. Nets ended up winning but that shot was insane. I do believe curry is more accurate from super long range than normal 3 though.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What the stats do not show is how the game is played: steph takes a lot more 3’s and the defense isn’t exactly hard in the league these days; back in the 80’a guys would guard u. Lot less open shots. Not to say Steph is not a great talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's exactly right - the real NBA Finals was Houston vs GSW

ShineKen likes this.
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #109 ShineKen, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    80’s and 90’s allowed more physical play, but most of that was below the 3 pt line. No one was guarding anyone back then like they are guarding Steph now. He gets double-teamed 5 ft away from the 3 point line starting from the 1st quarter. That’s unheard of before Steph arrived. Greatest shooter of all time. Period.

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    We already knew this since the season started.

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I can understand heaving up a 40 footer with time running out etccc. Steph shoots 40 footers like it’s a normal lay-up. Reggie was a great 3 point shooter, but he didn’t normalize shooting 5ft. away from the 3 point line. Now other shooters are starting to do it... ex. D. Lillard.

12. Natkingcolebasket69

As a former UNLV player in the early 2000’ I agree that steph is the best in game shooter ever but if u hang around a lot of pros u will see that a lot of guys shoot just as well it’s the ability to do in the games that’s impressive...
    That being said this all era although entertaining is pretty weak from
    A fundamental: most of those guys travel on their step back, carry on their iso and u can’t touch them that’s a foul. Hopefully the rules
    Change a bit in the future but I doubt because flash sells.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Yes. Shooting casually and shooting over a defender in a game that counts is two different levels of skill.

I agree. The defense in the 80’s and 90’s was better and I would love for it to go back to that. However, I would still say most of that intense defense was below the 3 point line. Yes, hand checking was allowed, but at the same time, hand-checking is a form of lazy defense.

Most NBA players do carry and get away with it. There’s alot more traveling going on. Not liking what I see there. They need to tighten up on it.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Speak for yourself - I didn't :D

15. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I
    Colin Cowherd best sums it up on the phenomenon of Steph Curry's placement on the list of great players who have had an impact on the game, and the ludicrous nature of all the naysayers...
    https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1524915267869

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    stephs an all time great point guard and one of best ever shooting (and dribbling) the ball. he revolutionized the game by putting the 3 pt bomb into its current place of prominence. but he is very deficient on defense which gets covered up by having best perimeter defender in iggy and best post defender in dray. i put him tied for 2nd after magic with isiah. not a bad place to be.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Very tough call. So many great PG’s I’d pick John Stockton over steph...not flashy but fundamentally sound, better d, better passer, 15+ assists in his prime. He was a beast. Not necessarily the obvious choice but I go with him.

19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    never loved stockton (or malone). always thought they put up good numbers but fact they couldnt get over the hump always makes them suspect. i liked steve nash hectic style better than stockton

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Steve Nash is the steph curry of defense 0.
    John Stockton is a better passer than curry, defensive player, and less turnover- he didn’t win anything because he went and faced the goat. Otherwise they would have won one.

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    John Stockton and Malone were superb PG's and PF's. John Stockton was efficient, but not prolific. Didn't draw as much double-team as Steph. Because of the value of the 3 and how often Steph gets double-teamed and opens up the floor. I'd pick Steph over Stockton and I love me some Stockton. Steph is more clutch as well.

Lot's PG's don't play D well because of their size, but they play D decently well against other guards. I wouldn't count that against them. It's not like Magic was a great defensive player. I recall him being rather slow.

Grading off efficiency alone, I'd take Steph over any PG.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Lots don’t play D in the new era but Gary Payton, isaiha Thomas, Chauncey billups, Chris Paul, J Kidd , Stockton all were excellent defensive guards....even Allen iverson was compétent enough.

Steph is decent...but Steve Nash was terrible...his 2 mvp are too much to me, 1 was enough.

It’s all debatable. U have valid points in taking steph... as far as more clutch I’m not sure... Rmbr how Stockton took at the buzzer the jazz to the finals in 97 beating the rockets that was pretty good. He wasn’t a volume shooter.

23. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ooooh i love someone mentioning j kidd!! being nets superfan i didnt want to be the one to bring him up. he was absolutely robbed of mvp the 1st year he joined nets. he was entire team getting to finals. performance equal to bron w cleveland 1st time. never saw a player dictate pace like that. he rebounded, raced the ball up and dished to either kmart or rj for dunk. was incredible.

now that thats out of my system, i cant really put him in stephs category. would anyone here take steph over magic? no. but steph v isiah is awesome match up

24. Natkingcolebasket69

The thing is steph revolutionized the game but there is nothing that he is doing that I personally didn’t think was possible. It is is amazing but I personally always known someone could do and make crazy shots, he is just a video game.

BUT the way a magic passed the ball, that a MJ literally flew in the air contortionist his body that I didn’t even think a human being could do that.

So magic over steph but steph over Isaiah for sure. Not that Isaiah wasn’t great as a passer and so forth and he played tough but steph is so damn flashy... now In their primes depending on the officiating 1vs1 can go either way!

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nobody got over the hump as long as MJ was playing. They came damn close but came up just shy