Pista for sale...$577,000 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    $415k msrp. Add in $5k registration , sales tax on down payment , finance charge on lease and sales tax on payments . He’s at around $425k now and going up

2. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    From the detailed images, the build sheet shows a 414msrp. If he had to get out of a lusso trade its about break even situation - not factoring taxes

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agree. However the poster is from Europe and Europe market might just be different. Who knows. What I do know is that you cant compare the Pista to the F8. Pista is a limited run car- who knows the exact number but lets call it 2000 cars based on the report that there were 470 produced in the first quarter. Might be a bit more but doesnt matter.

F8 will have a 3-4 year run- how many will they produce? 8000? More? The F8 very well might have better performance but just as I dont see people selling their Speciales to buy a 488, I bet no one will sell their Pista to "upgrad" to an F8. Limited production vs regular production. You choose.

And what if they decide not to make an F8 "Pista", which according to someone they wont. This means Pista is the last not hybrid special edition V8.

The only Pista owners I know are here - I dont know anyone in real life that has one as Ive repeatedly said Ive yet to see a single Pista in the flesh here in town. I did see one Pista Pilota.

So to the Pista owners out there- show of hands- who would sell/trade/upgrade their Pista to an F8 assuming that F8 has better performance?

No for me.

Ash Patel and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    of course not.

Bhh and SoCal to az like this.
  5. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I think you have to go and look backwards to find the answer.

How many eventually sold out of a Scud to a 458
    How many eventually sold out of a Speciale to a 488.

Rrr1 likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think that proves my point that no one who owns a pista or is getting a pista is going to swap to an F8.

Bhh, dmark1, Ash Patel and 2 others like this.
  7. TomatoMan

TomatoMan Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    I just received notification that I will get a Pista allocation. I am going on Saturday to spec the car........ Very excited..........

Thecadster, Bhh, boobernackle and 4 others like this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i think there are quite a few of these happening...

boobernackle and paulchua like this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Congrats, you just got an allocation for a car of which demand was so high that it's been sold out for months ;)
    This comment may seem a little bit ironic, but nevertheless I'm sure the Pista is a nice and capable car and you'll enjoy it.

boobernackle likes this.
  10. TomatoMan

TomatoMan Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    I agree....... But I have been bugging them for a while so happy to get one.

Bundy, boobernackle and of2worlds like this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    TomatoMan are you strictly Rosso Corsa red or something more adventurous in your build spec?

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My current 488 is Rosso Corsa. I decided to go completely different on the Pista. This is an image of a Tour de France Blu Pista I found on the net. Had a buddy of mine photoshop the yellow accents in. Mine will be TDF Blu with triple yellow stripes and calipers - full carbon on the outside including engine bay- Dark blue interior with yellow accents. My apologies if the car is someone here on the forum but its the best TDF blu example I found- so not my car but a photoshop of how mine will look. Didnt want to do regular Rosso again:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

13. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Absolutely stunning, no matter how much I love your spec, still can't find it within me to change away from RC.

Boomhauer, MANDALAY and SoCal to az like this.
  14. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Yes, as I said time and time again, have sufficient history with your dealer and you'll get one. No games or Lusso BS needed. Pista Spider may be a different case as I'm sure many folks want to ride on the coat of the 458 SA, which was numbered while the 488 Pista Spider isn't. Not required by Ferrari, just dealer playing games with a lot more leverage.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    RC - been there done that. Time for a change. I love RC but just wanted to do something different for the Pista

boobernackle likes this.
  16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Gorgeous!

SoCal to az likes this.
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thank you for sharing your build spec with great color illustrations that really show off the beauty of Blu TdF here! Much appreciated as the Pista with a stripe livery seems to suit that design very well.

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    After recently seeing a TDF Pista in the flesh I left feeling underwhelmed. It just didn't pop anywhere near enough for the model - became visually relegated into virtual insignificance amongst other red Ferrari's of less status. Maybe on its own TDF holds up as something special over and above the usual RC car but put in into a mix and it's a bit of a yawner. I actually found the black Pista to hold its own better than the TDF and that's saying something.

19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    As we have seen Ferrari has a huge catalog of colors to suit every taste. Many have their favourite color but others crave variety. Some people only collect blue cars. For every fan of red there is also a Swiss city full of grey cars!:D

Bundy and Boomhauer like this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #220 Shadowfax, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    So true. A color for every taste! BUT Pista is a special car/model. The F8 is the model to be grey or blue etc... being down tone is both expected and, more widely accepted.

My personal thoughts on Pista is that it's an outrageous model deserving of an outrageous color. Its like one doesn't go without having the other. And with so many different varieties of red available - which retain the "outrageousness"of the model - to dial the outrageousness out creates a visual conflict for the model. It could also be fairly said that removing the stripe results in much the same thing....a visual conflict for the model.

I found the same result visually with many special PTS Gt2rs's where owners had paid a premium to be "different", leaving the car visually underwhelming.

Keep in mind a Pista is such a rare care to be seen on the road, even though so many are chosen in RC it doesn't matter. t's a model where trying too hard to be different is not necessary.

of2worlds and 09Scuderia like this.
  21. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    I get what you're saying, the GT2 RS is a step below the Pista, but my goodness his spec is truly gorgeous. The yellow stripe and calipers blend perfectly, with the dark rims to add more pop, with the yellow on the inside too.

Very well done and one of the best I've seen so far, even better than the launch spec. Still won't switch away from RC though. Put any decently colored Pista into a group of Red Ferraris and those who know will still love it, except if your name is Max Verstappen.

of2worlds and SoCal to az like this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I appreciate your words but I’m not worried if some randomn internet poster doesn’t like my spec. I didn’t make it for them. I made it for me.

To each his own. It’s all good.

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #223 Shadowfax, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    I wouldn't say it's not a nice spec for a blue car as it all works/co ordinates. My point was that TDF (as a color) didn't hold the level of impact in the flesh as I would have hoped for in a special model such as Pista. That said it's always nice to see different colors in the model, keeping in mind that a picture of a solo car never tells the same story like the naked eye does, particularly when the car is thrown into a tough crowd of other expensive cars.

PS Socal. Never said I didn't like your spec at all. It seems you missed my point entirely....which is fine.....but in a way to be expected unfortunately.

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    As I stated, it’s all good and I really don’t care. Tdf blu was good enough to be chosen as one of the four colors for the Pilota- I’m perfectly happy with my decision.

boobernackle likes this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Well it certainly didn't come across that way in the manner in which you conveyed your message.

Anyway, congratulations socal and glad you are happy with your choices/decisions! As always, that is the main thing for each of us as individuals!

boobernackle and of2worlds like this.