Leclerc "Having A Negative Effect" On Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Leclerc "Having A Negative Effect" On Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by aaronrgonz, May 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just because a good driver doesn’t have a good car to win a race doesn’t mean the driver is bad. I believe if you put Leclerc in a Mercedes, he will win race.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t think anyone can argue with this.... Ricci deserves a top drive to prove he wasn’t flattered by the red bull, and Seb is just not able to rekindle his form and talent. Ferrari don’t really have the time to give him, but they won’t be swapping drivers anytime soon, not least down to the buy out clause in sebs contract

Bas likes this.
  3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Ferrari needs to look at themselves first carefully.

635CSI likes this.
  4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I disagree. One is a 4 time champion. 1 is nothing. Who would you pick?

And looking at the situation, Ricci is fast becoming another Webber, Irv, just another journeyman. Don't get me wrong, I like the dude, seems to honest and upfront. But he can't seem to take the pressure from Max, and escaped. That's my conclusion.

Thomas S. likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel escaped a Ricci who beat him and soundly. Exposed he is as a champion lacking race craft and control when needed

william likes this.
  6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    But the question is, is it actually as clear-cut than this? There is some information published about the fact that Vettel met with LdM at the end of 2013 and agreed verbally on a transfer; which could only happen at the end of 2014, according to Vettel's contract with R.B, if Vettel finished lower than "xx" place in the Championship.
    Now: I don't know what creedence to give to this and furthermore, I cannot imagine that such a competitive person as a Grand Prix driver and four-times World Champion would be able to sit in his car and only drive at 9/10th during a full season.
    BUT: I find it difficult to accept that in 2014, Daniel beat Sebastian "soundly", either.
    But that's just me...

Rgds

daytona355 likes this.
  7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #57 freshmeat, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Calling Leclerc nothing is a reach. Calling Ricci a webber is an even further reach. Ricci bulldozered Vettel as a rookie in equal equipment. Leclerc is showing he is more often than not, faster than Vettel and has been the only Ferrari driver capable of a race win this season, also in his rookie year and despite the team OFFICIALLY ON THE RECORD saying Vettel gets priority ie #1 status...

And all that against what you call a "4-time champion"; that takes away more from Vettel than it takes does his peers imho. If he's such a good 4-time champion he should be whoopin these rookies' butts in commanding fashion...instead he's been stumped BIG TIME.

And please, Ricci didn't leave RB to escape the pressure, he has already proven to be the more consistent driver against Max, yet he was undermined, underpaid and relegated to an unofficial #2 status. That all came to a head at Baku, where Max moved recklessly to block him from passing and ultimately crashed both of them out, but Ricci was blamed for the mishap.

Ricci is a winner, do you think a winner would stick around after all that? Would you?

8. DF1

I think the “mic” dropped lol

9. DF1

238 to 190 in points. Ricci had a win Seb none. Soundly. 3 DNF each

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Maybe, but I prefer to see it rather than believing in it.
    At the moment, I see Hamilton and Bottas winning races, and not Leclerc.

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    This is the same Vettel that lost at least 1 WDC and WCC on his own last year, and quite possibly in 2017. This is same Vettel that Ferrari are favoring this year, and leaving points all over the place for Max to grab. The only way Vettel will ever win another title is if no one else shows up to fight. Ferrari and Vettel deserve each other.

DF1, Surfah and william like this.
  12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    You already forgot Leclerc was set to win a race this year until his FIAT crapped itself, and Ferrari won't let him race?

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

In 2014, Ricciardo 3 wins to Vettel none.

DF1 likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I will assess Leclerc in a few years time.

15. DF1

"Soundly" it is lol

16. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, because they have a better car, it’s not just the driver, it’s the car too.

daytona355 likes this.
  17. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Yes, would be better if Leclerc underperformed so that he would better fit in with Seb and this years cars.
    MISSION FIT IN NOW
    SMH

polishhammer83 likes this.
  18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s only the car.... put any one of seven or eight guys in f1 into the Mercedes and they would be winning immediately, the drivers of the Mercedes are being flattered weekly

miketuason likes this.
  19. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That’s what I’m saying, people can’t just bashed Leclerc, it’s not his fault he doesn’t have a good car.

polishhammer83 and daytona355 like this.
  20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I know the figures as well as anybody. I also know that you have to keep the global picture in mind, otherwise, you might use the facts to prove absurd things, and even worse, you might reach wrong conclusions and lose the plot.
    Example: in 1977, Patrick Depailler soundly beat his teammate Ronnie Peterson at Tyrrell. In 1979, Jacques Laffite was usually quicker than Patrick Depailler at Ligier. So, Jacques Laffite was a quicker driver than Ronnie Peterson.
    (a bit absurd, isn't it?)
    So in 2014 Daniel Ricciardo won three races at Red Bull, Sebastian Vettel none. And Ricci finished higher in the points. Yes. Agreed. But to me, it doesn't mean anything more than that.

Rgds

P.Singhof and daytona355 like this.
  21. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Actually, I even wonder who COULDN'T win in that car?

Rgds

P.Singhof and daytona355 like this.
  22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ermmm, it’s scary even stroll might!

23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    That's exactly what crossed my mind when I was typing the message....:)

Rgds

daytona355 likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    George Russell would ace it.

daytona355 likes this.
  25. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI