Leclerc "Having A Negative Effect" On Ferrari | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Leclerc "Having A Negative Effect" On Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by aaronrgonz, May 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I think Leclerc stirring things up a bit is fine, as long as he doesn't blow his cool. If he keeps his head, the fans will be on his side, because Ferrari can't hide their internal chaos at all anymore.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Plus his lack of performance with Ferrari the last 2 years. The 'global' picture is of a driver with a declining value and reputation. Period. The Ricci defeat is the first indictator of what he lacks. He may improve. He may not but already we see the same as last year. More of a global picture indicating a lack of performance...when needs it most!

william likes this.
  3. DF1

The nail meets the hammer above^^^^^^^

ATBNM3 likes this.
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Dunno, actually. But I'm old enough to remember the warning: "the worst ennemy of Ferrari is...Ferrari". I think they have entered a spiral, where everyone is pulling everyone...downwards. In that matter, I wouldn't be surprised if having kept Kimi one more year as a stabilising factor would have been a better solution. Kimi hates cars that are "front end lazy", perhaps he wouldn't have accepted the car as it is now (remember his first year at Lotus - 2012 - when he was a PITA to the engineers until the front-end of the car was working as it should.
    Actually, I'm still worried that it might end up with both Vettel and Leclerc having burned their wings...
    That being said: should have, would have, etc...are interesting discussions, but the Scuderia must do now with its existing assets. Even if 2019 seems now to be another write-off...
    Ah well: there were 21 years between 1979 and 2000, so until 2028 (2007 + 21) I shall refrain complaining....

Rgds

daytona355, william and G. Pepper like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's not only having the fastest car, but being able to use .

It's not by chance that often the best drivers get the best cars.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

So far, I haven't seen Leclerc win anything in F1, so everything about him is speculation.

There is no "near man" championship.

He seems to be quite handy, but we have yet to find out if it's only "a flash in the pan", or if that will lead to substain success in F1.

7. DF1

True-- we are all excited to see the new pilot of Ferrari and he is fast. Is he a longtime consistent talent is the question of course.

william likes this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yep, in my 48 years of following F1, I have seen plenty of new drivers coming a Ferrari, and in the end, very few were able to become a success.

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So when Mazepin is able to drive some of the fastest laps in that car, is it because he earned it???
    Hilarious that when someone gets the best cars people behave that it must be because he deserves it and that only the fast ones get the fast cars...
    What did Button do to get a double-diffusor WDC-winning Brawn by chance?
    What did Hamilton do to get a multiple WDC/WCC Hybrid, or what did Rosberg that he got the car and nobody else? It is not only "earning it", sometimes it is simply that the stars are lining up or plain luck! For some reasons nobody here praises Vettel to get into the dominant RB, it is only used in negative ways...double standards all over again!

daytona355 likes this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So would it be fair to say, that Mazepins(rookie) 1:15 time, comparable to Bottas, during testing is his talent or the car??? Or " it's testing Joe, cannot make that determination."

I guess my point is, can a rookie like Mazepin(whom was so-so in F2) step into that W10 and become "fast"?? I would say yes.

daytona355 likes this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    #86 Surfah, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    "Global Picture" is a mentally fragile, mistake prone has-been whose best years of driving are in the rear view mirror. 2014, 2017, 2018 and 2019 so far. How many more years does one need to paint the "Global Picture"?

A 4-time WDC whose current racecraft is epitomized by wheel locks and spin outs.

Who again has lost the plot?:rolleyes:

12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The car is the star these days, not the drivers, when it comes down to winning. The Mercedes is the fastest car by a mile, supported by a team that is so used to winning, they can manipulate all its results to suit themselves. If they want to take the heat off, they are so confident they can throw a few sessions if they want, throw a race, and yet KNOW that they can get that win back later.

Elton is fast, but he’s just very very lucky, otherwise he would have been able to make his McLaren more competitive in 2009 thru 2012, but he didn’t, he got the results expected of the car, and no more. Against massa in 2008, he struggled to barely get over the line as champion despite the faster car, and no one here claims (pre-head injury) Massa is the second coming of Giles/Prost/Senna. Against bottles he needs team orders to beat the guy if bottles is being allowed to compete, late in the season, he knows toto will decide whether he or bottles wins, and the championship will go to the teams favoured guy, he just hopes he is that guy. If they swapped either he or bottles with just about anyone on the grid, those replacements would be winning immediately in the Mercedes, no question.

It has a 0.7 seconds advantage today, and yet I’ll bet they aren’t even running at 100% yet compared to the rest who will undoubtedly be trying hard, and believing they are closer to the merc than they thought they would be. Tomorrow in qualifying, the Mercedes will annihilate the lot of them, while making sure to use only just enough to do so, have pole by half a second, and then cruise the race while first is decided by who gets the best start of the two

Boring as ****, and much as I hate knives and scalpels, I’d rather be having them dig in my leg for cancer than watch the race, it will be less painful to go through than seeing those scumbags go on to a totally unchallenged win. The best the rest can hope for is that Elton has a crisis of trust in toto, and takes himself and bottles out the race trying to be first into the first corner panicking that bottles is going to win the WDC this year

classic308 likes this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think there is a difference between testing and racing.

The conditions and the goals aren't the same.

I would like Mazepin to replace Hamilton at the next GP, and we would really see.

ATBNM3 and DF1 like this.
  14. DF1

Charles displays his talent testing and racing. Mazepin is an unknown completely.

william likes this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Agreed

But would'nt the W10 out qualify everyone else with a kid like Mazepin as an example thereby putting him in front during the race.....distancing himself, with help from the pit lane, throughout the race and POSSIBLY getting a 1st place podium finish but a higher probability of a 2nd place podium finish??

kes7u likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

For a start, Mazepin would have to race Under pressure to keep the lead. Does he know how to do that? Has he lead a race in the past?
    Does he know what it takes to be a pacesetter? Does he know how to resist attacks? Does he know how to pace himself for a whole race?

Also, a best time during testing doesn't mean he could take pole. Does he know how to deal with backmarkers? etc, etc ...

I don't think there is any guaranty that Mazepin could do the same job as Hamilton.

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Probably not in his rookie year... but his testing times show how dominant the car is and this is all that was said. Give Mazepin the amount of races Lewis has and he will be able to win in this car just like everybody else would. Right at the moment all you have to do in the Mercedes is to beat your team mate, we are again in a two-day championship

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The best test would be a neutral day mid-season, names in a hat, Two Mercedes cars available, standard set of settings and tyres applied, and run the top ten drivers in pairs, setting lap times. I bet the lot of them are on Elton’s pace, and several will beat him, within a few laps. That is the true test of the cars dominance. If you wanted to make it fun, have them also run in the Ferrari’s and the red bulls as well, same targets. The Mercedes will be fastest, Cans last

19. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Meanwhile on planet earth...

Nikita Mazepin - 135 total starts in junior formula.
    5 race wins
    0 championships.

Lewis Hamilton - 105 total starts in junior formula
    37 race wins
    Formula Renault UK Champion
    Formula 3 Euro Series Champions (most wins ever in single season)
    GP2 Champion (as rookie)

ATBNM3, bmwracer and william like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You said it perfectly.
    Pretending that anyone could step in a Mercedes and equal or beat Hamilton is just an other angle to dismiss his achievement.
    His racecraft was built over years of success in karts, and then in the lower categories, but some would like you to believe that a second zone rookie could do just as well because he posted a few fast laps in a testing session. Laughable !!!
    They must think that Mercedes are fools to pay him 46M £ a year !!!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Laughable to claim Mazepin would equal Hambone in the same car.

Hambone's qualifying lap today was stunning.

Vettel chokes again typical of the loser he is.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You guys either can't read or you simply do not want to!!! Nobody said that Mazepin would beat Lewis but that the car is good enough that Mazepin might be able to beat those sitting in the other cars. A big difference!
    And the qualy lap apparently was not even a tenth faster than the one of Bottas showing that it is the car more than the drivers...

23. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #98 Giallo 550, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    More like Ferrari is having a negative impact on Leclerc. Although he is still developing and makes the occasional mistake, they somehow manage to bollocks him up every weekend.

ATBNM3, daytona355 and william like this.
  24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I said "equal" not beat which were your exact words when you wrote

"Give Mazepin the amount of races Lewis has and he will be able to win in this car just like everybody else would."

Dont you know that that Hambone is included in "everybody"?

Oh btw Vettel still sucks

ATBNM3 likes this.
  25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And when I say that every reasonable experienced F1 driver is able to win races in the Mercedes, how does this mean that I said Mazepin is equal to Lewis???
    And what has Vettel to do with this? Let me guess next you bring up Schumacher

daytona355 likes this.