NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 82 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I made this post a while ago about the BB using electric motors to drive the front wheels in addition to the rear.
    I’m doubling down on my prediction. Like everyone else, looking forward to the public reveal.

of2worlds and Doug23 like this.
  2. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Could one person translate in broad line please?

3. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #2028 boobernackle, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Yes.

Not only that, I went to the unveilings for many of the recent cars and once the fabric was pulled got the impression the folks around me were underwhelmed. Yes, there were the Corsa Clienti folks that would buy anything, among others that simply want to get the 812 tdf (or whatever it'll be called).

Reliability wise and quality, Ferrari now produces cars head and shoulders than before. Apart from the 488, they just lack that special sauce.

Hopefully Big Brother will change that.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Interesting view. Of course a 250 Lusso or a 512 BB has more “special sauce” for me too, but today’s cars are objectively better. I understand what you mean, but I m not sure any of the modern manufacturers have much special sauce left. My point being that the “charm” of old cars is now seen as unreliability by modern buyers, safety rules reduce manufacturers freedom to design beautiful shapes and cost pressure leads to cars being variations of other models. All facts of the modern car making world...Just compare a modern Porsche with a 993 GT2...I m just finishing my Singer Porsche and that has plenty of soul but it is also a 30 year old car at heart!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds, LVP488 and boobernackle like this.
  5. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    So what is latest expected date for unveiling?

6. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #2031 boobernackle, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Please get facts straight before responding. Since when did I say "everyone who wants one will get a Pista"? That was user ttforcefed, not me. What I mentioned, as in my case, was you need to have sufficient history with your dealer to get one and not to fall for the BS marketing game of buying a Lusso/flavor of the month. Sufficient history means different things depending on your market. If you live in a larger market with a huge buying pool, then your history needs to be greater, etc.

My dealer is not an idiot, in fact they're one of the largest in North America, a dealer can and will order a car for stock (which never happened before), but with the production increase, they will push an order not to lose the allocation.

They may be selling more 812s and Lussos, but clearly not as many as they had hoped, which is why they moved some Portofino production to the V12 assembly line. Don't believe me, feel free to walk it. In the USA, you can order either with no wait or history, that should tell you a lot.

North America is a whole different market compared to Switzerland.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Very well said and agree. Hopefully BB can incorporate a new design language that will eventually translate to other Ferrari lines.

For me, the F8 was such a disappointment and a step in the wrong direction I feel, same with the 812.

8. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Let’s be clear about one thing. Ferrari dealers can and DO order cars for stock in Europe and elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that of course
    I bought my F12 new from the dealer’s showroom... I think it is great that this is -only occasionally- possible...

of2worlds and boobernackle like this.
  9. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
  10. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    Stunning!!....looks to have well balanced proportions and cohesive lines flowing through the entire body which is the benefit of a bottom up new model rather than a facelift of an old platform. This is is a whole new world for Ferrari but I think this car will shock the world and reaffirm why we all love this brand with cult like passion!!

stavura and Senna1994 like this.
  11. Goodman

Goodman Rookie

Mar 2, 2015
    Brussels
    Full Name:
    George
    Hope it will last longer than regular models and be reliable as well.
    Is it going to be a track oriented car like the Senna?

12. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Public or private? The presentations in Maranello are next week Wed-Fri

of2worlds likes this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Singer is a 964 starting point? Since you could choose anything; what color combination did you go with?

14. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I prefer to send pictures when the car is ready. It is being painted now, so I don’t want to jinx it!! Waited close to 2 years to get here!!!
    Regarding the base, it is a 964 C2

Albert-LP and sampelligrino like this.
  15. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Absolutely, I understand perfectly, NO jinx! 2 years is worse than some Ferrari models!!! Thank you for your update on the Singer progress.

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  18. SmokinV10

SmokinV10 Karting

Oct 19, 2017
    #4 will truly be the interesting event to watch. With all the exotic manufacturers being pushed into the same corner and having to transform their entire lineup into a hybrid powertrain setup, the end of the pure internal combustion engine supercar is here. Undoubtely the hybrid or even pure electric cars will ultimately have higher performance and with no alternatives in the marketplace this change to hybrid technology will be different than other technology introductions in the past.

19. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    May 29, 7pm Maranello time.

of2worlds and roma1280 like this.
  20. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    Are any people going to the launch event from the UK? Are there three evenings - 29/30/31?

21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    There is no doubt in my mind Scuderia Ferrari is hurting, and something is seriously wrong. Like all sports - things change, I"m from the Bay Area, look at Golden State Warriors if you want to talk drought. Look at Lakers/Celtics.

As far as aesthetics, I never debate that objectively, if you think the F8 and other offerings look fugly but the Pista is beautiful, silly for me to try and say you are wrong, but I will say I found it odd since most folks seem to say the Pista/F8 look similar (especially front the front/side.)

The part I disagree entirely with is the macro sales situation. I don't know every micro situation with every region (your dealer for example), but unless they are cooking the books, the company is going from strength to strength in total. Now, are they losing their 'secret' sauce or whatever what one wants to call it, may be true - and just to plain subjective for me to argue one way or another.

22. bl1910

bl1910 Rookie

May 13, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Zeyd Zaki
    I'm going on the 30th, are there a lot of people per presentation?

23. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    His favourite Ferrari is the 330 P4 (he also has a model on his desk) and you can never go wrong with that. Timeless beauty.

[​IMG]

24. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Yup. On the 30th

F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.