NBA Playoff Predictions?? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

NBA Playoff Predictions??

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ShineKen, May 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice. If I was a gambling man I would have made a killing taking NE over KC in the AFC Champ game. That outcome was so obvious to me.

2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I’m not a gambling man at all. I’ll place 1 or 2 bets a year. My bro was in Vegas for the superbowl so I figured I’d have him place a bet for me that was “obvious” :). I won $475 last year placing the same bet on GSW. Houston is the only team that has made me nervous about the bets.

greg328 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    thats true re mj but does that mean ewing is an all time great? he got 25 and 12 for many yrs in a row. mj really ruined it for so many competitors. barkley too.

4. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Some of you continue to assume that Steph Curry’s greatness status should be downgraded because he is one dimensional and cannot play “ a lick of defense.” While he is not a 1st team NBA all defensive guard-one on one stop gap defender like Gary Payton, MJ, or even Patrick Beverly, he is still not a poor defensive player. Many forget in the (pre KD) first 2 NBA finals run years in 2014-15 and 2015-16, The Warriors were consistently the best defensive team in the league and Steph Curry even led the NBA in Steals in 2015-16. Yes, Steph Curry was a guard led the league in steals...just like MJ, Magic, Stockton, Payton did. Perhaps people have the assumption that Curry is a defensive liability is because the other splash brother guard, Klay Thompson is a stellar one on one defender who can shut most people down, so your best play would be to attack the weaker defender, Curry. Tiring out Curry on the defensive end also serves you well to possibly make his offensive game suffer. The teams that have beat the Warriors in the past have always used the formula of Irritating, manhandling and stopping Curry from beating you. The aim of letting the other guys best you...this is how important Steph is for the Warriors...Additional evidence of His all around game is, Curry at only 6’3” is usually one of the leading rebounders for guards in the league as well...He had a triple double in the Portland close out game...37 pts, 13 rebounds, and 11 assists. Another possibility for assumptions that Curry is not all around is his general nature of letting his game speak for itself, rarely saying much to defend himself when others criticize him...

ShineKen likes this.
  5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    every team playing gsw has same strategy. pick and roll to switch curry onto your best player. and they usually score on him. he is a liability on d. and playing free safety picking off passes does count as a steal but its not a part of being good defender. lots lousy defenders get lots of steals. but, it is impressive he gets as many rebounds as he does. but that might be due to fact he knows dray and iggy can cover for him so he leave his player to hit the boards. he is good rebounder regardless esp for his size

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The warriors as a team is a great defensive team and curry is average. He is no Steve Nash but overall agains Houston, till he had his game 6 heroics he was really exposed. There is no denying that.
    GP was really close to locking down MJ in 96, u can expose steph u couldn’t do that to magic as much, and not to j Kidd or Stockton. GP even said Stockton was so freaking hard to guard; not flashy but he would take u wherever he wanted.
    Let’s look at the 15 team defensively: iggy, Thomson, dray, Harrison freaking Barnes who is so underrated that crazy guy is a monster and was guarding Lebron a lot... bottom line curry has help on d;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I believe Ewing is an all time great. Very large man who could flat out ball and produced consistently his entire career.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    amazing curry is all time great and he cant even dunk the ball. laughed so hard when he blew dunk to lose Houston game.

what do gsw fans think kd will do? does he come back for finals? does he leave? where does he go? I think hes crazy to leave unless its to a team ready to win it all now. otherwise just look at LeBron in la. hes irrelevant. knicks will ruin kd.

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Rumour is he will remain with GS because he wants more rings than Lebron. Once he does that, then he may go to another team and try and win won there.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

95.7 the game bay area’s radio said knicks or clippers yesterday...

11. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    So far KD’a progress is seemingly behind Damarcus Cousins’ in the prospect of coming back in the Finals, according to team reports. I think they both may be back if the series is extended to 6 or 7 games. As for where he ends up next year-My gut feeling is that he will be gone. It would be a shame to break up this team, but sometimes KD tends to be affected by what outsiders think of him. I don’t understand why he always answers back critics on Twitter. Sometimes critics say things like you already joined loaded team that won a ring (and should have won 2), so you didn’t really earn your 2 rings. Or, the GSW’s will always be Steph’s team and not yours. Or lately critics keep saying, they can win a championship without you. Sometimes ideas like this get into his head and I believe he sometimes looks to “greener pastures”. If he stays the Dubs have a chance to catch and pass MJ and the Bulls dynasty in terms of championships.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If you were KD, would you know where you’d go given all the information you have now? I don’t think KD himself knows where he’ll go. He’s focused on his health and the Finals. When that’s over, he’ll evaluate the offers on the table. But whatever team he goes to, he’s not going by himself.

I would like to see him in NY.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    GSW doesn't need KD. If they can win without KD, their rings would be much more respected and Steph will get his respect.

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    steph just got 1st team all nba so cant have much more respect.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

That being said if step is all nba then kd should have been there. He carried the team
    When Steph was out

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    He's gotten back to back MVP's and a few rings. Still gets disrespected. That's what makes GSW such an unstoppable force. The sharing between elite players makes them look like shells of their former selves, but the reality is... they still got it.

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    steph disrespect is due to not being big or athletic. he isnt fast, strong, and cant jump. he just seems wimpy. but everyone knows hes fantastic.

gsw greatness to me is iggy is best perimeter def and dray is best post def. no other team can compare with that.

18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    all nba is strange. kd is best player in league but only 2nd team. kyrie ruined the Celtics and hes also 2nd team

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen

20. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s all relative: steph deadlifts 400 pounds with ease and im pretty sure he runs fast enough and can do a reverse dunk.
    Growing up I played numerous times against tony Parker/ u wouldn’t believe how fast and high he jumped. But in the nba he had like 4 dunks in his career. They are all super good which makes it hard to tell how good they are.

ShineKen and 95spiderman like this.
  21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ^^^^^ so cool!

22. Natkingcolebasket69

The best player I ever faced was Gilbert arenas though. I played against him 7 years ago in pick up games. Although I was a former d1 player I could not keep up with me and made me look like I never ever touched a basketball before... such a quick first step I wouldn’t believe it;)

greg328 likes this.
  23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    He’s got a nice 1 hand jump shot too :)

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Back when I tried to guard Gilbert and failed ...big time;)

ShineKen and 95spiderman like this.
  25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    great pic! awesome

ShineKen and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.