FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2019: PRACTICE 1/2/3 *** SPOILERS *** | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2019: PRACTICE 1/2/3 *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [AMuS] Charles complained that he does'nt get the temp in the front tires but the prep of a long run is different than qualifying and therefore no indication that it must be a problem in qualifying.

Also

Sky Germany says that according to their information, both Vettel and Leclerc are using the Spec 1 engine this weekend.(****No one else has reported this****)

G. Pepper and Igor Ound like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    mcimino likes this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    mcimino, G. Pepper, Etcetera and 2 others like this.
  4. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    mcimino likes this.
  5. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thank you for all of your posts. VERY enjoyable and informative.

Can you please tell me what I am looking at in the Pitwalkers video clip? Thank you.

Kevin

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Pirelli must be enjoying all the free press for being the ones deciding championships. And it’s not like they’ve been partial to any teams before by letting them test illegally and in complete secrecy...

375+, stavura, Jakuzzi and 2 others like this.
  7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    That upright is completely bonkers. It probably cost more to develop than the Soviet space program.

Nembo1777 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  8. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Speedcore just want you to know I really appreciate all the pictures and data you post. Thanks!!!

Thecadster, 375+ and SPEEDCORE like this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    On the Pitwalkers clip, it's just showing how the suspension works in the curve (where the W10 gains ground) relative to the car.

kes7u likes this.
  10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    The Merc is in a whole different world universe to everything else. Unbelievable dominance. Most dominant F1 car of all time? Too early to tell, but it’s definitely possible... Soooo depressing.

375+ and Bas like this.
  11. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Am I right in thinking that clip is showing the tyre remaining horizontal to the ground as it turns, i.e. maintaining its contact patch, as "normal" cars it doesn't...I think?

12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    That would be my guess.

13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I fell asleep 10 into FP2. Should have made coffee.

G. Pepper and Igor Ound like this.
  14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143610/mercedes-has-monaco-tyre-warmup-concern

The Mercedes Formula 1 team admits it has a tyre warm-up "concern" for Monaco Grand Prix qualifying, despite its imperious form in the two Thursday practice sessions.

The champion team arrived in Monte Carlo as a strong favourite following its five successive one-two finishes and its pace advantage in low-speed corners in the last event at Barcelona.

It delivered on that form in Thursday practice, with Lewis Hamilton topping both sessions and leading a Mercedes one-two in the afternoon, as the W10s outpaced the best of the opposition by around seven tenths of a second.

But chief race engineer Andrew Shovlin said after Thursday's running that the Mercedes was taking too long to get the tyres in an optimal state for a flying lap, which could pose problems on Saturday given the traditionally hectic and traffic-heavy nature of qualifying at the short street circuit.

"We still seemed to have problems getting lap one out of the soft, despite the hotter track temperatures in the afternoon," Shovlin said.

"Our number one concern is getting the soft tyre to work on the first lap; our headline times were good today but it took us a lot of laps to get there and qualifying is so important at this track.

"We've got Esteban [Ocon, reserve driver] in the simulator this evening and tomorrow so hopefully he can help with some of that learning."

Shovlin acknowledged the practice sessions had otherwise been "fairly smooth" for Mercedes, although he stressed that traffic meant the team could not gather as much data as it would have liked.

"The first session was good, we were trying to run in the quiet parts of the session and were able to give the drivers a lot of time in clear air," he said.

"The car was quite well-balanced once we got the tyres up to temperature.

"We started the second session on the medium tyre, expecting it to be a bit of a handful but actually it was working quite nicely.

"On the long runs we were suffering with an incredible amount of traffic and the drivers struggled to put two clear laps together. That has meant we've not got quite the level of information we'd like going into the race."

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I think this helps the slow/medium corner performance they have achieved this year possibly.

16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What a lot of ********. The team don’t want Liberty or the FIA stepping in if they get a sixth one-two, so they are inventing drama that doesn’t exist to try to help avoid sanction, and to help the FIA sell advertising during the race, because more and more of us will have switched off very early in the race, if not during the farce that is qualifying, due to Mercedes ridiculous non-challengable advantage within the rules written for their direct dominant advantage

stavura, fil and 635CSI like this.
  17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Americans have a saying, if the bull don't ****, the grass don't grow.

stavura, fil and daytona355 like this.
  18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Hehehe, very very true!

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    OMG... will Mercedes be able to overcome these huge problems ever???
    They really must be exhausted at this stage of the season having to deal with all these dramas and set-backs every week
    On Sunday LH and VB again have to thank the team that they were able to make a car work that originally was slower than the Williams despite the fears they had due to the impressive speed the SF had. They are really #blessed..

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355, kylec, stavura and 4 others like this.
  20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Mercedes'ability to overcome problem that other teams can't solve clearly irritates.

cairns likes this.
  21. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm more interested in the Indy 500 than this race, and Monaco is my favorite race of the year.

daytona355, kylec, Isobel and 2 others like this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I agree. Looks like another Mercedes 1-2 with Verstappen 3rd. I don't think Red Bull has the chance to take Mercedes here

daytona355, 375+ and G. Pepper like this.
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    F2 coming up soon.

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #249 Bas, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    because they don't have a problem. Mercedes says the same thing after every practice ''oh we're really concerned, Ferrari/Red Bull look really strong here'', for the past 5 years. Then comes quali, smash it and they put on their best ''surprised'' face.

25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    F2 formation lap now!