What’s your daily 4x4 driver including snow? Lusso , FF | FerrariChat

What’s your daily 4x4 driver including snow? Lusso , FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by LF3, May 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LF3

LF3 Rookie

Nov 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    George
    I have a couple Lexus SUV and a Landcruiser but need a new daily 4x4 including in snow, usually plowed roads but sometimes 6”. Been thinking of a used FF or Lusso. What snow / all season tires? Michelin, BFG?
    The Lexus 460 takes too long to warm up.
    What do you use? 911s, Panamera, Urus, Merc 450, truck, Lambo,Cayenne, M5,etc?

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I have a GLS and a Lusso. Both are very capable in the snow. Obviously the Lusso is much lower so GLS is a better fit for fresh snow.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    4x4 Panda, narrow tires and unburdened by kerb weight or "status", heated front screen, driven in the European Alps, not driven in Hollywood or Knightsbridge.

deltona and montpellier like this.
  4. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Tesla P100D in the snow. Its got adjustable air suspension to give it extra ground clearance and the instantaneous control of the electric motors give it incredible traction. I've got a set of Hakkapeliitta snow tires on it and its unbelievable. Once this year I got caught out in an early snow storm when I still had the summer tires on, and was very impressed with how well it did with them as well.
    Its also got an app for your phone where you can warm up the car before you leave, and if you're a predictable schedule you can even have it do that for you automatically.

5. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Tacoma Pro for a lot of snow. Otherwise Lexus rx350.

6. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    Landcruiser .

7. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
  8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Cayenne Turbo, beast!

9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Mountain bike - I don't get stuck in snow or need to be pulled out of snow.:D I live close enough to my workplace to commute via bike daily. If necessary, I have snow shoes and back country capable nordic skis. I can get to my workplace even if it's the blizzard of the century.

10. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I've daily driven a RWD AMG C63S in many Canadian winters without issue. The good thing about places that have regular harsh winters is that they have the infrastructure in place to deal with it (plow services for example). If the snow is bad enough that the plow services can't keep up, then usually most businesses are closed that day.

A GTC4 Lusso should be fine in the snow for roadway commuting. As long as you drive slower and leave significantly longer distances for braking, you will be fine.

11. pelank

pelank Rookie

Dec 5, 2015
    Monaco
    Used an FF for 3 years, in the snow up to a foot of fresh stuff in the Alps for 3 seasons. Needed to raise the suspension via Lifter twice otherwise fine.
    Have also used Targa 4S too but a lot less fun as everything works all the time and no fun things like go into 5 and lose 4WD like the FF.
    Obviously as a Daily Driver a bit over the top, but who cares... life is too short
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

635CSI, ANOpax, vraa and 1 other person like this.
  12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ive had the pirellis sottozeros - very capable and stable on the FF during lots of snow and ice. may try the michellins now that theyre available for FF. i have 08 escalade, 07 Range rover HSE, 2011 Range rover SC, and 2013 LR4 - all the rovers wear either hakkapalits or wr3s. the escalade runs michellin defender LTS and its been good enough in the snow. The 2 full size rovers are the dogs of the bunch in the snow. lr4 is great.

13. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Packed snow a Lusso or FFis fine but 6 inches starts to enter SUV territory for reliability
    I have a GLE63 with pirelli ice and snow tires and a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 5 inch lift and 36 inch tires
    The GLE is a handful even with the special pirellis.
    The Jeep is all conquering
    I take the Jeep every time

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I think AWD is necessary, as well as a rear wiper. This Canadian winter we encountered situations where a 30 min. drive turned into 3 hrs. The slow moving traffic was exacerbated by the rate of snowfall and ice, leading to accumulation on the windows. Even making a left turn resulted in oversteer and understeer with winter tires and "snow mode" on a Range Rover.

15. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Just bought a new 2019 Race Red Ford Shelby Baja Raptor for the upcoming Northeast winters. Not a daily driver per se, but an extremely fun outrageous 4X4 “sport” truck that doubles as an entertaining weekend toy in the summer, when not in 812 mood, and snowmobile in the winter when duty calls. :D

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Lusso for wife (with run flat Blizzaks)
    S63 with Sottozeros for myself.(I can't drive a Ferrari to work)

17. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    2012 FF with Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires. From 1997 to 2010, I used a Porsche 993TT.

This pic was taken on the drive to upper Michigan for a snowmobiling trip earlier this year.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Netgear

Netgear Rookie

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    MK
    My 2011 Cayenne Turbo with proper snow tires was a blast. Later replaced with 2015 Panamera 4S. Seemed more secure but I didn’t like lack of clearance. Now I love my 2017 Range Rover HSE. Definitely not the fun factor of either Porsches but so secure and competent in lousy weather.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app