NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 85 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    of2worlds likes this.
  2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    My post you referenced specifically states Allocations, not delivery times. Delivery time can vary based on where in the world you are, certain options, was it TM, etc. The more complex your spec, the longer the delivery timeframe.

F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  3. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    I agree that theres no need to carry along its own entertainment, but especially with their less track focussed cars, aka 812, F8, GTC4 Lusso. A well functioning infotainment system goes a long way, especially with a good set of speakers. There's no need for the BB to have massive screens of course, but having speakers that sound better than a golf and screens that are higher quality than a 2012 iPhone would be nice. These cars are becoming more and more tech products, especially as this car is a hybrid. Doesn't make much sense to have a last generation interior and a next generation exterior/chassis.

Thelovelyrock18 likes this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    My reply was in-kind, same, so my update remains to refine the accuracy of your post to which it replied. I actually made that very specific in my reply, so, you may want to re-read it.

And, I agree, some options can result in very long production times, typical "simple" 812 SF production to delivery is 4-6 months, but if you need exceptions/overrides, special options, well then production can take a very long time.

boobernackle and of2worlds like this.
  5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    That's it right there, almost that is, isn't it? As Ferrari becomes less unique (i.e. moving away from their top of the line IC engines to "me too" electric motors) then it should become homogenized to blend in with the rest, can't imagine what would make a Ferrari special in that situation besides the badge and bespoke design and interior.

I think the 812 and Lusso, at least for long hauls, i.e. "GT mode" maybe a nice set of speakers if you are cruising at a constant "cross-country" pass without drama and satellite radio (at least in USA, I don't think it's available much elsewhere). But, leave all the manual dials/buttons, never ever use touch screens ever.

But, just the same, I think those would only be options and the default would not have any more electronic screens than now...well, at least while Ferrari's IC engines are included :)

of2worlds and F142George like this.
  6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You can always rip the infotainment out to please yourself
    But some of us would like to have good system while crawling thru traffic

Thelovelyrock18, boobernackle and C50 like this.
  7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Traffic crawling is the wrong way to use a Ferrari. :D

Jeronimo GTO, of2worlds and JTSE30 like this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Interesting thought, but that would actually not be something I would ever do, just the same, I never really thought about driving the BB in traffic, at least for what you seem to be indicating, something like when used as a daily driver. If you want a commuter car/vehicle maybe something else would be better, personally being in a low slung car in heavy traffic isn't the best plan to me regardless of any infotainment system it has. I would prefer to be in some taller and more visible and that provides greater visibility.

9. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My contact in Maranello says it will have the individual butt cheek warmers.

10. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I’d be offended if it didn’t.

11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Is there an option for the obese? Just one big ass butt cheek warmer instead of two separate ones?

JagShergill and Doug23 like this.
  12. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  13. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Brace yourself when the car is unveiled. They'll say Ferrari blatantly copied at least ten different cars at once..

Doug23 and of2worlds like this.
  14. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    tryptomine, Boomhauer and G. Pepper like this.
  15. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Doesn't exclude the possibility that he's an idiot. :)

nads, F2003-GA, Andrew97 and 5 others like this.
  16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Unavoidable my friend :)

17. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I understand not caring about the infotainment features in Ferraris - I never turned the sound system on in my 456M during over six years of ownership - but marketing realities are marketing realities, and so I hope BB has a significant upgrade over the lackluster systems so far. As mentioned, only incremental changes since the 599, really.

F142George and Doug23 like this.
  18. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    "Particularly driven by growth in the GT segment, Ferrari is developing the next generation of human machine interface technologies. Using state of the art technologies we will be guided by the Formula 1 derived concept of “eyes on the street, hands on the steering wheel”, for a focused, safe and enjoyable drive. We intend to add several new technologies, including a new head up display, a new innovative cluster, a new steering wheel that features new commands and a new infotainment system, as well as tools aimed at positively enhancing the passengers’ experience."

19. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Currently there is a huge tent at Fiorano. So next week's launch seems to be a pretty big event especially when compared to the Monza's launch inside the new Centro Stile.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Interesting they are still doing development work on the F8 as seen in the video with the camo covered car. The same F8 test driver here was out testing the Monza SP1 back on April 22nd this year to. F40 sighting as well, seen testing near the factory!

Hope it doesn't rain next week, the big tent a Fiorano could be a sauna! :D

red passion likes this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I get it, but I am fortunate enough to have a house in the suburbs.
    Need a sports car? Get the sports car.
    Need a saloon? Get the saloon.
    Need the Landie? Get the Landie!

22. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    Back on topic...

In the past few years I have been thinking how Ferrari was falling from its #1 spot in performance and innovation.
    And then here comes the BB. It is a car that I think will not have any competition in its price range for at least two years when the new Aventador hybrid replacement shows up. McLaren: hybrids to start at Sport series level. Aston: AMRB-003 now seems a little overpriced as you can get all that performance from the BB.
    Porsche: not yet.

Seems like Ferrari has this market segment all by itself. Ask Gulfstream about the G650 and it’s domination for 4 years. Talk about profits!!!

23. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I must have heard a half-dozen words out of that idiot before I could hit the mute button. My day is ruined, thanks. Hate Schmee. :)

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hi Guys it's me Shmee!:mad: grrrrrrrrr