360 need servicing | FerrariChat

360 need servicing

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by gil santiago, May 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gil santiago

gil santiago Rookie

May 5, 2019
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    gil santiago
    I'm looking at getting a 2001 360 with 9k miles in the odometer, last belts service was 2016, now its a little more than 3 years and contemplating whether to have it serviced or drive another 2 years before the next belt service. any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome - the 3 yr belts question is extremely regularly discussed so your best option is to look at some of the previous threads (most are happy to go a little longer especially if Hills bearings have been fitted) - also check out the buying guide at top sticky

docf likes this.
  3. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    IF THE CAR HAS HARDLY BEEN DRIVEN IN THE 3 YEARS SINCE LAST BELT SERVICE (WHICH IS PROBABLY THE CASE), sorry about caps!, then I would do the belt service now. Those belts don't like sitting in the same spot for long periods of time. they develop a set.

4. gil santiago

gil santiago Rookie

May 5, 2019
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    gil santiago
    thanks for the info, the last service was in 2016 with 6k miles and the mileage now is 9k, so basically they drive the car sparingly,
    now I believe I can ask them to have it serviced or work it out about the asking price, thanks

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Start fresh. Do the service and all fluids. Start keeping detailed records from this point forward. Enjoy the car.

Bigilo and brian.s like this.