Pista for sale...$577,000 | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I know this may not be popular here, but the Lusso is a great car a bit tainted because of the mandatory maneuvers unfortunately. Anyone else feel this way? Look at the Lusso threads...everyone is stoked, I feel like we are a bunch of spoiled kids.

Regardless, I love all the ones I got and ‘had’ to get, we are truly fortunate to be in the position to get one.

johnr265 and 09Scuderia like this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The BB talks are indeed a little bit off-topic, but on the other hand an additional offering may have some impact on the global demand. Given the fact that (unlike some seem to believe ;) ) most people do not have unlimited resources allocated to buying cars.
    Recently the most impressive value has been achieved by the Speciale Aperta - but one could note that Ferrari had actually nothing new for sale at the price point reached by the Speciale Aperta, so people wanting to spend that amount of money on a Ferrari had no choice (the F12 tdf new was in very limited supply, and then it reached a higher price point on the used market).
    Now the BB will compete with used Pista and Pista spiders if those try to reach a similar price point, so it will be a tougher battle for buyers money - which typically result in lower prices.
    These are only guesses though, they could be right or wrong like any predictions.

3. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’m guaranteed to never lose money on my Pista.

Guaranteed.

09Scuderia and Rrr1 like this.
  4. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I ordered a Lusso as my daily driver and now own it over two years, love it for everyday. I usually don’t own my daily drivers more than a year but I can’t find a replacement for the Lusso and don’t want to trade for the same car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I have NEVER been asked to take a car to get another.

boobernackle likes this.
  6. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Unless you have already sold the car, this is the most absurd statement I have seen here in a long time.

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #282 boobernackle, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Think about what you said, if your statements held true, people would have to buy a Pista that's already been built and is days away from delivery, or delivery to dealer has already been made. Your "entry ticket" surprise, which I take it means the Lusso/flavor of the month game loss on trade, only gets shocking when it comes time to trade it in, which happens close to delivery of the incoming car. Don't fall for the grade level excuses dealers make.

That's not the case, others are getting allocations and build slots to spec their own car, why? Because allocations are released over time. A dealer saying we're "sold out" doesn't have to tell you how many allocations will be released in the future, or they simply don't know due to conditions beyond their control.

How many times have you seen dealers do this, every single time? Remember all the 720S sold out posts? How about the 812? Did you forget about the GT2 RS ones too?

Sufficient history with dealer matters. Don't have it, then Lusso is your path.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #283 boobernackle, May 25, 2019
    Drug addicts justify their habits, doesn't make it right.

The Lusso is just an ugly car, worse than the F8. The fact it's a car that needs to be forced should tell you how most view it.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #284 Shadowfax, May 25, 2019
    With Pista there are deposits already held on the initial allocations assigned some time back now. As those allocations have come up for production slots the dealer calls these clients to "fish out" who's ready and who's not and, who's situation may have changed entirely from the time they accepted their allocation. I got the feeling that when they called me to ask if I wanted to be part of their April build slot, which was much earlier than I expected, that I was being given a leg up on the basis that there were others who had that April slot but were not ready financially. Naturally the dealer will make sure the slot are filled and, if that means contacting buyers further down the list then so be it.

The history with the dealer means dog **** if part of that history didn't include buying one of the models in the entry criteria. This has not only been made very clear right from the beginning but has been show to be consistent - clients who had bought many Ferrari's not on the criteria list all declined.

09Scuderia likes this.
  10. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    There is no model in the entry criteria, except having a 488 as a recommendation. Feel free to look at the Pista dealer slideshow that was prepared by Ferrari and leaked on Fchat, said nothing about the Lusso/Portofino as a requirement.

If it was a requirement, EVERY Pista buyer would've had to do it. That's not the case. You folded and played the game to get your Pista, doesn't mean others had to as well to get one.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #286 Shadowfax, May 25, 2019
    488 was a minimum but I suspect your way it became a game where they had no problem shifting 488s at that stage but Lussos were always a problem. So certain 488 owners were being declined pista allocation in favor of giving those Pista allocations to others who the dealer felt they could work over to buy a Lusso. So when they xhausted that avenue they then went back over to the 488 guys who they'd previously declined. It's pretty easy to work out what's been going on. Now F8 has been thrown into the mix as a surprise, there would be a few additional Pista drop off's from those few preferring the latest iteration. Not the best move financially but people do what people do. Part of that move could be down to unpreparedness to accept the Pista allocation at the given time called, along with the higher depreciation now being realized on the entry ticket cars due to F8. All things are relative. Drop offs do happen but those slots will be past on to those who met some form of criteria set at the time.

of2worlds and 09Scuderia like this.
  12. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    There is truth to what he's saying. I mean personally I would pick the Pista over the F8 Tributo any day of the week. From my experience of brokering cars, a German dealer was ready to give an allocation as long as my client was a German citizen which he wasn't. Here in the Middle East though it's a completely different story. Here's what I would recommend, the best and easiest way to build a proper Ferrari collection is in Oman ( That is if you're based in the Middle East ). Otherwise there are tons of units offered by private dealers with varying specs and in different price points, it's almost like shopping at a grocery store. You can just about anything if you know where to look.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and boobernackle like this.
  13. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    I know right! Russians are badass when it comes to tastefully speccing cars. In fact even the used cars available at Ferrari Moscow is better than most specs I've come across.

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    There is truth to what he's saying. I mean personally I would pick the Pista over the F8 Tributo any day of the week. From my experience of brokering cars, a German dealer was ready to give an allocation as long as my client was a German citizen which he wasn't. Here in the Middle East though it's a completely different story. Here's what I would recommend, the best and easiest way to build a proper Ferrari collection is in Oman ( That is if you're based in the Middle East ). Otherwise there are tons of units offered by private dealers with varying specs and in different price points, it's almost like shopping at a grocery store. You can just about anything if you know where to look.

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I would agree the lusso isnt going to win any design awards but F8 definitely isn't ugly.

17. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    There are plenty of Panameras around, and I too am a fan. No requirement needed. We are all truly addicts of cars no doubt. The fact we are arguing about cars!

18. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    How much will you lose on the 488 Spider you had to buy (as I recall) in order to get the allocation?

19. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    UK

of2worlds likes this.
  20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    There's an obvious way to make that sure - just never sell it.
    People selling one in a bad timing for whatever reason may not be so sure, though.
    People selling Speciale today may lose (very minimal) money of what they paid, but the Pista has been initially priced far more optimistically by Ferrari, which may make its case more difficult.

boobernackle likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok - if u said u were in the US i wld have called BS. no idea out uk/eu

of2worlds likes this.
  22. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

And that’s how lol....MY KIDS MIGHT LOSE THEIR ASS THOUGH ...

boobernackle, SoCal to az and C50 like this.
  23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Already have a standing order to buy it in 7 months at 330 MSRP from a guy in the next hangar who wants a new one. I have agreed not to drive it. More than 1000 miles.

of2worlds likes this.
  24. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Why would he want to pay MSRP when he can get one today for well under w/ 1K miles.

Anyways I hear you and definitely keeps you whole.

Surprised after your buying history at Boardwalk they would make you buy a 488.

Either way, the Pista is the prize indeed.

dustman likes this.
  25. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Point to me where you can get a new 2019 488 Spyder specced exactly like you want for MSRP without waiting?

MSRP was 331K by the way. Cheapest one on DuPont is 345K .... and they weren’t specced with diamond stitch seats which is what he liked.