FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    LOL, but you mean ****ing Leclerc's chance of winning.

ATBNM3 and Bas like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Unless Ferrari brings an enormous package to Canada and sorts out it's issues (won't happen), our season is over. So just take the wins when we can for whichever driver....

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Are Enormous packages all you think about?

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    they need a complete overhaul of suspension and preferably aero.

jgonzalesm6, Oengus and crinoid like this.
  5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Overhaul Binotto’s ass back to his previous role.

ricksb and Bas like this.
  6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Depressing when we're so happy that Vettel *didn't* screw up. ;)
    Didn't do much all race, as Ham was running slow to preserve his tires, and Seb was basically handed 2nd by Max's unsafe release.
    But I was waiting for Vettel to put himself into a barrier.
    I guess Ham holding up the pace let Seb keep it between the lines. ;)

Leclerc *said* he was going to take risks.
    It looks like there was a barrier extension on that turn that ripped his tire.
    But a rookie move to trash your floor trying to speed back to the pits with a flat.
    (Of course, Charles pretty much is a rookie. Another hard lesson learned.)

ingegnere and Bas like this.
  7. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Typical answer by Binotto: "We don't know yet. We'll get all data and we'll try to resolve that" :D

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    ...and Nothings wronga witha tha Teama!

kandi likes this.
  9. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    We Ferraristi really dont have a problem with Merc. Heck I drive a Merc daily! Lol
    Our problem is creating the illusion and fantasy that the Balerina is the best driver ever and his successes are due to his own magnificent skills, which are NOT! Put him on a different car and he would be back there with the rest
    Put an average driver in the Silver Arrow and he would be Multi Champion as well

Bas, furoni, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Even Charles' Hublot didn't surive the weekend! It fell off during an interview....he's cursed at Monaco!

ATBNM3 and zygomatic like this.
  11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Vettel splitting the Mercs is exactly what Lewis needed to pull ahead of his teammate and make the argument to MB that they need to get behind his bid for a sixth championship, vs promoting letting the drivers race. Lewis is probably more pleased with Vettel than most here on Fchat

JStone414 and william like this.
  12. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Hey....
    You need to stretch that "m" for much longer!
    Teammm....mmma

kandi and crinoid like this.
  13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Sorry of my post came across as critical of yours. It was more a sense of frustration with the team in that if they put the racier Leclerc up front maybe he would have provoked a different result.

14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That's a good analysis, but I'm still happy Vettel didn't let them have another 1-2.

ingegnere and Mark(study) like this.
  15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    They've got 2 whole weeks, LOL

sampelligrino likes this.
  16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Fantastic (the word is not too strong) result for Lewis Hamilton who defended his lead against the attacks from Verstappen with the virtuosity he is known for. One of his best races, made even more difficult by a tactical error from his pits that shod him with medium tyres instead of hard tyres. An unusual mistake from Mercedes who is the best team in the pit lane. Hamilton thanksfully survived a banzai assault from Verstappen that could have ruined his exemplary race.

That win puts in persepective the weird comment made recently on this forum, that even Stroll could win in a Mercedes. Really? I doubt that very much. There is no better than Lewis Hamilton to control a race from the lead with an ailing car, or shot tyres. He is the master of that art.

What can we say about Max Verstappen who made successive contacts with the 2 Mercedes? He was really the vilain of the race. In the pit lane, he collided with the innocent Bottas, ruining his race and causing him to pit once more, to steal his 2nd place. The stewards were far too lenient.
    Commentating on a French TV channel, Vergne recalled that he was penalised with a "drive-through"penalty in Monaco in the past, for a similar offense. Later, Verstappen hit the leading car, potentially eliminating it from the race, knowing fully well that he wasn't in fact racing it, having a 5 secs penalty to serve. Here again, the stewards should have "black-flagged "him. The morale of the story is that with his disgraceful tactics, Verstappen thought he gained the 2nd place, to be finally declared 4th in the end, one spot behind his regular finish position (ahead of Vettel).Serves him right!

Poor Bottas was robbed of an assured 2nd place, through no fault of his own, thus depriving Mercedes of its deserved 1-2.

Vettel was lucky to finish 2nd, through no merit of his own.Thanks God Ferrari tactics didn't come in to play, to ruin his race.
    Leclerc? I see the first bout of rebellion in his attitude. Betrayed by his team in qualifs, Leclerc threw caution to the wind, managed a couple of overtkings without incident, and then made contact to damage enough his car and have a genuine excuse to park it. His heart wasn't in it, and Ferrari should stop messing up with this young man.

But Lewis Hamilton was really the sensation of this epic race, and the Man of the Day. Well done Lewis !!!

Surfah, Nuvolari, cairns and 2 others like this.
  17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    LOL!

You on the other hand, ROFL!:

stavura and crinoid like this.
  18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Comedy on this forum is about all I can look forward to this season.

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #469 ingegnere, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    With the post above by Crinoid, I think today we bury Verstappen's Mad Max super-hero persona, able to overtake (or smash into) any opponent in a single bound. He made only one attempt to pass his injured prey and came off second (actually fourth) best.

Leclerc on the other hand showed that you can take him at his word - he said he'd go for it and he did. So what if he gave up what would be a 10th (where GRO finished) place. Who needs a tenth place. Now the crew have to repair the tangible damage from their stupid decision of yesterday.

Picchu88, crinoid, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  20. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    Monaco is such a boring and horrible circuit.

To say that Hamilton drove brilliantly and defended an overtake from Max is hilarious. All you have to do is drive down the middle of the road and you’ll win the race.

Just like Ricciardo did last year. Way down on power, where on any other circuit he would’ve been passed, he won the race.

Today Ricciardo seemed to be holding up the field behind him at one point. He slows down and there’s a train. Nobody is able to pass.

I’m sorry, but this circuit is no good. When there is virtually no overtaking and drivers can win the race with a hurt car, that’s boring as hell.

When you have to hope for rain or a crash to gain a position, that’s boring as hell.

I think people get caught up in the fact it’s “Monaco”. Big deal ... for today’s cars, the circuit is crap!

stavura, jgonzalesm6, Bas and 3 others like this.
  21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Lol.... how can one put this on ignore and miss all the comedy??? Fantastic, epic, sensational to keep a car behind on a track one can not overtake... Lewis really is the master

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

kes7u, Picchu88, stavura and 5 others like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think Charles did it deliberately to shorten what was going to be a long agony.
    Maybe he also wanted to give his team something to think about.
    In any case, I approved.

sampelligrino, ATBNM3 and ingegnere like this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Very true. I thought that when Bottas was delayed after his "contretemps" with Verstappen.
    I thought that Lewis would be rubbing his hands at the news; now a significant gap has been created.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Maybe not deliberately but for sure he didn't give a **** what happened because at best he'd have been 10th or something.

The team should be ashamed of putting him in a position to get the crappiest result of the year in his home race and I hope they have to work all night fixing and making new parts for the car and that it costs them a ****load of money. They should take it out of Clear's salary.

sampelligrino and william like this.
  25. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Martin Brundle offered a great summary: “win it or bin it”

We all know which was more likely.

furoni, stavura, jgonzalesm6 and 4 others like this.