NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 89 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Weight of what? o_O

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    A little bit of exageration, a Bentley continental weighs 2400 kgs in real life ..

F2003-GA likes this.
  3. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
  4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    My worst fears personally but I am new to the brand and have faith in the magicians in Maranello, until proven otherwise lol. Ain’t over till the fat lady sings, maybe on May 31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jumpinjohn likes this.
  5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Probably not over on the 31st either, except for the appearance. The tech by Ferrari’s own admission (and by the marketing speak - “dare to dream”) suggests this will be a car that pushes the ICE/electric envelope but will inevitably be a solution to the various compromises that brings. It won’t be until the press and then customers drive the car that we’ll really know what the car truly is.

sampelligrino likes this.
  6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    That conclusion is way too early let's wait for reveal

cesman likes this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    For some the 'fat lady' has already sung...

F140C likes this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I guess they might as well go home :p

Juvendude, stavura and F140C like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ya go home and drive some noise...:D

F2003-GA likes this.
  10. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Precisely how fat will this lady be and will her pipes be sullied by turbo-whine, a GPF-muzzle and EV-autotune?

Earlier there was speculation of 1000 kg which generated discussion. Now we have a vote for 2000 kg which will drive some to Chicken Little degrees of “the sky is falling Ferrari is dead long live Ferrari” pearl-clutching consternation.

We have reached 2000 posts based on whispered hints and camouflaged mules. I think there will be another 2000 after the reveal before there’s any real concrete experience beyond the presentation.

I for one am vastly entertained but ultimately I’ll reserve judgment for a later date.
    And for sure the real car is going to be more entertaining than this interminable thread

sampelligrino likes this.
  11. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Sad but accurate.

12. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Yeah, but this thread is keeping us going in the mean time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C50 likes this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Is there a doubt though that it will be amazing to drive?

14. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Absolutely no doubt about that.

15. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    My fear is we get something as visually challenging as the Senna and 720S. My fear is Ferrari are simply following McLaren rather than leading...who knows this might be Ferrari's of that whale of a car otherwise known as the Speedtail.

babgh likes this.
  16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    That depends if one can actually use the performance on offer...I am sure it will be fearsomely fast but it needs to be entertaining at slow speed too.

17. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    While the F8 was a huge swing and miss for me personally (YMMV), if Ferrari is drawing inspiration from the 330 P4 + looks like a spaceship (from remarks from in the know members), this car should be hard to mess up visually/better be stunning!

Ferrari has a good opportunity to show the world why it is the best carmaker in the world and reset the benchmark with this car in the new era/territory of regular production hybrid supercars, both in design and performance. Hoping yet again they can prove this true! Forza Ferrari

18. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    This new car looks better with its puffy camo than the Senna ever can. The proportions look right, the windshield looks good - it just needs to avoid tacky details to be a stunner. While some of the production cars have not been perfect, the latest one-offs and LEs look amazing.

Biggest concern for me is weight creep.

F2003-GA, subirg, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Have you done any sketching based off latest camo shots ??

F140C likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    When creating something unique, Mr Manzoni sounds very convincing >

"But then, when we talk about Ferrari, we always consider three fundamental components - technological innovation, the pleasure of driving and beauty. So, the aspect of innovation is fundamental to Ferrari design.”

Caeruleus11, ingegnere and F140C like this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I agree, but unlike some journos, I find Ferraris entertaining at all speeds. The razor-sharp responses of the powertrain and chassis, their alacrity and sound, makes them good fun even at 30 mph.

F140C likes this.
  22. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I wouldn't be worried about that, at all. Design, from what I can fathom, looks conservative enough to be quite far away from Senna or Speedtail's territory, which could potentially be disappointing for some, given the initial claim of a "spaceship" design (obviously very subjective and open to different interpretations).

For Manzoni, technical innovations are challenging and exciting at the same time. "We'll see a different shape, but it will be outstanding", those were his words about the BB. In all honesty, I don't expect it to be incredibly different from what we've already seen in the past, but I hope to be surprised in a positive way! Fingers crossed.

23. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Best? Based on what, wishful thinking?

I genuinely hope Ferrari bring their A game with this new model, as they are currently trailing behind. F8 is a stopgap, not out, and yet still failing to play catch-up to the competition.

Ferrari needs to jump into the lead in the supercar sector, like they once were.

24. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I am having pizza, panini and Peroni with the fat lady Thursday - she can’t sing and her form follows function ... however I’m certain her wet weight with fluids will allow her to outperform expectations on opening night ..... no performance anxiety there ..

F2003-GA, carlom001, stavura and 4 others like this.
  25. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    LOL..... so she is overweight, not pretty, but a bit of a go-er with plenty of oomph :)

of2worlds likes this.