Numbers of 575 HGTC | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Numbers of 575 HGTC

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by richard goode, Mar 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mikkel- The 575 HGTC was not introduced until Spring 2004 with production starting later. Your 2002/2003 575M is way too early to be a factory version. Ferrari did, however, produce kits for upgrading earlier 575Ms to HGTC configuration. I do not know how many of those kits sold. The kits varied in content with the one common factor being the 398/360 mm CCM brakes and 19" modular wheels. Many of the kits did not include the exhaust, shock absorbers, ECUs and TCUs, or front underbody panel. I think I have 4 upgrades listed, one installed at the factory, but there were many more. Total HGTC production was likely around 100-200.

2. Mikkel Sandvik

May 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mikkel sandvik
    Thanks Taz, for this info. I have the sport exhaust and ceramic brakes, do you know how I can check if the other modifications were also done to my car?

3. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #53 tazandjan, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    You can look at the part numbers on various parts to see if they match. Also check the front suspension, which had special fittings on the upper A arm to attach brake cooling hoses for the CCM brakes. Those hoses attached to a new front underbody with NACA ducts for the hoses. There are paper/plastic tags on the springs with part numbers to see if they are the HGTC springs. You can also measure the rear anti-roll bar diameter. Should be 20 mm (19.5 mm + paint). Standard will measure 17.5 mm.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  4. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Mikkel, here are a couple pics to help identify some of the items Taz mentioned.
    The HGTC front underbody panel. The extra set of NACA ducts at the rear (top of pic) of the underbody direct air to the rear of the front brakes.
    The molded rubber hose (pictured) clamps to the underbody (re. the additional NACA duct) at the bottom and are zip tied to a hard plastic duct that's attached to each front upper A-arm on the rear side .
    The HGTC upper A-arms (pictured) had an extra set of tabs welded on to them for the mounting of the top hard plastic duct. Mounting with two nuts.
    Lastly I included a comparison pic that shows a HGTC silencer next to the standard Maranello Silencer.
    Bill
    FL

Attached Files:

5. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    #139317. Delivered new thru Ferrari Basel (CH). Argento Nurburgring - Charcoal. All options including racing seats, rollbar and complete carbon options for the interior. 23.800 km from new. Now in Germany :)

6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Mikkel! Congrats on your new ride. The 575 HGTC is the ultimate Maranello... Which (in any form) is the best car. I am Erik also from Oslo and I have a blue/cream 550. Now rolling in south of France and Monaco as I live there. Will follow you on here. Post a few pictures of the car!
    Godt nytt år!! :)

7. 575hgtclux

575hgtclux Rookie

Oct 27, 2020
    #138669, HGTC as well. Car initially delivered in Zurich, Switzerland, now in Luxembourg. Giallo Modena, black interior, Racing seats

With regards to the total number of HGTCs produced (and not upgraded), the production started mid 2004. The total production number for the 575m is 2'056, which ended end of 2005. 4 years of production = approx 500 cars a year + the 599 Superamericas produced between mid 2004 and 2005. Word from the factory was that 30% of the orders after 2004 were made on HGTCs. Approx calculation would bring the total number of HGTCs produced between 100-200 cars

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    See post #51.

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    For information, it was really possible to get parts of the HGTC package completely "à la carte".
    I had only the suspension modifications (springs, shock absorbers, ECU, rear antiroll-bar) installed on my car since I already had a (tailor made) aftermarket exhaust and opted for Brembo steel upgraded brakes (larger grooved discs, with 6-pot callipers in front).

10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Was is the operative word there, since most of those parts are NLA, very expensive, and very difficult to find. If you swap out the shock absorbers to HGTC shocks, you also need a completely new set of mounts since new and old style mounts and shocks are not compatible. Does not apply to very late 575Ms, which already have a half set of HGTC shocks. The HGTC shock absorber ECU is only compatible with post AN 52556 575Ms, or you end up with a permanent suspension lamp.