Hamilton"F1 cars are not hard enough to drive" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hamilton"F1 cars are not hard enough to drive"

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, May 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Perhaps Lewis would find Nascar more challenging. Put him in a Penske or Gibbs team car at Road America.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    He'd probably do it after he's done with F1.

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Let’s hope someone offers him a load of money and he ****s off now. Sky wouldn’t know what to say at every race then, it would be lovely and quiet too with the ****ty little pipsqueak engines we have now

4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    It's looking more likely Hamilton is coming to Ferrari in 2021. Toto leaves Merc to become the FIA CEO Hamilton goes the Fezza and brings home the WDC.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not a fan of his but no point to hate at some point one must admit the guy is good. I hated Schumacher but same thing he was good... each generation has its hero and we can compare all
    We want in the end we can only guess who the goat is;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The greatest of all time was Michael Schumacher. End of discussion

stavura and Bas like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    absolutely.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

And that is why forums get us to narrow minded discussion. Ayrton Senna and Jim Clark were greater in my opinion. As a former D1 athlete I never liked Schumacher and his cheating antics. I recognize and appreciate his talents that being said and I do consider him a great talent but his lack of character ; his failed comeback are minuses for me. He had An amazing career but no senna to me... Same way with Hamilton u don’t win 5 soon 6 championships out of luck. He annoys me but u got to respect him because he has talent and most likely none of us ever met him. I would rank him below Schumacher as well .I am open to
    Discussion and opinions of course.
    The end of discussion statement are how argument start so I’m not going there. U got to respect newer generations and drivers.
    Like I said I played d1 basketball and to me it’s mind boggling for anyone to think MJ isn’t the greatest basketball player and athlete ever and even though I’m pretty sure he is I respect and listen to the younger generation even though it doesn’t change my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATBNM3 likes this.
  9. Mr Pete

Mr Pete Rookie

May 25, 2019
    I don’t know. Fangio was a pretty darn good driver. Terrifying as all hell to be driving the cars they did back then.

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Michael totally changed the sport, made driving truly professional. His fitness regime, his drive, determination, totally outclassed every racer that came before him, and I’m a Senna fan! Michael had a hand in every aspect, he made sure to understand the engineering that went into the cars and wasn’t afraid of testing g for days on end to gain a single tenth, even when the car was already half a second ahead of its rivals. He also was sure to address the human side of the team, he used to know all the engineers names, all their families, he would buy birthday cards and gifts for everyone, he went for pizza in maranello on an evening. The outward media face we saw at GP weekends was NOT the Michael the team knew, that was his game face, the imperious gladiator, and tifosi love him for it. I met him several times and he was nothing but a true gentleman, a gracious sportsman, and an extremely thoughtful and respectful human being.

Michaels comeback was NEVER ever marketed nor commented as an assault on rejuvenating his first career, it was always discussed and commentated on as a favour to Ross Brawn, and a small repayment to Mercedes for their financial input in his early, pre-f1 career, that was primarily to develop the new Mercedes cars in readiness for the new regulations that were coming. Even total Schumi fans like me were rarely allowing ourselves to even contemplate that the Mercedes would reach anything more than midfield results when running the V8s, bar a few shocks, as it was never ever discussed that Mercedes we’re even aiming for big results at the time, it was entirely future planning. When Michael retired, he did so having completed the program he and Ross had planned, and with his head held high.

Much as if Michael Jordan (I’m in the UK, to me, he’s a name on training shoes, so forgive me for picking to give him as an example) came back for a season, a few after he hung his sneakers up, to help an ailing team, would you expect him to suddenly be jumping ten feet in the air, scoring ten three pointers per quarter, and dancing around the opposition now?, of course not, you’d expect the input to be more technical, helping a team to organise, strengthening where his experience and guile could have an effect on the players around him. Would you really expect championships and dramatic wins week in week out after he had passed his peak performance, and having spent enough time away that he had slowed a little with age and the fitness was at 90% of where it was? Doubt it, that’s why they rarely come back.

While the older generations were very good, excellent some of them, they were very talented but not on the same total immersion that went with Michael. The cars themselves were of course dangerous, and they dealt with a different level of fear driving them, but I haven’t seen much racing for the 50’s thru late 70’s, those times, so I have to say I can’t really judge them against my GOAT as it wouldn’t be fair on them, suffice to say I can’t see how they could be anywhere near close to Michael.

As for Elton, I have met him, and he is the tool that he comes across as on the GP coverage...... arrogant, diva, thick as two short planks, slippery as a handful of Vaseline, ignorant of his team when things go wrong. His stats are due to the car he is driving, and just as bottles isn’t the greatest driver in f1 today, neither is he. As he is the favoured number one it’s obvious he will be preferred within the team for results and we’ve seen plenty of times all of his teammates are ultimately subservient, thereby granting him titles and wins regardless. Of course, nothing wrong with that, Red Bull always pick a favorite and back them (Vettel over Webber, Maxine over Ricci etc), and Ferrari have a firm number one, so the fact they do it is not an issue, I’d do exactly the same if I ran a team. He gets paid the most, has an edge in marketing for various reasons including his social media following among the ‘celebrity‘ crowd which might sell some extra Mercedes. As a driver though, we’ve done this to death on this forum, he is one of the better drivers in f1 at the moment, but he isn’t even the best out there today, just one of them, and given his car and position within the team, the likes of Maxine, Vettel, Ricciardo, definately a returning Alonso, even LeClerc probably, would garner the same results in the team which functions like a robot and has the organisation as well as the car that guarantees the results (and of course enjoys a great deal of protection within the rules they negotiated with the FIA).

Bas and G. Pepper like this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't care what people say, Senna and Schumacher were not great in my eyes, because of their track attitude and disrespect of other competitors.
    They were talented and very successful, but didn't have one once of fairplay in their body.
    But that's my opinion.
    Compare that to Jim Clark against whom nobody had a bad word to say. Or Dan Gurney, or Graham Hill: real sportmen.
    What about Stirling Moss who pleaded for his rival Hawthorn to be reinstated after disqualification, handing him the WDC on a plate!!
    I really miss the 60d, when drivers were gentlemen and respected each others.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.