Pista for sale...$577,000 | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m not expecting it to but if it does- bonus and good by me.

dmark1 likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not so sure about that- Ferrari has done a special edition after many of their latest v8s. 488, 458, 430, 360. I think if they did a special edition, it would be expected. But like I said, it would be a nice bonus for Pista owners if they didn’t.

boobernackle likes this.
  3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    You are of course correct
    Perhaps I’m thinking unreasonably
    The F8 was released after of the Pista and, if I recollect correctly, this was an unexpected stop-gap model.
    It would not be surprising if they did a special version of the F8 but it may also smell a little bit too much like a cash grab.

dmark1 likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes. Agree with you. No one was expecting the
    F8. Normal course of action for Ferrari would have been to release the 488 replacement. But from what I heard the replacement was not ready.

Who knows how long they had the F8 planned but it was certainly a surprise when they released it.

5. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Let's not do that. no subtle insinuations. Don't bring me into any agendas, please.
    I would not get an Mc.

My move is always more Ferraris. f40 and others...

dmark1 and Shadowfax like this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Challenge Stradale?

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #382 Shadowfax, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Unloading a Pista for a 720 would be the fastest way to drop a ton of money in living memory.:)

It'd be like jumping off the Cunard onto a leaky life raft.

Ash Patel and dmark1 like this.
  8. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    By who, your dealer? Dealers only know what the manufacturer tells them and sends via press/marketing materials. Since the F8 special series hasn't been announced, they don't know anything yet.

Given past history, there likely will be a special F8 version, since it will be the last non-electric vehicle and the fact you're saying it'll have a 4 year run.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I was assured that as well - although I was also assured when I ordered my 488 that it had a 5 year life cycle without any surprises like F8, and we all saw what happened there... So it's now a case where what is told/assured can change once your money is in the till.

sampelligrino likes this.
  10. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    How was the F8 unexpected? Ferr9000 gave us much of the info, even down to the press reveal colors, "get your blue lens filter ready" and the red. The 488 needed a power boost since it was getting surpassed by its immediate competition, Ferrari had to respond or continue to lose market.

Doug23 likes this.
  11. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Cause dealers simply don't know, they will just tell you something to get you to make the deal, it's as simple as that. Us dealers only get invited to reveals very late in the process and then pics get leaked within 24 hours, that's why.

Doug23 likes this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #387 Shadowfax, May 27, 2019
    They should know enough when they give out assurances but in this instance Ferrari changed the game and the dealer was left red faced. I think that from here on, unless you have it in writing on a Ferrari letterhead then anything is on the cards. I personally doubt there will be an F8 Pista as in a way there doesn't need to be as F8 already has Pista's drive train along with a raft of further updates. So it now becomes a case of how much more salt can Ferrari rub into the wound....and I think they are out of salt.

dmark1 likes this.
  13. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    As Ferrari is now concentrating on V6 and V8 hybrid system, it doesn't make sense trying to get out more HP of the F8 engine (which is the pista engine) for a additional special version. My opinion - pista will be the last one...
    Sent from my HTC U11 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I would agree it is most unlikely there will be an F8 Pista for your reasons mentioned amongst others. Pista is it and F8 is for those who missed out....still a great consolation prize IMO!

15. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    No dealer will have any assurance for an event that's 3-4 years out, none.

Doug23 likes this.
  16. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    It's a turbo engine, easiest thing in the world to add an additional 30-60 HP with additional cooling.

Modders do the former, but not the latter, which is why you get all these "1000 HP" drag cars losing races.

17. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Heard the exact same. Also no more v8 special editions

18. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Why is that odd?

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Because BB was to be offered to 812 customers first - probably to make them feel "special" in being able to get one before they opened the floodgates to anyone else with the money. The price will scare many away so maybe the dealer is getting in early to snare anyone they feel is up to the challenge.

09Scuderia likes this.
  20. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

This is the most logical post of the thread.

21. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    As far as the F8 special series I was also told the same as was a buddy of mine from a different dealer. Given time I’m sure they can always change their mind but for now seems to be a consistent message.

Didn’t hear about any future v8 special series cars and will ask.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I got bypassed for a Pista and didn't expect to be offered the next to be in demand car but as some have pointed out this higher price point may turn many away so they need more buyers.

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I believe they have enough information to properly inform customers and to do their jobs but no more info than this.

24. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    #399 boobernackle, May 27, 2019
    How much did your dealer tell you about the F8, other than “it’s coming”? Likely nothing. Did they show you any photos before the public reveal date? I rest my case.

The higher price point of BB will have a smaller buying pool cause of price, but above all flippers won’t bother other than the initial batch of deliveries.

25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Unexpected in that back in 2015/2016 when the 488 first came out, history from Ferrari would dictate that the 488 would have its normal 5 year run as the 458 replacement on the same chassis and then a whole new model would come out.

Same as 348/355
    Same as 360/430

When the F8 was announced and previewed by members on this forum, it was a surprise cause no one was expecting Ferrari to milk the same platform on the 458/488 for a 3rd variation in the F8.

Now whether the F8 is a 2 year run or 4 year run- we don’t know for sure.
    Whether there is an F8 special version- we also don’t know.

boobernackle and Thecadster like this.