FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 23 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I didnt hear that about Max on the broadcast. Max's tires definitely looked better than Hambone's and the Red Bull looked sharper on the hairpin and chicanes when Hambone was fighting the understeer caused by his roasted front tires. It's conceivable that Max would have passed on a different track but whether that would have mattered with the 5 second penalty is up for debate.

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s the unfortunate fact of Monaco, so yes, many times, the race was decided by track position. Remember, all the Elton fans were enraged and tried to blame the team a few years ago when Elton (once again, the consummate professional on the radio.... NOT) demanded to come in from first place to get new tyres, and promptly lost the race as a direct consequence. That’s just Monaco, and as long as you can stay tight enough to the racing line in front, you can’t be passed by others, regardless how slow you drive the corners, especially when in a straight line you have the Mercedes power under you

fil, ktu, stavura and 3 others like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not really. These cars are so wide now it's a matter of placing the car and that's it. You can get away with a ton of understeer in Monaco. Drive as slow as you want to. All he needed was to rocket out of the slow corners and he had the grip for that.

My point made. Lewis telling porkies is ok because he wears his heart on his sleeve, lol.

+1000

fil, ingegnere and daytona355 like this.
  4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    None!

Did they have #2 driver in their contract? I don't know. But it wouldn't have mattered: Schumacher had that much of an edge over anyone back then, it didn't matter who they hired. Barrichello was hardly a slow driver. Herbert was a sensation. Jos Verstappen was touted as the next best thing.

Take it from Irvine...it didn't need to be in writing (he explicitly denies he was #2). He just looked at the data and said ''that's impossible, I can't do that''.

SimCity3, ingegnere and daytona355 like this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I was so pissed i forgot about the race! So i saw some hihlight later on...and i'm glad, because the moves from charles were worth the whole race, i have lost all faith in Ferrari but my liking for Charles is increasing by the race.
    As Peter Winsor said, he's moves reminded me of Gilles (of course Gilles wouldn't crash overtaking at Monaco ) but that's ok, i know he's not him, but just the simple fact that he kinda reminded me of him makes it fabulous!
    Apart from laudfa in 78 and perhaps nigel in 1990 i can't remenber someone pulling so many great moves...even the one that blew his tire was great, it was already done...just bad luck. I knew and i already started to hear people complaining he crashed, he should heve taken it easy, BS, he did exacly what he should have done. His race was finished on saturday becaus eof Ferrari strupidity, he had to go balls out, put on a show and hope for the best..he did his part, he knew it would probably end in tears, but i'd rather see his 10 laps than the whole race for Vettel. Once again, I don't even care anymore if Seb wins a race, **** him, from now on i will only root for Charles, i can undersdtand Ferrari favouring Seb over Kimi , after all he was faster (but could never underdstand the necessity to undermine Kimi's race) but this is far worse, because Charles is clearly faster and better than seb. And i know that soon some dude that doesn't know **** will say, oh, Seb hads a lot more points...Bs, Ferrari is teh sole responsible for that, not the driver, yesterday we had a real chance of winning therace, but not with the german horse. I heard Ferrari as started to fire people, 2 are already gone, but the biggest culprits are still thete, Jock clear and his gand must go, last year was already late!. Binotto is a competent person, but he shouldn't be ahead of the team. Zack brown may not be the smartest tool in the shed, but getting Seidl from porsche and james key was a great move, i wish Ferrari would have thought about it.

fil, ingegnere, kandi and 5 others like this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    This +1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111506

fil, Jeronimo GTO, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s funny you think that, they air plenty of radio on sky, from lots of drivers, in every race. I think it seems more from Elton because he is always so whiny and emotional in his (just like Vettel in the one you noted above). Unfortunately you just have to put up with the fact that if he is going to **** himself during the race over things, tv will likely broadcast it and he will look like a fool. He should be used to it by now I missed the latest round of ‘everyone hates me, I’m so upset, boo boo tyres’ but frankly am not surprised. I imagine the team was doing their usual job of telling him he was overreacting and to get on with it?

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

ingegnere and Bas like this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Preach!

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Robbed??? You have a very selective memory... Lewis asked for new tires because he was convinced everybody would change tires and Mercedes was confused not knowing what to do... so they listened to their "top driver" and actually changed tires when soon it became clear that this was the wrong decision.
    And you make it sound that they forced him to change the tires against his will and that he had no saying in that matter... hilarious..."Robbed", yeah sure

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Funny, i remenber when he was gifted a victory in 2008!!!

12. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Thanks for posting this. What a difference in pit stops compared to today! It's as if these mechanics had never seen a racecar before when figuring out how to change a wheel. Changing the nose section on Clay's Ferrari? Let me see if I have the spare part somewhere, I'll be back in ten minutes...The drivers didn't seem to care either.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Davidson said the engineer told him to not get too close to the car in front and to lift and coast as the car was overheating.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    True...same goes for Max though.

I checked lap time data and the largest gap post SC between Max and Lewis was on the 2nd to last lap 1.3 seconds after the overtake attempt! his gap was under 0.7 most of the time...incredible.

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Multiple choice

What part of the car was overheating??
    1) engine
    2) brakes
    3) tires
    4) 2 & 3
    5) all of the above

daytona355 likes this.
  16. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    It wasn't mentioned mate, but i'd probably say engine and brakes. His tires did look in pretty decent shape.

daytona355 likes this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Engine ;)

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    6) Brain;)

daytona355 likes this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lol...:D

20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [Motorsport] Max in wrong torque mode most of the race after the pit lane incident with Bottas.

G. Pepper and 375+ like this.
  21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    As I wrote on yesterday, Ferrari's inaction on the strategy team despite continuous and obvious f-ups is paralleled by their inaction on Vettel and his constant f-ups - it's mind boggling.

The fact they wanted to back Vettel over Leclerc for the first part of the season kind of made sense but from the first race or was obvious that they should back Leclerc and they didn't.

Now that the season is effectively over for them I would hope they have the sense to let them race and watch Leclerc go.

The litany of crashes and incidents from Vettel is ridiculous. He clouted the barriers I don't know how many times this weekend. I understand the car was maybe not performing or whatever but what are the guys at the back of the grid supposed to say? Did you see all of them smashing the barriers?

Meantime Leclerc went fastest in FP3 and by a good margin over Vettel. Would have been interesting to see how much more he could have done in Q and the race. For sure he'd have been racier than Vettel.

Also like I noted before, the team and one driver are conspiring to make a not-bad car look worse than it is.

24. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I think that was about 10 laps to go. Ham was given the same thing.

daytona355, fil and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    There are modes within modes. So if this mode Max was in, you can still demand more power from other parts of the engine. Max talked about lag, so I presume the setting meant the electronic turbo spool would be slower as a way to conserve fuel.

Other settings can be set higher to gain some power back but for optimum power all of them have to be in the right position.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.