High school freshman party | FerrariChat

High school freshman party

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by schwoo, Dec 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    My son is a high school freshman, his semester ends next week. He wants to have a party for his class at our home.

We live in Florida, we’re going to heat the pool, have food and we hired the D J from the Hard Rock Orlando.

Any additional party ideas? Any advice from others who have “been there, done that”

Photo booth? Games with prizes?

It was already suggested.... no strippers.

Thanks for any input.

2. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Any idea?

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Post it in Silver.

I have no kids so no idea.

4. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    He wants a party because he's finishing a semester of his freshman year of high school?

What do you think his expectations are going to be when he graduates in four years? Terrible idea.

IloveGT likes this.
  5. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Don't do it?

Seriously, if you're set on some large party, book a venue and let them plan it all out, provide security, etc. This isn't liability you want, or at least I wouldnt.

6. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    If you do host at your house, talk with your insurance agent, and invest in an umbrella policy to $2mil

Lock up every bedroom. Pool? So underage girls wearing tiny bikinis? Need i say more?

Think of the recent Supreme Court nominee hearings as an example of what could go wrong.

No booze.

Photo booth always fun. Easy games like bean bag toss are good.

Best of luck.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Cornhole is a good idea (bean bag toss you mention).

As far as the "I like beer" reference, as long as he doesn't invite anyone named PJ and Squee he should be okay. ;)

bergxu likes this.
  8. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Hire security to pat everyone down.

Second the insurance policy.

Unstock the beer garden.

Remove anything that could be used as a bong.

Party it up :)

PS. I know, super unhelpful lol

9. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Maybe if his team wins the State Finals; he's Valedictorian; Graduates Magna Cum Laude from Harvard; PhD in Rocket or Brain Science; selected for Astronaut training or Rhodes Scholarship. But for one semester of High School?

What could possible go wrong? (see all of the above) Social media goes viral..."Party at Marquette's!"
    At best, not at your home. Otherwise see you in the "Florida? Yep, Florida" thread!

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Wait for all the non invited to Uber themselves in......good luck!

11. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    How did it go?

12. Zollida

Zollida Rookie
    BANNED

May 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Aaliyah Fuller
    In fact, I now also wonder how it went, because I also have some of the worst assumptions.

13. Zollida

Zollida Rookie
    BANNED

May 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Aaliyah Fuller
    I can not begin to compare. My son, at that age, told me to set aside money for https://ukessay.com/law-essay-help and this would be the best investment))) For his dream, he would definitely need a law essay help, and after your post, I began to worry for my child.

14. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I guess my idea is... Do you think this is really a good idea?

15. JamesHensley

JamesHensley Rookie

Apr 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    James B. Hensley
    It’s very cool that parents can make such parties, no matter what program there is. Unfortunately, I didn’t have anything like this, although I would like it to be, and any program would be wonderful

16. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Update. Party was a huge success. Remember these students are in IB super bright, hard working. It renewed my faith in the future, very well behaved. They even helped clean up. Most of the parents stopped by.... doctors, lawyers, judges, businessmen and working parents. Most of these students have parents or a parent that is truly invested. I’ve been very blessed in life..... but I’m most proud of my family, great wife, incredible children. I wish I could take credit, but my wife has done a absolutely incredible job. My son just turned 16. Straight A’s and on track to become class valedictorian. No pressure from me..... I just want my children to be happy . I would have no problem with another party . School has been cancelled for the year... technically my son is now a junior. Life is moving fast. Purchased him a Velar for his 16th birthday. Life is good . I’m blessed and Thankful [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
  18. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Glad you had the party, and that it was a success! Kids are under very different demands today than we were growing up. Kudos to keeping the rewards / celebrations as part of the journey. I think as long as a kid understands the big picture, they should be able to handle themselves by high school or so. Parents that keep their kids under tight wraps until college usually have a less than ideal outcome when the kid goes off on their own. Good luck for the future!

marklivin and schwoo like this.
  19. dawnbailey1974

Apr 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dawn Bailey
    Wow! This is so cool! Great job you guys. I hope one day I will be able to make such gifts to my kids as well.