ULEZ - NOx - 360 | FerrariChat

ULEZ - NOx - 360

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Alchiz, May 22, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alchiz

Alchiz Rookie

Sep 24, 2018
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Northway
    Hi all,

New here so please forgive me for whatever I am about to do wrong!

So I wanted to ask if anyone has a Certificate of Conformity for a Ferrari 360. I am especially interested in the NOx value. I believe you can be exempted from paying the new ULEZ charge if you can prove you emit less than 0.150 g/km of NOx. I am being told it will cost quite a bit of money to get the certificate. I am happy to pay for it, but ideally I would like to know the answer is positive before spending the cash.

A search on the internet is generally inconclusive. So I am hoping someone actually has the figure on a certificate.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Al

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. Alchiz

Alchiz Rookie

Sep 24, 2018
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Northway
    Good morning Greyboxer.

I don’t travel to central especially often. But my squash club is just inside, by about 400 meters) the ULEZ when it expands. I do that once a week.

I think the issue is that for some reason I don’t have NOx values on my V5, I have the same problem with my motorbike.

Oddly the motorbike initially appeared as exempt and then changed at a later date.

I think the certificate is the answer but i want to make sure of the values before I depart with 500 plus vat.

Thanks

Al

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If I can find a 360 that is ULEZ exempt and you believe yours is not why not get a load of 360 number plates off google images put them in the system and send screensaves together with one showing your non-compliance and ask them to correct your listing - voila ?

5. Alchiz

Alchiz Rookie

Sep 24, 2018
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Northway
    It’s a good point. I shall give it a go. However I suspect TFL will want to stick to its rules and demand the certificate. Let’s see.

6. magic

magic Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2004
    London
    I put my registration (360) in and it also shows I have to pay the new charge.

7. Alchiz

Alchiz Rookie

Sep 24, 2018
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Northway
    I have submitted my docs to TFL. Annoyingly they don’t allow for a free form section to explain your case. So I guess there will be a few turns. Interestingly I think it might be my personalised plate that is throwing the system. When I use the original plate it shows as being ULEZ compliant. Magic does yours have a personalised plate?

8. magic

magic Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2004
    London
    Yes it does !
    I too submitted some evidence last week but have heard nothing so far.

9. Alchiz

Alchiz Rookie

Sep 24, 2018
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Northway
    Magic

I got my response. As predicted..... I guess I am back to the CoC. Has anyone got a CoC for a 360 (pre 2002)? It would be great to know the figures it will show before having to purchase it.

Thanks

Al

10. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Mines a 2003 and exempt.

11. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Strange, the CS which is 2004 is apparently subject to ULEZ :(

12. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    That's the London Mayor for you!!!

We must catch up soon.

13. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Yes that would be nice...
    I am trying to see if I can make the Belgravia show this weekend.

14. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Great. We will be there

15. rossyl

rossyl Rookie

Jun 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Hi guys

Did you have any luck getting a Certificate of Conformity?

Thanks

16. Alchiz

Alchiz Rookie

Sep 24, 2018
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Northway
    Not so much. I got a generic CoC for the same year and type from another kind Ferrari Chat user. However TFL insist that the CoC needs to have my reg and Vin number on it, they also claim its not admissible as its written in Italian, although the numbered fields are all the same.... The dealer says we can get this but its going to cost something like 600 excl vat. I have written to the mayor several times asking them to take a pragmatic approach, but they are now just ignoring me. I don't mind spending the money for the CoC, but it seems unreasonable on the part of TFL. I am slammed at work at the moment, but that should subside in the coming weeks, then I will think about what I can do to force the issue. I am really disappointed with TFL.

17. rossyl

rossyl Rookie

Jun 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ross
    #17 rossyl, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Thank for the response and update. Any chance you could send that document to me please? One I've seen I think would result in the 360 NOT being Euro 4 NOx compliant.

What I would suggest doing is getting the document professionally translated, would cost a couple hundred. Then getting a Ferrari dealer to stick a cover letter on it?

18. Alchiz

Alchiz Rookie

Sep 24, 2018
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Northway
    Hi Rossyl, I have PM'd you. let me know if it works, I am a forum novice!

19. rossyl

rossyl Rookie

Jun 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Thanks.

Having looked at Alchiz's CoC my worry is that it states the 360 is non-compliant for Euro 4 NOx.
    CoC states 0.09g/km
    The standard maximum is 0.08 g/km

However, I struggle to believe that CoC could be correct as why are 360's after 2001 compliant.

Please could someone with a 2001 onwards 360 post the NOx values as shown on your V5?

20. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Why not just put the compliant plate on just before the zone finally comes in ? Then send them all the paperwork when you change back to your private plate - their screen will say compliant they note the change and bingo !

21. rossyl

rossyl Rookie

Jun 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Unfortunately I don't think it's just because of private plates, I think it's something to do with what was on, or rather not on, the V5 documents for earlier cars.

I typed the number plate of this 2000 360 into the ULEZ checker. It is not a private plate. https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/360/360-modena/9053365

It is not ULEZ compliant

22. HBanjo

HBanjo Rookie

May 16, 2021
    London
    Full Name:
    Harri Banerjee
    Hi, sorry to bump an old thread but I’m looking into this now myself as I’m moving into Zone 1 - did anyone have success getting a Certificate of Conformity & an exemption for their 360?

23. Alchiz

Alchiz Rookie

Sep 24, 2018
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Northway
    Good morning!

I’m delighted to say yes, I fixed it!

You want to go to the guys at DVLAadvice, buy the coc and then send to it TFL. Worked a charm.

Happy motoring!

Al

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

HBanjo likes this.
  24. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    Hi Alchiz,

How did you get the CoC for a 360 ?

25. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004