Leclerc "Having A Negative Effect" On Ferrari | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Leclerc "Having A Negative Effect" On Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by aaronrgonz, May 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    many here seem to forget, Ferrari hired Chas as a NUMBER TWO to a multiple world champion lead driver, and as they have done since the 50’s, he knew ferrari would favour Vettel over him until he had proven himself. I am as big a fan of Chas as anyone, but so far, he has done well, but the car and the team have let him and Seb down, so we haven’t seen him, bar Bahrain, in competition with a truly competitive Vettel, let alone the Mercedes.

I have no doubt Chas will be a future star, and equally, I am confident he nor his manager will be so stupid as to move from ferrari until he has completed at least a couple of years to prove himself, during which time, if he, as is likely, outperforms Seb and actually gets results, then I expect Seb to retire and Mick Schumacher to join him

2. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Facts only get in the way of their bias and there's no room for that.

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Discuss the cars, drivers, and races. Not other users. Thread bans and warning already issued on thread to other users. 15 day thread ban.

4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    What is this crap?! I hope you're not a historian LOL!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Discuss the cars, drivers, and races. Not other users. Thread bans and warning already issued on thread to other users. 30 day thread ban.

6. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Very glad you were able to discern the sarcasm in the second sentence of my post.

Mark(study) and ATBNM3 like this.
  7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I like LeClerc.

Ferrari put him in a ****ty situation for the race and on top of that, he drove like an amateur...

Would rather have watched mondonaldo today.

Robb

ATBNM3 likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    william likes this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Boomhauer likes this.
  10. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    pretty bold for a rookie if this is true
    maybe Red Bull?

11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    william likes this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Would you? I mean, really? Up against Max.

Either must have supreme confidence that he can match/beat Max on a regular basis or his next drive after that will be at Haas...

daytona355 likes this.
  13. csmjr91090

csmjr91090 Rookie

May 18, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    If, and that's a big if, these reports are true, Leclerc is committing career suicide. He can be upset at Ferrari, but he needs to keep it to himself. This is his first year with the team and he's in no position to be making demands. Leclerc also needs to consider he's made plenty of mistakes on his own, and that's to be expected.

He's being beat by Vettel (whether some of you admit it or not, the data is clear) now 5-1. Destroying his own race and his car was not a good look this weekend. Yes, he was put in a bad spot by the team. But he needed to think of the larger picture and get valuable points for the team. Ferrari is now 118 points down in the WCC.

Too many Tifosi are putting enormous pressure on Leclerc to be the No. 1 driver and capture the WDC in his first season. Let him grow into this team and I have no doubt he'll do great things. Let's hope these reports are just the typical Italian media pot stirring.

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

He may do a Surtees, or go for a change of career?
    Indycar anyone? Or try his luck in another team on the off-chance.
    He may be more pissed-off than we think, and kids are very strong minded these days ...

Or it may be a joke. Mind you, Binotto wouldn't have taken the piss with me when I was 21 !!!

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He has quite a high value now. Ineptitude does not appear to be receding at Ferrari but growing. Why waste years as others have it opportunity exists. Rumor possibly but he would be a nice pairing elsewhere like Red Bull or Mercedes. This is F1 - all can happen lol :)

william likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Could they swap him with Bottas perhaps?

Hard to believe, but I remember the sudden divorce between John Surtees and Ferrari and it was unbelievable at the time.

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't stock is that high just yet. Neither Ferrari is dominating each other and both have made mistakes. If anything Mercedes would be a safer place for him to go rather than Red Bull.

DF1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, some say Gasly is vulnerable, but I don't see it yet.

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'd think they'll throw in Kvyat or Albon rather than buy Leclerc out of his contract.

20. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Charles Leclerc´s soul is a property of Ferrari Spa and its shareholders, he won´t move anytime soon. That´s either a journalist filling an empty space in the sports section or Todt Jr. trying to increase his revenue.

stavura, furoni, daytona355 and 4 others like this.
  21. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    Ferrari isn't exactly looking like a stable organization at the moment. From engineers to strategists, the whole team has been a laughingstock. Leclerc could end up being a very valuable number two at Redbull with Max. Who would Ferrari bring in to replace Charles? Ha! I would suggest that they just allow Leclerc to race freely. Enough of this crap of cuddling Vettel. If he can't handle the competition and pressure, then he shouldn't be a number one at Ferrari.

furoni and william like this.
  22. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My take is that these articles about Leclerc's "tantrum" are little more than clickbait. He was clearly dissatisfied after qualifying and the media is capitalizing on it.

furoni likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I wouldn't be so sure.
    Contracts are meant to be broken, and countain many clauses to that effect, mostly in sports and show business.
    Leclerc could perfectly leave and take a sabatical to consider his next move.

I remember John Surtees, the Ferrari Number One, and WDC storming to Maranello with his lawyer on the eve of Le Mans 1966, following a different with the team manager, and announcing to Enzo Ferrari his departure there and then.
    At the time, it was a bombshell, like if Hamilton dropped everything overnight mid-season without any warning. That would be unthinkable now.
    Surtees was leading the world championship at that time, had the best F1 car and was certain of winning that year WDC, but he was at the end of his tether by the way he was treated by Dragoni.
    A career suicide maybe, although he won more GPs later with Cooper and Honda, Surtees never won a championship after that
    This fracas damaged terribly Ferrari's reputation in racing circles, and Ferrari never won another championship until Lauda.
    Ferrari has sacrificed his best driver, to support an incompetent team manager he had to sack at the end of the season !!

So, I never say never.

24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The only think I agree with is in never say never.

The rest is blahblah. Leclerc has been manufactured by Ferrari and he's now at Ferrari. They won't let him go for free. The only big team with a "potential" empty seat is Red Bull and Mr. Marko is stingy about drivers. And last but not least, to my dismay, he's made at least one mistake per race and has not been consistently faster than "broken toy" Vettel, so his value is not as high as Mr. Todt Jr. may think.