FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 24 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    vettel is not dealing with the pressure well. He wants to perform and bring home wins and titles for Ferrari. Ferrari's environment is far from easy...My opinion, his want to perform has led to the majority of spins and errors over the years from his side.

I don't think Ferrari should favour any driver over the other. As you say, the season is lost. Ferrari should back whichever driver is fastest for the weekend and instead focus on next years car and figure out a way to get these tyres to work (seeing as that's important to next year anyways). Just let them race. Score a win with any driver. Canada, Spa and Monza are our most likely chances for a win this season.

2. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Lol ouch!

3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    daytona355, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

IMO, Vettel is past his best and we will not see many exploits from him now; perhaps a GP or 2.
    He has reached his "plateau" like Kimi did a few years back.
    Seeing the media attention about his young team mate must also be demoralising, compounded with reoccuring inexplicable driving mistakes.
    The Vettel era is over, and Ferrari should think about replacing him for 2020.
    Vettel will leave Ferrari like Amon, Ickx, Mansell, Prost or Alonso did before him, without having fulfilled expectations.

kes7u, daytona355 and ATBNM3 like this.
  5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hebert and Barichello would be considered the Hulkenberg or Perez today, both good drivers but not world champions, Senna beating Prost or Ham beating Alonso is more impressive. Still Schumi was fast and a well deserved champion

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    IMO, both drivers are dealing with a "weak" car and are pressured in performing.....Vettel more so than Leclerc.

Yeah, it's too late to chase Mercedes....they're gone.

Let both drivers at this point in the season race each other with the expectations of Leclerc out qualifying Vettel.

7. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Peter, You're a tifosi and that is great. I have been a fan of F1 since I was a kid and have loved Ferraris since my father took me to the NY auto show in 1966, as an 8 year old. I own 2, so I guess I support them also, as you believe you do with the phrase "skin in the game". I don't think that way and certanly don't feel I am a bigger supporter of them then the guy who has a single hat or no hat.

However, I'm not a sycophant to Ferrari and have liked different teams and drivers over the years. I'm not a fan of LHs personality, as I have stated, but I give him credit for having talent. F1 became about the car; the team which gets the formula right can win multiple championships in a row. MS, SV, LH have all benefitted from being at the best team and being great drivers. A combination which is almost impossible to overcome.

I just do not believe MS was out there batteling with his teammates for championships and I believe he was always given a better car for each race and he was the better driver at Ferrari, it's Ferraris way and he was their guy. Braun didn't bring him on to be anything other than #1 and it was Brauns show. Not saying he was not a great driver.

Completely aside, I wish Micheal and his family all the best in the future whatever it may be. It is a tragic situation.

spotja, lorenzobandini, ktu and 3 others like this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He took the opportunity to expend anger building all weekend, additionally through the season so far with inept Ferrari management LOL :)

9. DF1

Compared to FA who put a lesser Ferrari in a position to win, Vettel is one who took a good car and lost. Major difference in both capability and attitude and inability to handle pressure vs a driver like FA.

375+ and william like this.
  10. DF1

Nothing magical about this win or race. No rain, its just a matter of position management and applying good speed in 2-3 locations to keep a faster train behind you lol. We had our expected lunge for the lead by Max and the rest was history. Flair and glamour are nice but Monaco is a Corporate spectacle.

william, 375+ and P.Singhof like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sorry if I keep being persistent but I think you talk around the original theme....It has nothing to do with being a Tifosi or not and I never doubted that Schumacher was the No.1 in the team but I doubt that he was because it was written in a contract and not simply because he was the better of the two drivers!
    Your original post was:
    And again I would like to ask which of the 7 WDC were not won on his own merrit but handed over by team mates? What year did Schumacher only won because his team mate gve way to him? Barrichello was told on occasion that he should let pass Schumacher for the championship but was this the actuial reason Michael won this title? Is it Schumachers fault that his team mates were not even and therfore "could not finish first".
    Do you think the fact that Bottas was not even for two years and that he was used as a rolling chicane occasionally against the Ferrari and that he also gave Lewis places for the WDC means that "Bottas handed over the WDC to Lewis"???
    If this is what you say I am certain that NONE of the 8 people (who all happens to be Lewis supporters) would have liked that post at all...

daytona355 likes this.
  12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Like you, Ive owned a couple modern Ferraris and have "skin in the game".

I recognize Lewis' talent and give credit where it's due.

ktu and william like this.
  13. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    #589 05011994, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Was there a race in Monaco this weekend, I thought that there was only a parade, like every other Monaco GP. Whoever qualifies on pole wins unless they break, Ricciardo was able to win being 160 hp down. Bring on the Isle of Mann TT for real racing. Forza Niki, we miss having real heroes in in F1 and say hello to Ayrton and Gilles now that you are up there. Forza Niki, Forza Ferrari!

DF1 and kandi like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Sebastian Vettel with Charles Leclerc & Mattia Binotto at the La Partita del Cuore charity football match, today in Turin, Italy today.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sebastian Vettel & Cristiano Ronaldo during the La Partita Del Cuore charity football match

Sebastian Vettel shaking hands with Gianluigi Buffon

Seb in action

Sebastian Vettel with John Elkann

Sebastian Vettel & Mick Schumacher

Sebastian Vettel with Fransesco Totti

And with Leclerc

stavura, 375+, kandi and 1 other person like this.
  15. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have said it several times before. ... the driver mistakes are a function of the inability of Ferrari’’s pitwall. They don’t have the car... they don’t have the strategy... what’s left? Taking risks. What other option is there? Even Leclerc said it after qually that he’d have to take risk and even risk crashing. That’s how pathetic they are at this point. Spins ... binning it... sure blame the driver but also blame the team for constantly putting them in that position.

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Monaco is an anchronism in modern F1. Maybe it should be a stand-alone race outside the world championship.

17. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Does anyone else remember 2011 when Hamilton kept running into Massa and Vettel reigned supreme? The only difference in the last 6 years is that Hamilton has the dominant car and Vettel is is now overdriving to compensate, sorry neither is the best ever (their cars were) but only excellent drivers, it is neither their fault nor accomplishment, just Formula 1 without testing.

18. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    IMO F1 could use more anchronisms like Monaco

csmjr91090 likes this.
  19. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Nope, did you watch F1 when Barrichello was with Ferrari? He was World Champion material. Always faster then his teammates. He even challenge Michael the first year he joined. I know close friends who are close friends with both MS and Barrichello. They said he was the real deal. Even today he races karts and still beats some of the best. I would put as good as Rosberg or even better.

daytona355, P.Singhof and william like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think Monaco is kept on the calendar for historical value, but for me it doesn't belong to modern F1.

For a start, it contradicts almost all the safety rules imposed to modern circuits, and is not really the place to race near-1000hp cars.

It's a corporate event, a showcase for the fashion and Entertainment industries; it has glamour, glitz and media attention.

The racing is terrible there, really. For this reason, I wouldn't shed a team if F1 stops one day coming there.

Finlander likes this.
  21. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Senna's 1992 win over Mansell in Monaco was definitely a result of his track position. Others are certainly debatable.

05011994 and william like this.
  22. csmjr91090

csmjr91090 Rookie

May 18, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    This is my view as well. Vettel absolutely made mistakes last year and this year at Bahrain, but how much of this is due to the understeer that Ferrari has been struggling with? Almost all of the spins have been identical. Now we've seen 2 or 3 races where the car has gotten away from Leclerc and caused him to either crash or damage the car. To me its 50/50 as far as responsibility goes. But these cars apparently do not suit the styles of both drivers and that leads to them forcing errors, as you pointed out. That's a problem Ferrari needs to resolve ASAP.

One thing I've liked thus far is Binotto being very upfront about the problems Ferrari face. Hopefully he's the guy to turn this around.

23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It is an event where as much as 70% of all sponsorship contracts are signed.
    It is not going anywhere.

The racing is terrible there, really. For this reason, I wouldn't shed a team if F1 stops one day coming there.[/QUOTE]

I actually found the racing exciting this year, what with Max hounding Hamilton for 50-odd laps.

24. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I actually found the racing exciting this year, what with Max hounding Hamilton for 50-odd laps.[/QUOTE]

Definitely more exciting than I expected. Max was on his ass the second sector