LED Headlight Upgrade! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LED Headlight Upgrade!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Cape308, Jan 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308Hutch

308Hutch Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2014
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Had some issues with bulb consistency from the TruckLite’s. They sid send me a new one but shades are off. They are good and quality knock offs are out there too at a better prove and indistinguishable performance. I put 7” round Grote LED’s on my Fiat Spider project because I wanted a more stock halogen type chrome reflector vs the black. They look good and perform even better. Not cheap but solid looks and performance. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

TheMayor likes this.
  2. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
  3. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Oh - and how hard are the lights to remove and replace? Is there a how-to posted anywhere?

4. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has used the Vintagecarleds too.

5. Chris Iskander

Aug 15, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I installed a pair of these https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/7-inch/vc3500-classic-kit/ in my '89 328. They're amazing. Absolutely night & day vs the originals.

They're definitely a different color (6000K is much more of a daylight white vs the original warm white). If you want to maintain the original colour, there are other models on the website that come in a warmer 3500K, but they're more expensive.

Hope this helps!

rwbolt1 and 308inSD like this.
  6. 308inSD

308inSD F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 17, 2010
    SD, CA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I'm tired of my dim headlights, plus I figure the reduced current load of LEDs would be overall less-taxing for my car's electrical system. So I'd like to upgrade. Still happy with these?

For those VC3500 kits there are 3 lens options described as:
    * standard economy lens (Round)
    * classic lens (Flat)
    * German Hella H4 lens upgrade (Flat)

Can anyone comment on the difference among them?

Are there other LED options out there I should consider?

EP328 likes this.
  7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Look at the beam pattern on the LED light. You are blinding oncoming drivers. I’m sure if you look at the fine print it states that these headlights are not for use on public highways. Don’t get all pissed off when other drivers simply turn their high beams on while they are approaching you.

9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Look at the light patten of the led bulb. You are blinding oncoming drivers. Your beam pattern has no line where the light stops shining. Look closely at the box your lights came in, it will state that these lights are for off road use only. Don’t get all pissed off when other drivers put on their high beams when when they are approaching you. You are blinding all oncoming vehicles.

10. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
  11. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    10 years of use now on truck-lites in 308. Especially useful this time of year where it gets dark at 4:30pm :( I still haven't tried to do anything to resolve the flicker when on high-beam. I haven't used it for a commuter car for the last 5 years, so even less motivated to resolve. It's not toooo bad, so I've just gotten used to it.