NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 101 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    +1 for music background [Bertysolo - Destination (Instrumental) - at least he claims to be the author]

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Because this is the world we live in.
    Someone talks a photo of something they are not supposed to.......because they can.

3. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    People are so annoying. If Ferrari launch a car that was like spaceship, they gonna tell that is 'too much', if they launch a clean car, with great lines, like we see in this poor picture, everyone say ' i'm so unimpressed'. In the end of the day, design always not enough for some people, always have to complain, it seems don't like cars in general.

4. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    I must agree, but how silly are Ferrari to leave the car in what looks like an empty auditorium uncovered...

... a decision only rivaled in stupidity by their recent strategic qualifying decisions at the Monaco GP :(

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Who said anything about a Valkyrie?? All I stated is that with this initial poor photo the car looks unimpressive. At first glance it looks like a F8 from the profile.

There was talk of it looking like a “spaceship”. This first photo doesn’t exactly look like a spaceship. Not in the least.

I’m sure it will look better in real life but I don’t like it from the first photo.

6. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Most likely a rehearsal or purely for auditorium set up. It's quite difficult to set up an event for close to a thousand people and have it run smoothly.

jm2 and tomc like this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Chill. It’s the initial impression from a crappy photo.

And your comment about people not liking cars is directed towards people who own multiple Ferrari’s and other brands.

Don’t get your panties in a wad. I’m sure the official pics will present the car in better light. If it doesn’t, then it doesn’t.

8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    This looks like the J50 that was released for japan.

F2003-GA likes this.
  9. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Agreed!

But of the many elements that go into such an event, perhaps its best to not drop the ball on the most important element of all...

10. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    the car has soft lines from the side. I think the original concept was with canopy style glass roof like the original laferrari concept and yet again they mimicked the glass roof concept by painted it black instead of putting a real glass roof..

11. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    Fake this has got to be fake because this is a 458 with new head lights .

12. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    The lines on a "New" design langue Ferrari will always be soft, remember the hard core versions coming down the line. Ferrari will never produce a car with hard lines from the jump, they'd lose too much money.

I hope this is fake because this IS NOT 355 going to 360, or 430 going to 458.

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    To quote the movie, The Bridge over the River Kwai ""Madness!, Madness!" :mad:
    I hope this is not the car for the simple reason I reorganized my schedule tomorrow to enjoy the reveal of a car I will never buy!
    Ferrari are the masters of building suspense and drama. Even my wife is bugging me for updates on BB!
    Let the feeding frenzy begin. :D
    T

F2003-GA likes this.
  14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Don't agree.

People say they are unimpressed because the car has been "sold" as a spaceship.

15. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Before Instagram delete, there was a comment that said somethink like “please respect the work of the ferrari team and remove this photo”, which makes me think it is the new car.

That angle makes it very hard to gauge what the car actually looks like. Every car has angles that are worse than others, I think we should wait and see what surfaces tomorrow. I am actually amazed it took this long for this to surface.

I think the hidden nature of everything actually leads to more expectation and disappointment because of the hype getting overdone by enthusiasts, we shall see.

I think it looks cool. The big question is does it look $600k cool?

F2003-GA and Thecadster like this.
  16. TomLikesCars

TomLikesCars Karting

Feb 27, 2019
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harris
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The wheels In the leaked photo look too retro for my taste. I don’t care for the design at all. I hope there are some other options for wheels on the car.

mxplzr likes this.
  18. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    For me, sorry, not OK to post this pic - no respect for the work of Ferrari.

I like the car, absolutely, well done Maranello!!!

JagShergill, Albert-LP and F2003-GA like this.
  19. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

If that's it, then this picture is giving the impression of a pretty boring design. Its seems like just a mish-mash of all the other "458" platform cars we have seen.

Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.
  20. LosCules

LosCules Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Naufal A.
    I got mixed feelings. It's a familiar shape we've been seeing for a decade. Not overly amused tbh

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What do you mean no respect? This will be public in less than 20 hours. Ferrari should
    Do a better job of security or maybe they like the picture being leaked- more publicity.

therryzsx, Thecadster and Juvendude like this.
  23. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Wonder why they haven't put CF wheels on it after we were told they were so superior at the Pista launch?

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    IMO it’s disrespectful to leak the pic thinking of all the hard work from everyone in Maranello, especially when he or she signed an NDA thing I’m sure. That being said I don’t know why they couldn’t just take the car cover out of the frunk and use it lol

I bet it’s the real car, and it’s not as futuristic/spaceship from the side profile as I would have hoped. But I’ll reserve full judgment for tomorrow to give Ferrari the full fair chance. The wheels in the prototype/mule shots looked way cooler, maybe they are on the Grigio car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, gzachary and Caeruleus11 like this.