NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 103 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Until the new mid engine Corvette is shown next month ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F152VS likes this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m disappointed that it’s not inspired by the P80/C as many of us were hoping. And I’m disappointed that it’s not “spaceshipy” in any sense of the expression. Most of all though, it seems super safe in the tradition of a Camry/Accord redesign: enough change to spark interest, but not so much change as to offend the purists. I hope I’m wrong. Of course, like all Ferrari’s, it’s much better to see them in person.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Because It would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce a new design language like they did with the 360 back in 99. New range, new design.

4. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    For those not in attendance they had a cutaway showing the new hybrid tech, notice the added weight is contained for a low center of gravity increasing performance. Honestly, I was impressed with the packaging and branding.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Its subjective right ? So everyone has their own interpretation :)
    Personally I don't understand why so many folks here agitated over ONE person's "spaceship" opinion

Doug23 likes this.
  6. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    The new mid engine Corvette’s interior design is very nice though

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I can speak for myself, I was expecting/hoping for a design that took some chances and made significant advances. One that was bold and inspiring, much like this:

GHG, SoCal to az and sampelligrino like this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Personally I think this design leans more towards lighter colors and darker grays
    Plus should make for some interesting bi color combo's - Excited to see full reveal soon

crinoid likes this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The interior is the last chance to do any 'spaceship' stuff...HUD plus some tech heavy toys?

Already love the F8.

10. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I think everyone is overreacting. That is a terrible photo. I can only believe the photo is hiding as many exterior details, if not more, than it's revealing. That's not me hoping, that's me observing that you can barely discern any detail other than a profile. All the depth, curves, fine lines...virtually everything important...is imperceptible.

11. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Each Lamborghini looks like the last mostly and yet they sell. AC/DC songs are mostly the same and they sold millions of records. It's great to see how everyone looks at the same thing and sees something different. The 458 style of car works well and you can't really argue that. I really like 458 design just as much now as the day it came out. The 488 looked a touch off to me, but once I saw one in person, my opinion changed. The Pista I think is a near perfect mix of a great car design. It looks great from almost any angle and there's just enough different about it that its stands out from a regular 488. The F8 I'm not terribly fond of yet, but in sure as people get them, it will grow on me. I think this new car looks great from the picture. It's a nice combo of LaFerrari and pista. Even the LaFerrari is a bit 458 from certain angles and that says a lot. As Billy Gibbons once said: "If it ain't broke, it don't need a fix!". With so many new models coming out, the sky is still the limit, but the limit is much closer than ever before.

12. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The P80/C was a custom one off. If I was the customer and after all the time and money I put into the project Ferrari release a close look alike I would be pissed.
    To me I thought it may have had a few of its design clues but thats it. It maybe packed with lots of amazing tech but Im not sure its the right looking car to get such an increase in sales volume with.

fil and kandi like this.
  13. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I think the photo is a perfect leak (unintended by Ferrari) and heightens my curiosity even more because it does really look promising. The photo is blurry and captures a bit of the essence of the car.. can't wait for more details tomorrow.

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Are we sure that the picture is the genuine article and not just a photoshop?

15. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    100% certain Ferrari watches this forum. It's a shame their big surprise was compromised.

Nelsonc275, nmcclure, isot and 4 others like this.
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    ''eh Luigi you covered up the car right?"
    "No Franco i thought you were supposed to do it?"

Mamma miaaaaarrrrghhhh it really is like the F1 team!

17. SmokinV10

SmokinV10 Karting

Oct 19, 2017
    If that is the new car many are disappointed for a litany of reasons:
    1) there is an overarching hope that Ferrari can design something truly groundbreaking after parting ways with Pininfarina. We have now had the 5th iteration of the 458 with the F8. There is some boredom setting in with the lack of visual innovation.
    2) it’s been sold as a spaceship. I really had to take a “triple take” to figure out it wasn’t a F8. This is much of a spaceship as the f8.
    3) many are disappointed by the rumors of a 1850kg weight. Hoping that styling will make up for the portly stature. This isn’t a monumental step forward, especially for more than 2x the price of a F8.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GHG, Thecadster and sampelligrino like this.
  18. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Absolutely true

isot likes this.
  19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    This^. I dislike the F8 based on the photos posted thus far but my opinion may change seeing one in the flesh. Tempering that disappointment was anticipation for the BB. Let's hope better photos prove us wrong.

Thecadster likes this.
  20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm wondering now if the "spaceship" and "new design language" comments referred to the interior.

21. Ogbean

Ogbean Rookie

Sep 22, 2016
    After really looking at it, im convinced that is the F8 spider. I don’t think this is the leaked hybrid

Concretecowboy likes this.
  22. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    The teaser does actually look quite futuristic. There appears to be a small (touch?)screen on both sides of the steering wheel. Could be a completely new interface

Thelovelyrock18 and G. Pepper like this.
  23. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    The rear half of this car looks really awesome.

I don’t know how others feel, but my first gut reaction when J50 got released, was how much other markets were not able to have a great car.

This looks awesome and even better.

24. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    there is ZERO chance FERRARI won't exceed our expectations. Have faith people! Ferrari is the pinnacle. I feel honored to own ANY of their cars...so should you!

25. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    It seems like a very safe design. Bummer.

mhh likes this.