430 - Late production 430, how to lock RH door with key? | FerrariChat

430 Late production 430, how to lock RH door with key?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 24000rpm, May 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

there's no key hole, and how do I lock the car in case there's no battery power hence no remote

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    My 08 car has the external key- looks like you will have only the remote. If at any time you get locked out of the car with a flat battery you can jack the car up and back charge the battery by connecting to the starter motor supply.

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

external key?

um.... my question is that, is there anyway to lock the car if I am out of battery.... ?

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You would need to fit the lock that is fitted to the earlier cars

24000rpm likes this.
  5. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Is this the passenger door in a LHD car? Not sure you can lock the passenger door without power since the passenger door is always electrically controlled. The only thing to say is without power you can't unlock the passenger door that that might solve your problem. :)

24000rpm likes this.
  6. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    On the F430 only the L/H door has the exterior key lock so..................Sitting in the car you reach across & push down on the little latch on the R/H door internal handle. Since you have no power, the little latch isn't only visual, but a mechanical connection to the door lock assy.
    Then climb out & use the external key door lock to lock the L/H door.

24000rpm likes this.
  7. Sled Driver

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    A little side story.......
    My 360 was parked in the hotel lot overnight when an ice storm hit. Next morning the whole L/H side of my car was covered in a 1/4" layer of ice.

Try as I might, the driver's door was frozen shut. Ended up entering the car from the passenger side & climbing over into the driver's seat.

One of the benefits of an F1 over a stick.

8. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Never realised there was an internal button - but then I've never sat in the passenger seat. LOL

9. Sled Driver

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    The 360 & F430 share the same inner door handle mechanism.
    When you lock & unlock the doors that little lever with "LOCK" on it moves.

Next time your sitting in you car, with the doors closed, manually move that lever. It will lock & unlock both doors.

Now, if you have no power (battery dead or disconnected) It will only work on the door that you move the lever on.

Attached Files: