Anyone familiar with this F-car mechanic? | FerrariChat

Anyone familiar with this F-car mechanic?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by charliek, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I spoke with a very nice gentleman named Charlie Pierson about some parts I needed. He does Ferrari mechanical repair and service but not bodywork. He informed me that he has been working on Ferraris for a very long time and used to work for a dealership. He is located in the Philly area and is in the process of movng his shop. He told me something I never heard before, that you can do almost all service on Boxer including cam belt service without taking engine out. Anyone with any experience with his work?

2. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I've never heard of him but I can tell you one thing...It is impossible to do the service on a Boxer with the engine in. I've been watching a Boxer engine in my mechanics shop now for a few weeks. There is no way you can properly change the belts and bearings without that engine coming out...unless you cut an access panel into the firewall. There just isn't enough room to work.