Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TomLikesCars

TomLikesCars Karting

Feb 27, 2019
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harris
  2. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Well, 200.000 euros in taxes hurts, Marcel.

F2003-GA likes this.
  3. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    #230 Continental AutoSports, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    If I may...

Firstly, I just can't come to grips with that front hood spoiler. While it isn't aesthetically horrific (I'm sure the functionality will be explained further) it's borderline strange in that it seems like it's an aftermarket piece, put on by Novitec or the like. The car is figuratively fresh out of the oven and it already seems as if every cosmetic piece was purchased on Amazon.

Next, and this is purely my opinion, it looks like three different cars. When I hold my hand up the the side view of that car and block out the remainder in threes, the front, middle and rear all look to be spliced from seperate cars. Not the end of the world but not pleasing to the eye.

Moreover, the rear end...ufff. In my eyes there's WAY too much going on. Levers, inlets, outlets, openings, spoilers, and everything else make it look cluttered.

BUT the interior is a step-up from previous models. It looks more fluid and user friendly; the interior is a definite plus.

jpalmito and otakki like this.
  4. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I don't particularly like the Chevy-esque tail lights, and see some disconnect in design between the front 2/3 and rear 1/3 of the car. But overall it looks great, particularly in that silver Assetto Fiorano spec. And it should look incredible in all black too, Batman style. I read the paper and it's certainly impressive from a technological standpoint - very similar to the Porsche 918 Spyder in many ways. And the modernized interior is overdue. Butterfly doors would have been nice but guess those are verboten except on halo cars.

If the USA base price is indeed ~ $500k USD (+ 20% or so for options), I might get in line - probably a long one as it would be my first Ferrari. I have a 720S now and absolutely love it, but will likely be ready to move on around the time SF90 Stradale deliveries are underway.

5. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    The one in giallo is a beauty in my books! :cool:

Can't wait to see it up close soon.

G. Pepper and uhn2000 like this.
  6. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    The market demands lower emissions and e-modes. Cities are closing their downtowns to ICE cars. What good is a street car you cannot drive around where you live?

If we want less weight and faster cars we should buy race cars.

Finally, as of today, what other brand offers a series production high-performance hybrid?

Tifosi66, Bas, anunakki and 1 other person like this.
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agreed. This is a sexy offering. Performance numbers are epic. About the only thing I don't like is the name as it evokes this year's F1 car, which barring an epic mid -season turnaround appear to be a dud for the Scuderia. ☹️
    T

sampelligrino likes this.
  8. Ukyo

Ukyo Rookie

May 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ukyo
    giallo looks amazing on this car. I wish they showed a version without the two tone roof.

of2worlds and sampelligrino like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Marcel did you get close enough to notice the serial numbers for the three shown?

10. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    As usual Marcel is 100% right and if you want to be a “top” client, it is not just cars, it’s financial services, doing rallies, going to events, being in corse clienti, FXX, Ferrari Challenge etc etc

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  11. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Ok put the order in. Blue Tdf with cioccolato interior and Fiorano pack. Grazie.

Caeruleus11, Bas, Thecadster and 9 others like this.
  12. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    God, I hate it. :(

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Does someone know what is exactly the Assetto Fiorano package ?

14. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    It's where you hand over all your assets to Fiorano to get the car. Wha, wha, wha whaaaaaaa.

showme1946, G. Pepper, tbuff and 11 others like this.
  15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Post 151 and in the Word document Mr. Massini downloaded up thread.
    T

NeilF8888 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  16. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    AWD so it will be fast on track like 918

Caeruleus11 and F2003-GA like this.
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    For the first time on a Ferrari, clients can choose between the standard car and a version with a more sports-oriented specification. The Assetto Fiorano specification includes significant upgrades, including special GT racing-derived Multimatic shock absorbers, extra lightweight features made from high-performance materials such as carbon-fibre (door panels, underbody) and titanium (springs, entire exhaust line), resulting in a weight-saving of 30 kg. Another difference is the high downforce carbon-fibre rear spoiler which generates 390 kg of downforce at 250 km/h. The Assetto Fiorano includes Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2 tyres designed specifically to improve performance on the track in the dry. They feature a softer compound and fewer grooves than the tyres provided as standard.

G. Pepper and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    So the Fiorano pack is basically a mandatory option for resale. Plus the other options that are the usual Ferrari must haves like fancy paint etc. Once it’s specced up this has got to be pushing $700k at a guess?

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I am sure Flavio would cringe at hearing this however the roof and A pillars would probably look great body color.

Thecadster and gt_lusso like this.
  20. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Agree 100%. Would like to see one in mono color, something silver. Just to se how it would really play out with the lines etc.

crinoid likes this.
  21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks a lot my friends

of2worlds likes this.
  22. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm not a fan and as more pics have come through the less there is to like!

- The side on view is OK, but is too similar to the 488/F8
    - The front is stupid with those lights and ridiculous spoiler
    - The rear haunches are too heavy, the little engine cover looks lost back there, the rear lights just a mistake and the spoiler looks like an afterthought
    - The interior looks great, but all the buttons on the steering wheel are overkill (the seat is the best bit of the whole car)

Worst of all is the sound (Instagram post on the previous thread) - it is not in the slightest bit crisp and is way too muted, despite the engine being revved-up being in a totally silent and enclosed amphitheater.

I am in a position to buy, but will not be!

Perhaps its time for a 458 Challenge and get it road registered. Certainly it will sound a lot better, look a lot better and with 3/4 of the weight and similar bhp/ton go a lot better!

Napoli and dustman like this.