NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 115 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    It sounds like they are still undecided. I spoke to one Ferrari official who told me we are looking at a base price in the mid 400s in EUR (i.e. $500k). I looked surprised and when he saw it he told me that the numbers are not set yet and he may be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    LOL...did I say $500K...I meant $700K since you looked at me that way.

Never good news if they don't release price. Testing market and stick a number based upon demand.

IF $500K, Pista would not be such a great buy anymore.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think someone buying a Pista is buying something completely different- the last non hybrid v8 Ferrari. It will just hold its own.

But I agree with you- how could they not know the price by now?

Thecadster and boobernackle like this.
  4. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    I agree the pista is a very different car. But the main difference is weight - the pista is circa 300kg lighter.

lanpa8 and SoCal to az like this.
  5. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Isn't the F8 the last ;)

tekaefixe likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    True- I meant to say last special edition.
    Word is no F8 "Pista" going to happen. They will just go to the little brother- v6 hybrid.

Albert-LP and Senna1994 like this.
  7. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Will be interesting to see what they do with that...I just can't see them not banging out some SE F8 as the last of the last of the last LOL.

MANDALAY, Bhh, boobernackle and 2 others like this.
  8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It’s pretty awesome all the way around.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think its an unknown for sure. If they do bang one out- it hurts pista a little. But right now there is some debate whether the F8 will have a 2 year run or 4 year run. I dont know that we know for sure. Im certainly hopeful that there isn't an F8 special edition but Im not holding my breath. Who knows what the hell they are going to do.

My gut says no special edition but that is based on nothing more than hopefulness- and the fact that how much more can they squeeze out of the same engine?

anyways- time will tell.

IPO1 likes this.
  10. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    The starter button should be a red, physical button. Doesn’t “need” to be on the wheel, but should be a real button. Otherwise, stunning inside and out. Home run. Not a strong enough superlative to do it justice. Can’t wait for the first drive reviews. The overall design is a perfect mix of old and new, somehow classic Ferrari and space age at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albert-LP and 355TDI like this.
  11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Some members have mentioned USD 500k plus options and taxes

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    They have done SE with every model since 360...why would they stop at the 488?
    I suspect they will milk every dollar/euro they can get...and that includes an F8 SE and an F8 Spider SE (or even Spider LE with hype of last of non-assisted ICE car).

...and, yes...Ferrari is reading this. :)

MANDALAY, tekaefixe and Roland1688 like this.
  13. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I love the exterior, very bold and love the design direction Ferrari has gone with this car. The interior looks amazing as well. I can't wait to see it person.

stavura and 355TDI like this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    F8 is a stop gap. Was not an expected model.

15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #2866 IPO1, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Yes, but there is no way they would say anything about a last of last SE F8 model now...they are still running Pista's down the line (and will be for a while).

If I were a betting man, I would put big money on some 'last' F8 model. They would print money and Ferrari shareholders like that.

Roland1688 and SoCal to az like this.
  16. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Nothing confirmed, my guess is they're waiting for further direction on any auto tariffs within the coming months for a final announcement.

17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I can pretty much guarantee 2 year run, because of EU 2022 changes will likely require chassis modifications:

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/speed-limiters-eu-cars-safety-2022/

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdocs/2014_2019/plmrep/COMMITTEES/IMCO/DV/2019/04-01/COREPER_ANNEX_GVSR_EN.pdf

primarily these:

Head impact zone enlargement
    In the name of pedestrian safety, the size and safety of your windscreen glass are going to change on new cars. In theory, new cars and vans after 2022 will have windscreens that offer greater protection in impacts, for when airbags are insufficient. We’re sure car designers may have thoughts on the possible implications of this…

Improved pole side protection
    Cars and vans will also have to improve pole side protection. This is the scenario during an NCAP safety test where a car is moved at speed side-on towards a concrete pole, with the impact being more or less in the middle of the car. It is an extremely severe test of vehicle crash-worthiness: making the regulations even stricter could prove challenging to vehicle manufacturers.

Improved seatbelts and occupant protection
    This does what it says on the tin. We all use seatbelts and, from 2022 in new cars, they’re set to get better, with the aim of further of improving full-width frontal safety.

Albert-LP and SoCal to az like this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So if 2 year run- then 2020 and 2021 will be F8 and then no time for the F8 special edition cause by then it will be replaced by little brother

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ummm- the first pic is not the Stradale. :)

21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes I know. I was pointing out the similarities of the photos above. I like this better.

perrinnation and SoCal to az like this.
  22. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Keep telling yourself that :rolleyes::D

SoCal to az likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ha! Let a man dream.

IPO1 likes this.
  24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Correct, the F8 was necessary because the 488 had already gone through 4 model years(2016,17,18,19) and MY2020 (starting calendar 1/1/2020) requires gasoline particular filters (GPF) to be fitted for all EU and later (July 2020) China deliveries, due to "particulate number" regulations increasing by an order of magnitude, (this is for Ferrari, most other manufacturers had a Sept 1 2018 deadline) and for Ferrari it made no sense to "redevelop" the 488 engine to comply and the fact that the competition was overwhelming them (McLaren, Huracan EVO...) and the fact that MY2020 would be the 488's "5th model year" it made no sense to put all that effort in the 488 for one more model year, so here is the F8, basically a year ahead of schedule and so was the Pista, it was also released one year early and the Pista production wraps up this year, same reason (GPF), sure production can continue as long as Ferrari wants for non-EU/China markets...but I doubt they will continue Pista for very long into 2020, by then the F8 will be in full production and there is only so much room for production..plus Pista was never intended to go on for more than 2 years, also in 2020 new automatic emergency braking regulations kick in for all major countries outside of USA and India...

https://europe.businesschief.com/leadership/2540/Automatic-brakes-to-become-mandatory-in-40-countries-in-2020

and probably more voluntary adas (advanced driving assistance systems) items too:

http://www.expansion.com/directivos/2019/05/21/5ce2faeb22601d2d1a8b460c.html