SF90 Stradale - YES/NO/MAYBE | FerrariChat

SF90 Stradale - YES/NO/MAYBE

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

The new SF90 Stradale -

1. I ordered one

16.1%
  2. I will order one

9.4%
  3. I’m considering

14.2%
  4. No sorry, nothing for me

35.1%
  5. I would if I could

20.3%
  6. Waiting for a preowned one

5.0%
  1. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #1 Ferrari 308 Vetro, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    The presentation is done, pictures and details are announced, so?

For me it’s a clear YES!

458Pilot and F50gta like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not for me. I dont see the value in a 750k car that looks similar to the F8/Pista and has a nominal performance bump. Dont get me wrong, I like the car but not enough to drop 3/4 of a million on it.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I really need to see this in person but the pics don't do much for me.

Graz, LARRYH and ag512bbi like this.
  4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Yes. Will be an interesting car to spec.

5. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Maybe I need to get my eyes checked, but I don't see it in anyway similar to the 488 and F8. Its closer to a La Ferrari. I love it, totally different from other Ferrari's. Just don't know what the price will be.

AClark, 350MH83, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yes - look of the car and its specs. Can't wait for all the tech to filter down to other F cars.

No - weight. Wonder how much they could have lightweighted it with a carbon tub?

Heck no! - name. This year's F1 car, the SF90, is a turkey.

T

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I dont know how different it is based on the photos. Im sure its much better in real life.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

F12B88, WM458 and ryanro24 like this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    As I said in the other thread. Say what you want about subjective styling. Objectively, this car is lighter* and more powerful than the holy trinity at 1/2 to 1/4 of market prices of said vehicles, all done in 6 years.

If that's not an accomplishment, I don't know what is.

*P1 is 50 pounds lighter I think.

Juli, Boomhauer, AClark and 6 others like this.
  9. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Considering one. What is MSRP? I read $510k. Cheaper than a used pista or svj

DRYHOLE and Rrr1 like this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They havent set a price yet.

11. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    #11 gt_lusso, May 29, 2019
    In my country, you'll have to pay atleast 200.000 euros in taxes on top of the 450.000 - 500.000 euro price tag. Then there is optional extras, and they sure aint free.
    Could be an option to buy a 2 year old car, but I think it's value will hold up well, so not sure if it will get that much "cheaper" after 2 years as a pre owned car.

Now I might sound cheap folks... but 650.000-720.000 euros for a non limited car is... a lot. Even though I think it's worth it, so don't get me wrong.

12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Literally nothing about those two cars that can be different is not different. Front is different, glass is different, roof and three quarter is different, wheels are different, rear deck is different, side treatment is different, side vents are different, stance is different, lines are different. The only thing that is the same is the colour and the layout! I don’t see what you’re seeing?

13. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

I kinda have the same thoughts...need to see it in person.

ZF123 likes this.
  14. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like the design, even though it doesn’t quite “flow” from the front to side to back as beautifully as some prior F cars. But there almost always seems to be an angle on any car that looks awkward. I am going to get one eventually. At least I hope I will. To many cars and limited finances!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    :(

I have read about some other countries and the crazy taxes, how does it work in your country?

Sorry about this, it sounds very bad for enthusiats.

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If you don’t see the similarities in the profile pic I posted I don’t know what to say.

TP98, e46m3, nopassn and 1 other person like this.
  17. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    #17 gt_lusso, May 29, 2019
    I'm all for taxes. Taxes are the reason why I live in a country with free education and the best health care system in the world. But of course it stinks having to pay:

1. Taxes on the weight of the car. Every car over 1500 kg is 20 dollar extra per kilogram. (Hybrid vehicles get a small discount since batteries are heavy, but there to reduce CO2 emissions.

2. Taxes on CO2 emissions (300 dollar extra per gram if the car pollutes more than 195 gram as standard)

3. Tax for taking the car into the country (you pay this tax once for every new car brought into the country). The higher value, the more you pay.

4. Additional value tax. 25% of the car's value on top of the original price tag.

5. Luxury tax

6. NOX tax

I think that's it. I did a calculator to find the price of an SF90 Stradale on number plates, legally registered. About 150.000 euros in taxes.

But Norway is not as bad as Denmark, having 150% of the cars value added if worth more than 10.600 euros. Denmark has so much taxes that Formula Auto, the one and only official F-car dealer in Denmark, lease most of their cars. People don't want to spend nearly 500.000 euros on a new 488 Spider with optional extras. So most of the cars are sold with leasing.

nis1973, ZF123 and paulchua like this.
  18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It’s pretty obvious that the base car will be one price and the track focused version will be a LOT more.

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Holy smokes. I am dizzy right now. Thank you so much for this education. I had no idea on the complexities. Do these rules apply to second-hand sales?

ZF123 likes this.
  20. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Yep, us Scandinavians are used to this, but the more I think about it, the more dizzy I get too haha.

Second-hand sales on cars already brought into the country where taxes has been paid for by the first owner - no. But cars imported from other european countries, yes.

But the price ends up to be the same if you buy a second hand car already in the country vs import. Import could be slightly cheaper since the marked is bigger and you could find a great deal. But there is not much money to save.

ZF123 and paulchua like this.
  21. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Not sure what you’re getting at. Yes, they’re red, have four wheels, a mid mounted engine and an air intake over the rear wheels. That is all similar.

But to say the profile is anything alike is pushing it. One looks like a 458, one looks like a brand new rocket ship. I get what you’re saying to the extent that a 360 looks like a 430 bc the air intakes are positioned similarly; however, I doubt that anyone will have any trouble distinguishing between the two in real life. The overall shapes aren’t even remotely similar.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Boomhauer likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If you don’t see the similarities then I certainly can’t convince you any further beyond what you see in the pictures.

23. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    whats with this poll?

"I ordered one" - what are you ordering? Air??? Theres nothing to order yet!

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thank you again for your time and information. It is very fascinating and good to know.

ZF123 likes this.
  25. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Lol! Maybe this SF90 will be easier to get heat in the tires

tomc likes this.