Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Monza is 810 CV, not 750. It is probably the best engine in the world, bar that Cosworth in the Valkyrie, if that ever makes it into production.
    Regarding the weight, do you really think that you can discern between 1600 kg and 1400 kg? I had a mate who told us he knew the difference between a full and and half tank of fuel on a road car. Good fun, we bought him the lagers!!!

jpalmito likes this.
  2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    He doesn't understand why the car is lacking motricity in very slow corner like Barcelona T3 ,
    But he is sure to bridge the gap with the Hamilton's AMG One later in the year ( joke)

sampelligrino likes this.
  3. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Where does the 488 pista outshine the gt2rs, other than in strigthline..
    according to your „sources“ at least not on the track
    https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/ae4bc04lln0p
    http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel6810-7218.htm

out of 5 tracks the Gt2 Rs is faster on 3 ones...

Shadowfax likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A Ferrari doubter then, since you discard the "hater" tag, that not too few readers might adorn you with.

You are also more than welcome to join me in my cellar; I fathom that you would fine the Merlots to your liking, should you be a wine connoisseur that is.

Finally, I am pretty much certain that it is you , sir, whom I am referring to.

5. nic329

nic329 Rookie

Feb 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    ns
    this is kind of a let down if you ask me....I was hoping for a much better looking car then this......on the bright side its nice to see they finally integrated the exterior door handles and no longer have ugly ones like the 488 has

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Fiorano 1:19 so fast enough for sure.

I like the styling and the interior plus all the new tech etc ,call me old fashioned but somehow i just don't trust the whole hybrid concept,too many things to go wrong.It may well prove to be ultra reliable and problem free ,time will tell.

of2worlds, Bundy and jpalmito like this.
  7. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Wheelbase is same as 488.
    Now I wonder how they manage to put battery behind driver and have enough space for engine and all the others.
    Simply wow!

of2worlds and Doug23 like this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Looks like they moved the cockpit further forward.

Caeruleus11 and Doug23 like this.
  9. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Question: maybe it was already written but i cant find it. Till wich speed can the electric motors on the front axel accelerate. I assume that if there is no gear ratio on the elec motors, the cut off speed will be around 200-240kmh. Wich would mean that after that speed it remains a heavy car powered only by its V8 motors for top speed, simular as the porsche 918 spyder.
    For most of you irrelevant, but if interested on fast acceleration up to 300kmh or more still significant

tekaefixe and jpalmito like this.
  10. Abdurahman Kariel

May 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    akariel
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That would be a LOT, but most would account to the tyres. The LF was on street tyres, the SF90S is on semis, some 6 years younger.

tekaefixe likes this.
  12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yes, that's correct. The front motors only work below a certain speed. I read it a few pages back but can't remember the exact figure.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    135 Kph

14. thebigo

thebigo Karting

Feb 10, 2019
    So it's a compliance engine solution. I think, it will be smoken by the new Tesla Roadster.

tekaefixe likes this.
  15. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #440 4re4ever, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Once the car is doing over 135 the weight is not so much an issue (especially in hard acceleration) But also remember after that point that’s when you really use the power of the V8 and its turbo’s plus you still have the 3rd motor in the rear (8 speed with integrated systems to combine all those components for maximum performance).

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    front axle power up to 220 km/h

Then only V8 and rear electric unit

More or less like the 918

ciao

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #442 Shadowfax, May 30, 2019
    I can also feel a 200 kilo weight difference on a circuit so your mate is not alone with that.

PS. Monza's 810CV is 798hp converted. My bad for guessing when I had the specs to draw from but the point I was making was that SF90 would have been deserving of the Sp1's v8 atmo engine as the SF90 has hybrid power!

I don't have any label/tag to discard. If owning Porsches makes me a Ferrari hater (or doubter whatever) then perhaps you'll be able to explain why I bought two Ferrari's? Or maybe you can stop burying yourself for now and explain when I join you in your cellar to drink your Merlots. Thanks for the invite! Love to take you up on it.:) I'm in UK at least once a year so...

of2worlds likes this.
  18. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    #443 500tr, May 30, 2019
    Don't you think the limit of Sebastian is much different to our limit?

tomc likes this.
  19. OneD

OneD Karting

Mar 18, 2012
    How do future owner’s limits compare to Vettel’s limits? As said above it’ll take a while before any « normal » driver comes close to the limits of the car !

20. LosCules

LosCules Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Naufal A.
    I wonder, will the next Challenge and GT cars be based on this car or the F8 Tributo? or will it even be based on the little brother?

21. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks for the info. Wonder why they didnt made a kind of a gear ratio in the emotors to supplie all the power up to high speed. At the end it is to simula to the 918 spyder, just 5 years later..

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    My guess is F8 in the short term (the difference being mostly cosmetic between a 488 and an F8 as far as Challenge/GT are concerned), "little brother" afterwards - unless the rules make hybrid mandatory for GT cars.

23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Don’t like the side mirrors

Too square.

I think the Pista should have had the 3990 cc engine especially when they were going to make the F8

My 2 cents I like it

However won’t be getting anything with electric

With this model gee it’s going to be interesting when the F8 replacement is revealed

I feel that this can be transformed into a targer also

24. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Yep. Sadly, looks are ok, but not earth shattering. It wasn't the giant leap that an entirely new segment demanded though.

As for the hybrid powertrain, it's not like this is the first car to offer a powertrain like this. We already have the Porsche 918 at a similar price point (after options), and Honda NSX (much cheaper). But you have to expect that a car, any car, with this much weight & complexity in the powertrain (e.g. highly strung ICE, 2 Turbos, KERS, 3 Electric motors, big expensive Batteries, huge reliance on electronics to keep it on the road, Ceramic brakes which will take a battering like they've never seen in another car etc) is going to be a fiscal time bomb to maintain and fix... if driven.

crinoid, Bundy and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  25. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    No, the 918 was a limited production special car with a much higher price: this new Ferrari is a "standard" street car and will be produced in 3000 units (more or less). A gear ratio is more weight to do something that is not much useful at so high speed.

All this is my own opinion and not official, of course.

ciao

crinoid, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.