Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    yesterday i was highly enthusiastic about this car but now today; there are certain things which sound dreadful to me.,
    1. the full digital interior is nice for this car only but they should not abandon those analog style steering wheel and dashboard for future gt products.
    2. red physical start stop button which is must
    3. rounded tail lights.. they are not controversial on a ferrari
    4. headlights.. i think ferrari is still struggling finding a signature headlamp style.. monza sp1 lights are great.
    5. certain angles are not conviencing to eyes
    6. hopefully they'll continue making more raw analog (compared with sf90) cars.. like the 812 or even hardcore..

JTSE30, rumen1, Caeruleus11 and 7 others like this.
  3. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Weight is all the time a factor, just less.. But on the other hand drag is the major factor on upper speedrange wich slows the acceleration down. (parasite and induced drag) thus all the power available is needed to get the best acelleration (performance) out of it on higspeed, and if you would have 200hp more from emotors on upper speed range you would be quit a bit faster than without.
    On the 918 when around 250kmh the emotos are disconected acceleration is significant slowing down

4. LosCules

LosCules Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Naufal A.
  5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I want to emphatize this: Ferrari is the first supercar maker that produces a "standard" GT model with a (very complex) 4WD hybrid system. Mc Laren and Lamborghini don't have it yet. Usually Ferrari comes after the competitors to new technologies ("they can afford this", a friend always repeats to me), while now it's the contrary.

yes, Porsche and Honda already did it, but they are both big carbuilders and not a small factory like Ferrari is

ciao

6. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    I was always thinking that Lambo will copy Porsche hybrid system ... :)

F2003-GA and Albert-LP like this.
  7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Apologies if I missed it but is there any hint as to luggage capacity ie is this for touring posing or track days ?

8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    At first , even if I loved front and side view , i really disliked the whole rear .
    I didn't understand it , some kind of a mess .
    But a night later I begin to appreciate it .
    Don't like bicolor car and I'm sure a roof body colored car will do this complex design some kind of justice .
    Car is too heavy and I don't trust such complex hybrid system in the long term .
    Now I understand leiters words about non hybrid huge displacement V12.
    Maybe we can deduce their future halo car will be an ultralight carbonfibre car, powered by a V12NA without any kind of hybridization ?

balcis likes this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Please explain me, sorry: "Halo car" is something like F40 Enzo LaFerrari or something like the Icona Monza SP2?

If Laferrari is an "halo" car: it was hybrid, so I do think the successors will be the same at least as soon as in Formula 1 there will be hybrid engines

ciao

10. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Αs already mentioned, extremely low engine position = lower center of gravity = sportier behavior etc. Despite the styling which is a matter of personal taste (I think it's a step in the future), I'm waiting comments and media test drives.

elmadi, crinoid, Caeruleus11 and 7 others like this.
  11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes there is in the tech specs: It's very low, 96 liters trunk and 22 liters rear shelf, If I remember correctly

ciao

12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Yes like Enzo or Laferrari,
    SF90 is the top of the "normal" range but an heavy car ,
    I really admire all the technological stuff they put in this car but nothing is better than a light car .
    They know this perfectly,
    So Laferrari replacement could be the lightest car they could do powered by a huge displacement V12 without any kind of hybridization.
    Seems logical no ?

tekaefixe likes this.
  13. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  14. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    A lot of comments about wanting an NA engine or no Hybrid system. (Un)fortunately that is the only way forward for Ferrari or any car maker in the near future.

For a non hypercar, I think Ferrari has rewritten the rule book. We’re comparing it against cars that are at least double it’s price yet it offers the same level of performance. As a Challenge driver myself and talking nearly weekly to Ferrari test drivers, I can truly see Ferrari wants to create drivers cars. Linking road cars to the F1 cars and track only cars.
    Weight is a problem, however a 488Challenge also isn’t a light car. But hop in next to a good driver and start to complain about it’s weight whilst trying to hold your lunch inside!
    I’m def getting a Stradale!

elmadi, crinoid, Caeruleus11 and 11 others like this.
  15. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    It really doesn’t matter what I think. It’s just a statement of Vettel which I posted without making judgement about the car.

My point is that I can’t imagine that the marketing department is exactly happy about him saying this with a casual remark.

See above.

tasmandevil likes this.
  16. balcis

balcis Rookie

Jul 31, 2009
    F458Spider, crinoid, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    sorry I was wrong: 74+20 lt (not much…)

18. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    It's a coffee racer' nothing else. The owners butler will follow with the luggage in a Purosanque

19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier

Ahahah no worries, I had an hesitation on that word but was to lazy to check my usual online dictionary.

Thanks Realzeus ! Europe unit ahah

SCEye, of2worlds and REALZEUS like this.
  20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Absolutely,I had the same feeling. The engine seems to be literally buried inside the car.

21. OneD

OneD Karting

Mar 18, 2012
    I share this view and I don’t really understand the need for the boot to be so « high » above the engine. What was the need to « cut » the line from the roof down ?

They could also have had a « flat » cover as in V8 cars before 360 Modena ?!

Mj_1963217 and ingegnere like this.
  22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    A friend of nine that was at the launch asked a engenier and the car weights at least 1800kg kerb.
    Yes it heavy, and since the electric engines stop pushing at a certain speed the 200 to 300+ speed will be affected.
    Regarding sound, people sound is dead! It’s just how new norms work! So my 458 Spider will die by my side.
    Particle filters kill the joy and that’s it.
    My last hope is electric turbos which bring me to the next topic....

I can see the new la Ferrari having finally the electric turbos we talk about so much and those alone will give the car 900/1000 hp plus even better electric and we should have a Megawatt halo Ferrari.

After the launch of the halo car we should see its technology (carbon fiber chassis and electric turbos) in the replacement of the SF90. That car will be really interesting and the one I’m aiming (say 1300/1400 hp and hopefully 1600kg).

This car for me it’s a win but I’ll sit on the fence because it’s the first hybrid (learning curve) and Mclaren will launch a lighter and more powerful car making Ferrari react for the second generation SF90.

McLaren’s war against weight is why I think they will win the battle of these first generation hybrids. I expect the Mac competitor to have 1100hp and real 1650kg as opposed to 1000hp and 1800 kg.
    I also hope the hybrid Mac electric engines don’t stop accelerating after a certain speed actually helping the car going faster from 200+ speeds instead of being just dead weight.
    I wish Ferrari copies this...that’s why the 918 as the slowest at higher speeds....

Tesla Roadster will probably kick everyone’s ass making the next generation super hybrids of ICE brands even better and we will benefit from this. So thank Tesla!

Finally, I’m truly eager to spend 600-900k in my next Megawatt hybrid from Ferrari (mac if F screws up!) truly amazing Times!

P.S - a great car coming from Ferrari will be the 812 Spider. Ferrari if possible don’t install any gasoline particle filter please!!

23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Agree about high and heavy rear. See my previous posts on this:

crinoid and OneD like this.
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Nice post, thank you.

Flying butresses, they look nice on cathedrals and are appealing to architects (like Manzoni who is sketching here) but they don't serve any purpose on a car. They just make the mid section look bloated as has been commented already. They do look nice on this rear elevation sketch though :)
    Also interesting to note that in the following sketch Manzoni eliminated the awkward "upper deck" and in effect simplified the rear end. Maybe a Freudian slip (?) ;)

crinoid, OneD, isot and 3 others like this.