NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 116 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  2. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Sorry...too much going on here and complexity isn’t beautiful ...reminds me of a Lambo not a Ferrari. I like the simpler aggressive yet aesthetically beautiful Ferraris...last one in my opinion was the Speciale. No need to attack me it’s just an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I genuinely think this IS Falvio’s best work to date. The design works! ...and it does so more harmoniously than any of his previous work.

4. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    Is it me, or does it look like the Grigio one has a larger rear wing/spoiler than the Giallo or Rossa one?

5. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, it has the special performance package.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and MassAppeal like this.
  6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Sorry, but to me everything behind the doors is way overdone and awkward. Fortunately for Ferrari, I am definitely -not- in the target market.

furoni, balcis and kandi like this.
  7. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Wow, the whole rear decklid can be cf.

8. Russell33

Russell33 Rookie

May 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dave lane
    Has anyone heard anything about official 1/4mile times? Should be definitely under 10sec range at close to 150mph. The Laferrari has been clocked at sub 10s and almost 150mph so it's not unreasonable.

I feel like the 0-100kmh time is an underestimate too. The Laferrari was timed at as little as 2.4 sec in some tests, with AWD the SF90 should be able to atleast consistently do 2.5 at less.

Ferrari is back in the game, this will be the quickest non limited production car you can buy once it comes out.

Maggio23 likes this.
  9. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Enjoy the launch!

Lukeylikey likes this.
  10. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Anyone invited at the Maranallo sf90s Embargo knows if is possible to arrive and park non italian car ?

11. ZorroPlateado

ZorroPlateado Rookie

Jul 29, 2013
    UK
    We know what they can do with this engine. 780hp in SF90 format. F8 lightweight with 780hp engine and and 8 speed box (both already developed in the SF90). Sounds like an easy money spinner that will sell like hot cakes. Put my name on the list for that one!

of2worlds likes this.
  12. JimmyChooToo

JimmyChooToo Karting

Aug 7, 2017

That particular 8 speed in a “F8 lightweight” would have no reverse gear. You would need to get out and push. Probably not a brand new gearbox like the Koenigsegg 9-speed. They just took out reverse and added another forward gear. That works if you have electric motors for reverse. It would not in the F8.

Caeruleus11, Senna1994 and tekaefixe like this.
  13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Asked & answered in the new thread as 95 litres which is about the size of a carry-on airline case......

ajr550 likes this.
  15. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Doubt that box will be used in a non-hybrid car

16. goldface

goldface Rookie

Dec 23, 2009
    Switzerland
    I really like the design of the front and sideview. Finally the side air intakes looks more integrated in comparison to the 488 and F8. The only thing and I can not understand is the fact that this car is really big with a length of 4710mm. I was expecting something more compact within 4400 and 4500mm. Maybe the next V6 series will be smaller?

17. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Is the exposed carbon deck lid a standard feature of the Fiorano pack or an additional option?

18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    From what I've read, doors and bonnet in carbon come with the pack. I suppose they'll offer the bonnet as an option for the rest.

19. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Merci George!

Doug23 likes this.
  20. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Many thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

21. ZorroPlateado

ZorroPlateado Rookie

Jul 29, 2013
    UK
    They didn’t mention the no reverse cog in the gearbox at last nights presentation but I have subsequently picked it up from the press coverage.

The new car looks great in the flesh. The rear deck is a tad heavy to my eyes, but that is being very critical. The engine is so low in the body that you almost need binoculars to see it through the rear deck. The inside is very clean and fresh and the new carbon “racing” seats look amazing. Lots of positive feedback at the launch. This will see well if they price it in line with the speculation.

And the launch party was a lot of fun.

22. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    If I had to pick one thing that blew me away, it was the low position of the engine.The handling must be incredible!
    I think also the new torque vectoring sounds amazing

Do we know if the red car was a standard red or a special one? I thought it looked lighter than Corsa but darker than Scuderia. Great colour

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Melvok and of2worlds like this.
  24. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I’m sure the rear mirror view is practically nonexistent (not that it matters for some but I am sure law enforcement appreciate it as they come up on you to pull you over) and the blind spots must me enormous with those high intakes making lane changes a bit scary but overall nice design. Now only if it could have been lighter in weight ...

F2003-GA likes this.
  25. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I sat in the car and it was pretty good actually. Compared to an Aventador it has the rear visibility of a Mercedes sedan