Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    I actually love the looks of this car. I contacted a dealer today to possibly buy the first new Ferrari of my life specifically to my preference. I am hopeful that the new customer initiative is actually in effect. Otherwise there is always a McLaren or another Lamborghini ready to take a check. Fingers crossed I'll let you know. By the way did i say I love this car! Wow. Ps Marcel Massini's posts on this thread are hilarious. Someday I hope to have a car he would check into. Loving new doesn't mean giving up on classics.

2. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    very very nice

3. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Side intake so much more integrated and cohesive than with the 488 et al.

Otherwise there's a lot going on design-wise. I prefer the Battista aesthetically.

Pininfarina aren't afraid to keep things simple.

[​IMG]

4. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I’ve had the exact same thoughts.

What I have observed in consumer products is that with increasing digitization you have a transition into planned obsolescence in product design and a much more of a disposable quality. I’m not saying disposable as in cheap but disposable as in a finite lifespan, be it from hardware that cannot keep up with the latest software or a manufacturers decision to no longer support earlier iterations or of the reliance on small suppliers for key components that go out of business.

I have got some more decades of car buying ahead of me so it may be that my opinions will evolve out of necessity but for at least the near future I am not planning on adding any very costly hybrid automobiles to my garage.

Patricia2020, Bundy and HotShoe like this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    people ***** about paying 8,500 for an engine out service every few years on a 355. what kind of commitment will these things have when 40K, 50, k repair bills start popping up? the market is so saturated with number of cars i cant see how things will look rosy in 5 yrs...

crinoid, LARRYH, nmcclure and 2 others like this.
  6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Wow that’s super heavy!!
    It could have 3000hp, in a track you would still fell heavy and not agile at all...

7. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I did car research for a friend who was shopping awhile back (so my numbers may be off and I’m happy to be corrected).

Used Early Prius model pricing had an odd drop off at about 7 years. Why? My conclusion: battery life expectancy was ~7y. Battery replacement would be >50% of the vehicle purchase price.

Add a zero or two to the prices for the Ferrari Modifier Calculation. Yeah, that’s gonna hurt. I think the used market will have a second tier develop for cars that have passed their expiration date.

Add to that the non-modular construction of the digital interface and you have something that cannot be upgraded beyond software.

Patricia2020 likes this.
  8. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    Will SF90 Stradale have a convertible version ?!

Patricia2020, ggbh8 and F2003-GA like this.
  9. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    People are just waking up to the Ferrari modifier calculation for the LaFerrari. A few early cars are on the market are in need of a new battery, and replacement is apparently over €150k.

C50 and of2worlds like this.
  10. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Does anyone have pictures of the displayed bare chassis?

11. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Yes he is, more than anyone here!

12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    makes sense - i paid $21k for a 60 inc plasma tv in 2005 - im very happy holding my pre 2013 ferraris for 10 years and revisiting the plethora of options at massively discounted prices in 2029.

Ash Patel and C50 like this.
  13. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Can someone post pictures of the HUD projecting in the dash window?

ggbh8 and tomc like this.
  14. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    What do you mean you saw Ferrari's latest supercar driving in the HOV lane into our fine city? Smug ****** with go green bumper sticker too? Oh my. This won't do at all.

At least there will thumbs up from public opinion now. Well done Ferrari. Super car still not dead yet.

tomc likes this.
  15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Lest face it Ferrari has been loosing out to the Mclaren 720 on everything besides looks. 1000hp has been the new goal for a while, and for China and europe hybrid is the way to go. Plus it never made sense that the Fe ferrarris were faster than the theoreticaly more dynamic ME ones.

The design of this car could be a lotus/corvette pastiche, but besides the 458 modern ferraris have mostly not been lookers..

So now ferrari has its new performance halo car. Its inetresting that nearly everybody here is focussed on 0-60 which for a race car, or race car inspired car is irrelevant. This car is a really havy car, which by defnition can never be great on track past 4 laps, in fact ferrari iself says batteries get dpeleted on treack.

It's a hey look at me vanity car, with unuseable road performance, which is what 99% of ferraris are about these days.

Now for the positive, maybe Ferrari is learnign from porche and Mclaren, where one body/tub can be spun into multiple different models, with multiple appeals. Porche with the GT3 through every iteration of 911to the turbo and even sharing major bits with the cayman. Mclaren has spun their tub and same motor into how many models from 200k-400k.

So we have a new ferrari platform that may comprise multiple me models with different featuresd an styling. Looking at the poisitive, all that effort at weight saving to try negate the battery and electric motor wieight can pay huge dividends if there is a non hybrid TTv6. built of that platform, the ttv6 itself will weigh less than the ttv8.

So possibly we may see a sub 3000lbs wet, 600+hp TTv6 me car, and being a v6 it can be priced less, I think thats the ferrari a number of us may prefer..

Of course Ferrari may just be all hybrid now regardless of me model, in which case for anyone who really excercises their car, they will all be heavy and suck beyond having great magazine metrics.

my bet is ferrari is building a range of me cars off one platform and while they may be related they they wont all be hybrid or heavy

As to the tech aging, yes for sure, and used ferrari prices for 10yo models will be like other cars, but hey theyre a public company now and its all about sales and profits.

But this car, for many buyers and markets, for sure it will sell out for a few years.

If you want classic italian supercar, that can also work on track, its called the hurrucan performante.

16. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Looks great in one color. I typically like the black roof look, but for some reason the mono color works better on this car. It's probably because the body is somewhat "busy" and the one color reduces the noise.

bwshihtzu, James Evans, tomc and 4 others like this.
  17. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    All this extra weight
    Have the brakes been upgraded??

18. TomLikesCars

TomLikesCars Karting

Feb 27, 2019
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harris
    Patricia2020 likes this.
  19. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
  20. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Amazing w the plasma
    My sister had similar and ultimately it gave up the ghost.
    When’s the last time anyone shopped the vintage computer store to by an 80s era mainframe?

21. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    The hybrid system adds a lot of weight with the batteries so they had little choice. They could have used a carbon chassis to help I guess but chose not to probably for cost reasons.

CeroEspada likes this.
  22. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    I never realized the batteries made it that much heavier. Jeez. 300kg seems like too much of a sacrifice for minimal gains.

Sent from my SM-G955U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tekaefixe likes this.
  23. icemangr04

icemangr04 Rookie

Dec 12, 2004
    Greece, Athens
    If I am not mistaken I haven't seen on the tech specs the torque from the electric motors. Engine torque is mentioned at 800NM and If I read correctly it all comes from the V8. Shouldn't it be a torque figure for the electric motors? For example Porsche claimed 1280 NM of torque for the 918 with 540 NM coming from the V8 and the rest from the electric motor.

Doug23 and tekaefixe like this.
  24. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    As others have said, hybrid system plus batteries are like 700-1000lbs. Given that most ferrari buyers want bragging rights(0-60 and 1 quick lap)) and in your face styling, the extra weight is an irrlevancy.

Maybe we'll get lucky and theyll make a drivers car off this platform too.

F2003-GA and CeroEspada like this.
  25. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    The Battista is beautiful.

However, we must remember that the SF90 still has a petrol V8 engine (lets celebrate it while we can!!!), so the need for air inlets and outlets is very different.

I guess its difficult to have the best at everything.

elmadi likes this.