Poll: Pick 3 out of 4 for your garage: 458, Pista, SF90, and/or 812SF | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Poll: Pick 3 out of 4 for your garage: 458, Pista, SF90, and/or 812SF

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by gzachary, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Poll: Pick 3 out of 4 for your garage: 458, Pista, SF90, and/or 812SF

Poll closed Jun 12, 2019.
  1. 458

51 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Pista

79 vote(s)
    77.5%
  3. SF90

69 vote(s)
    67.6%
  4. 812SF

86 vote(s)
    84.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    It looks like a Vette.

SF90, Pista, etc. look more supercarish.

Ash Patel likes this.
  2. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    depends on your preference on looks but agree that the 812 looks more as muscle car style and not that mich in your face and the F8 line more extreme if that is what you're looking for spending these type of money

3. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Well, thought you said it didn't look good, if you mean it's does not have the same look as a rear-mid-engine supercar, you are correct.

But, as for a 'vette, I think it probably looks more like a Viper:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ok, so this last one isn't a vette, viper or an 812, but, just for comparison :)

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Ya gotta love the internet.
    Someone throws out there a poll to ask a question that is relevant to him and a bunch of keyboard warriors pile on about his "folly."

I owned a 458 Italia, got rid of it for a Speciale that I still own, and I drive the wheels of my 458 Spider which I also own along with the Speciale.
    I can tell you with 100% certainty, as a devoted Ferraristi, that the 458 is definitely still relevant; in fact, so relevant that I would absolutely take one over an SF90 (cost/investment considerations aside).
    When one posts a poll like this intelligent people can tell immediately that the issue of price and collectability are being put aside...otherwise every question like this would just come down to a calculation of MSRP and rarity...and that obviously isn't the intent of inciting a discussion. So someone mentioning F40, F50, etc is pure cerebral laziness.

Cars are already too fast for the streets.
    I am a pretty good driver with a fair amount of track time, not a lot, but enough to post respectable laps at various tracks like COTA and Sebring.
    I defy anyone here, without jeopardizing the public with insane driving to "lose me" on country roads/twisties/canyons/highway, etc. in their SF90 and me in a 458 Italia. Let me be clear, I am not talking about lap times at COTA, I am talking about the conditions that 99% of these cars see...the open roads around the World.
    Yes, you can go faster...yes you can be arrested and you can ultimately do something so stupid you'll spend time in jail for manslaughter.

A 562 HP relatively light and nimble sportscar with low center of gravity and excellent brakes can more than exceed the vast majority of road conditions and "balls" of 99% of drivers.

I doubt the Pista is any "better" than my Speciale, that is why I turned it down..
    I would love an 812 Spider though, that will be an amazing driving "experience" without pretending to be a road warrior.

tekaefixe and Roland1688 like this.
  5. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    It is quite interesting.
    I have 812 and Pista is coming.I contemplated SF90 but would not trade either of the existing cars for the new model.They both do the jobs they are intended for better IMHO.
    If I could only have one car though the SF90 might be best compromise.