Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    LaFerrari replacement, okay understood. I didn’t have that one on the radar.

Design wise I very much like the SF90, so that’s good news.

Can you say something when we will see a carbon tub in a range model?

2. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    I KNOW most (a majority?) have stated this already but that front hood spoiler gets more and more atrocious the more I see it.

HotShoe likes this.
  3. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Are you talking about the Little brother or a limited model?

4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    NA special version
    Little brother for 2022, much better design

5. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    So might it be the rumoured Testarossa Icona?

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    SF90 USD $550k bones.

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It does look much better in a video than 2D pics

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Base price? Before Fiorano Asetto.

9. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Just asked the engineers at the official SF90 introduction here in Maranello how does it works: Fully automatic. When the computer notes a side or negative g force or ASR operating, the rear wing goes down deploying the Gurney flap and so increasing the downforce . Otherwise it's always in the raised position with the air slot open and the Gurney flap concealed (low drag anf low downforce mode)

Ciao

REALZEUS, stavura, Doug23 and 4 others like this.
  11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Just seen the car live: it looks ten times better in real life than in pictures. Great design. A ton of innovations. Supercar. I prefer the standard, not the Assetto Fiorano.

ciao

Senna1994, stavura, mofatmi9 and 5 others like this.
  12. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #788 boxerman, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    There’s more of a difference than limited supply, but none of Thise were actually buyable other than to the chosen few who weee mostly collectors etc.

Core drives car to me is something akin to a 600lt or gt3 built in series production, something you can walk in order and actually buy, in other words a regular series production car.

From Ferrari for a core drivers car I would expect well under 3000lbs wet, minimal frippery great steering feel maybe no eps even etc and buyable tomorder for under 300k.

In other words something g you really can take to the track without blowing 5k per day, something fun on the road at semi sane speeds, light lithe compact great sounding and viceral

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Interestingly these guys saying production will be 2000 per year ...over 4 years. That's quite a lot! (if true)

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Ok so the money will be worth less, let’s say 100-130k in today’s money, more or less what we see for a 599 a 550 and we’ll above where 355”s and 360’s are l.

In fact if you consider the premium people paid for 599s they’re at 20% of that.

Resale in the new era won’t be as strong as it was before , maybe it won’t be as bad as it was in the 70’s when people were trading Daytona’s for new Vettes and 246’s were 12k, but my point is the resale on this car won’t follow the more recent trend especially when you get to the third owner and the model is 2x obsolete.

What’s obscene to me is the obsession with resale, theee are cars for driving and frankly if they really drive so great they would be kept long term.

DRYHOLE likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Looks like the F8 is your last chance to pick up anything new close to your ideal.Same top speed as SF90 Stradale at 1/2 the price. Ok not great sound/visceral .I might be heading in that direction too.or a Scud:).

LB the V6 TT hybrid will be at least Pista price,in 2 years time.

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Alberto great news you were able to see this new car LIVE after all the build up for months now!!!

17. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Interesting that you prefer the standard vs Fiorano version. I need to see more photos of each before drawing a conclusion, but part of me wonders if the rear spoiler on the Fiorano is too aggressive.

18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You’re correct however the issue is that the more electronic tech they imbed in the car the more disposable they become. This is the crux of the issue. If they simply built the best mechanical car they could build and minimized the electronics it could be loved, driven, and maintained forever.

of2worlds, DRYHOLE, tekaefixe and 2 others like this.
  19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How do you figure? If you buy a 20 year old flashlight, does it not still work with AA batteries for 2019?

20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You’d argue with a F’n brick wall. Come on dude nobody wants to **** with yesterday’s computer. How many 10-year-old laptops or desktops do you or anyone else buy. NONE.