355 - New 1995 F355 Berlinetta owner. *pics* | FerrariChat

355 New 1995 F355 Berlinetta owner. *pics*

Discussion in '348/355' started by Shurik355, May 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    Hi guys, not long ago I had a thread about purchasing this red 1995 F355 Berlinetta. It was owned by the member here "LipViper" some guys might know him.
    So i finally pulled a plug and purchased my dream car =) I didn't have time to actually fly over and go over the car. I took a leap of faith and pulled a plug. I did talk to LipViper about the car, and with mechanic that did the recent engine out service. So i found out about the car as much as I could since I was unable to check it in person.

The car isn't perfect as expected. There are few paint flaws, rock chips, some nicks here and there that I will need to take care of down the road.
    Needs to recover the dash, hand brake, and the speedometer cluster. Take care of the stickies with the vents, and some center buttons.
    But the first thing is, it needs new tires, the rear ones are basically shot. And the hand brake does not work.
    Here are the pics guys.
    More info to come, and the progress of the car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login thumbnail_IMG_3986 by Alex Velet, on Flickr
    Image Unavailable, Please Login thumbnail_IMG_3988 by Alex Velet, on Flickr
    Image Unavailable, Please Login thumbnail_IMG_3989 by Alex Velet, on Flickr
    Image Unavailable, Please Login thumbnail_207D6605-ADBF-4EBB-92CA-876D70EE4B27 by Alex Velet, on Flickr
    Image Unavailable, Please Login thumbnail_4BA6334D-9B49-40AC-8C8B-263C56796F22 by Alex Velet, on Flickr

of2worlds, Yassa, eyeman1234 and 9 others like this.
  2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Awesome and congrats ;)
    Get it out of the garage and onto the road.

19633500GT and Jakuzzi like this.
  3. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    Congrats on the 355. Livin' the dream.

4. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    As a recent new owner of a 355 I know the excitement of finally having that dream car in your garage so congratulations and a '95 is a great choice for a 355.

I also had to repair my handbrake in the first week of ownership so don't feel bad. Yours probably only needs adjustment at the central cable adjuster where the single cable from the handbrake lever meets the cables going to the rear hubs. If that doesn't work you should try to adjust the brake shoes at the rear hubs and that is a simple matter of using a screwdriver to spin a star wheel adjuster through the adjustment hole in the rear brake discs. If it is the cable that needs adjustment is is just a matter of adjusting the nut on the end of the single cable and you can access that without removing any of the wheels. If you need any details on how to do any of this just send me a PM and I will walk you through it.

of2worlds and Shurik355 like this.
  5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Congrats. Drive it often.

Robb

6. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Pulled the trigger? Pulled the plug sounds like you let the idea die. Congrats! Looks great :)

Ryan... and Robb like this.
  7. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    Thanks guys! I was roaming the rarri chat for quite a while as you can see there, but finally decided to get it. =)

haha yes you got it, I meant the trigger =D

Ryan... likes this.
  8. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Congrats,
    Enjoy the car, and if you can do the work yourself you will find it very rewarding. After working on Chevy's for a long time, I find the 355 to be a lot easier to work on than I had expected. The key is to not rush it and be as meticulous as possible. Oh, and of course drive it as often as possible :)

steved033 likes this.
  9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Pulling the plug to drain to his bank account...

Enjoy it!! They're wonderful machines.

sjd

INTMD8 and Qavion like this.
  10. suleyman

suleyman Rookie

Apr 22, 2014
    PNW
    Congrats! 1995 is the best year, well played! :D It's already more valuable than when you purchased, maybe.

Shurik355 likes this.
  11. Laserman

Laserman Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Minneapolis, MN
    Congrats on the purchase. See you also have a 370Z or 350Z in the pictures. I have a 96' 355 and a 10' 370Z . Love them both but for different reasons.

12. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    Thanks guys!

Yeah I got a 2010 40th anniversary 370Z as well. Car is kinda currently for sale. I love my 370z as well, but I might gonna have to let her go since I got a 355.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Zzzz by Alex Velet, on Flickr

13. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
  14. Laserman

Laserman Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Minneapolis, MN
    My 370Z is a 40th Anniversary as well. Build #862. It is bone stock.

What is your build number? I am looking to sell as well mostly because I don't have a good place to store it.

The nice thing about it is that it is highly reliable, always ready and raring to go. Just wash it and it can make the car show.

Yours looks like you have done some nice customizing, wheels, badging, rear bumper and running boards.

Looks nice.

Good luck, I can't get anyone to even look at the car even with less than 16K on the clock. In winter climates it a tough sell unless you can store it all winter like mine.

Might have to resort to Carvana or Truecar.

15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Were you looking for spacers? Thought I saw a post somewhere. I have a rare set (pair) of new 25mm spacers. Comes with a bolt set. This is good for the front wheels as it will give a more flush look. You won't find spacers extending beyond 15mm and you'll need to get longer bolts. You can use your stock bolts with this spacer kit.

16. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    Thank you! My build # is 525, and yes I like the Z as well. Great car! Your Z only got 16K miles? that's low, wow! Mine is at 29K miles.

Yes I was the one looking at spacers. I did pick up a new set on Monday. What did you run 25mm on???

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Didn’t run them. I have challenge wheels.

18. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker