Ford vs. Ferrari director promises minimum CGI in "Ford v. Ferrari" | FerrariChat

Ford vs. Ferrari director promises minimum CGI in "Ford v. Ferrari"

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by bitzman, May 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #2 F1tommy, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Looks like they will have some nice vintage cars in the movie. Here are a few more photos from the trailer. I hope the Ferrari guys brought theirs out for the picture, although I am sure the movie has a lot of FORD biased writing.

Kind of strange how America thought of Ferrari as them foreigners, but now they think of Toyota and Japanese/Korean car brands as American because they see them all over the place and they THINK they are made in the USA and could care less about REAL American brands. Americans are out of touch with reality now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Is that Derek Hill on the left?

4. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    And the Ford was a Lola and the cobra an AC ;)

F1tommy likes this.
  5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The 1966 and prior cars were sort of Lola based but the 1967 cars were American designs. The Shelby Cobra was made in England by AC with FORD motors built by FORD and installed by Shelby, and he took all the credit.

gt4me likes this.
  6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    The current issue of AutoMobilia Resource magazine (issue #5) has a letter/article & photos from Allen Kuhn with who supplied some of his period racing images for Shelby's office in the film. Worth a look.

7. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Just seen the trailer. Don't think I'll be bothering to go and see the film...

8. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just previewed the Trailer… It’s a one-sided movie IMO and I’ve always dislike Fords, extremely glad Enzo told them to pound-sand when Ford almost acquired them… Its unfortunately Ferrari is seen the “bad” company / rival, so yeah might have to sit this one out!!!

9. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Specifically for F1 Tommy
    When Shelby received the first Cobra from UK with the AC badge he removed the badges and put on a Shelby insignia using the same screw holes..But I think he was ordering the cars, he should call the shots. I heard that Colin Chapman irritated Henry Ford II by insisting that the Lotus-Ford ordered for the Indy 500 be called a Lotus Ford, which is why I think he didn't get invited to design the LeMans racer. Ford wanted a Ford-Ford so to speak. If anybody has a detailed article telling about that I'd be happy to trade an 11"x 17" color print of my Ferrari or Cobra painting for a copy of that article. Now on the King Cobra, a Cooper, it was the press who coined the phrase King Cobra but maybe Shelby still entered it as a Cooper. I dont think Ford even considered that car as a basis for their LeMans car because it was reportedly already obsolete by 1963. Anybody got any articles on that?