Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 38 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. showme1946

showme1946 Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    Columbia, Missouri
    Full Name:
    George Rickerson

From the front 3/4 the yellow one looks really good; but from the rear 3/4 it looks very hippy. I think I will just focus on trying to see it from pleasing angles and not worry about the others.

2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Actually he probably discovered the actual performance fell short of predicted to which he commented something about going back and reviewing the data to understand better. :) (Hint: not enough downforce)

of2worlds likes this.
  3. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    If anyone has photoshop skills, would love to see one in all black... suspect the configurator won't be up for a while.

Was anticipating keeping my 720S until the 7xxLT or 720S replacement arrives in 2-4 years, and adding a pre-owned 812SF in another year or two (yes I'm waiting for them to depreciate). But now I'm rethinking everything. There is an all-black LaFerrari here in town which is my all-time favorite car... LaF well out of reach for me but SF90 Stradale might be perfect. I'm liking the photos and videos and of course it will be much more dramatic in person. And I love the new interior. Local dealer told me a EU car will be sent to USA in the next few months for homologation and will be paraded around, very excited to see it!

stavura and of2worlds like this.
  4. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Lol I keep searching to find a pic to change my mind.

Then I see this shot/angle and every fiber of my being screams corvette or Pontiac to me. I don’t see a trace of Ferrari DNA. It’s almost as nauseating as the Camaro taillights!

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    How do you think this electrical thing will work out when Ferrari has major issues with non hybrid powered cars? I can only imagine the gremlins that will surface in this thing

sampelligrino, Shadowfax and dustman like this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Be careful buying the first year of this model.

7. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Who cares if the Valkyrie is impractical? Supercars/ Hypercars are impractical per definition. If you want to cruise along the boulevard there are plenty other cars to choose from.

8. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    I agree :)

ajr550 likes this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    This is a very good point.

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    Titanfall 2 had the best campaign for a FPS I've played in years.

dustman likes this.
  11. magf12

magf12 Rookie

Apr 27, 2013
    I'm no fortune teller but I predict that the 812 replacement & GTC4 replacement will both use a detuned version of this SF90 hybrid drivetrain. The Ferrari SUV will use both a detuned version of this SF90 drivetrain and the coming V6 hybrid drivetrain. Meanwhile, the F8 replacement and Portofino replacement will use the coming V6 hybrid drivetrain.:)

of2worlds likes this.
  12. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's generally very good advice particularly on a brand new vehicle. Doubt I would get one first year anyway, since I have no history with Ferrari... yet. My first year 720S has been fine but a lot of the internals were carried over or derived from 650S so already had issues fixed. And the low VIN cars did have some problems for sure.

13. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm really disappointed in the direction Ferrari chose to go with the SF90 Stradale. From the styling to the specs (almost) everything is wrong IMHO. I could not see myself ever purchasing this car and that is sad because I'm a huge Ferrari fan. The negatives are almost too long to list but here are a few of the top deal breakers for me:
    1.) The exterior design is horrible IMO. With the exception of the straight-on front view and possibly the side view, the exterior design is awful. The styling of the entire rear end (including the engine bay cover area) is simply bad. This car may look good with an Acura badge on the hood but not a prancing horse.

2.) The AWD system and everything that goes along with that (i.e., deadened steering feel, extra weight, etc.) is not suitable for a pure Ferrari sports car IMHO.

3.) A plug-in hybrid system is simply not Ferrari-like. I know this is the wave of the future (even for Ferrari) but I don't like it...

On a positive note, I think Ferrari did a good job with the interior styling. Perhaps the car will look far better in person but I'm not too optimistic that this will be the case. It's particularly disheartening to me because I thought Ferrari has been hitting design home runs since the introduction of the 458, of which I think the SF90 is a direct evolutionary descendent stylistically (458-488-F8-SF90).

kandi likes this.
  14. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Well, it is faster and you can drive it on the street in the states, and it is a mid 8 turbo hybrid with advanced instrumentation, so, no.

skinguy23 likes this.
  15. ggbh8

ggbh8 Rookie

Jul 18, 2011
    Patras, Greece
    Full Name:
    George
    Does anybody know if the bumpy road mode is still available? Can't see any button on the steering wheel for it.

16. ilikefastcars1

ilikefastcars1 Karting

Dec 11, 2010
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yes, still available. Button is integrated in the Manettino button

17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I bet a pizza (in a Pizzeria here in Maranello, the day you will come here to vist the Motor Valley) that within a year you will like a lot that shape. And an you will do an important first step in that direction the very first time you will see the car with your eyes and listen to the engine sound.

ciao

DreamCarrera, Shack and jpalmito like this.
  18. ggbh8

ggbh8 Rookie

Jul 18, 2011
    Patras, Greece
    Full Name:
    George
    Thanks

19. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Tyres Michelin Pilotsportcup 2

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and tekaefixe like this.
  20. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I truly think the weird back with little spider window and funny stuff is just because if they had put a normal window when you look you almost don’t see the engine because it’s so low and tucked in. Which would be strange when compared with a 458 but really ok.
    At least better than this mess...

21. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    And for the non fiorano pack?

22. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France