anybody notice that the new mercedes amg gt 4 door.... | FerrariChat

anybody notice that the new mercedes amg gt 4 door....

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by ross, Jun 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ....looks like a panamera?

the panamera has never been voted best looking car, and the first gen rear end certainly left something to be desired.....and yet, the mercedes designers have copied it very closely.

bizarre.

btw, the panamera wagon is one of the coolest cars out there imo.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Not particularly. It is essentially to closest competitor to the Panamera on the market and what MB was gunning for.

3. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Ross, I agree about the wagon, but I hear you and I may be the only potential buyers.

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  5. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    They don’t look similar at all in person in my opinion.

6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  7. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  8. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    saw them in person yesterday and it is precisely because of that sighting that i posted this thread.
    i guess it just depends on how you look at them.

9. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Funny you brought this up as I passed a GT S63 being test driven yesterday. Honestly, I'm on the fence lookwise as I felt the coupe was perfect and it just looks odd stretch into a four door chassis. It does somewhat resemble the Panamera in proportions but I find the GT better looking overall except for the shooting brake version of the P car.

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This Merc AMG GT 4 door is so ugly that I just try to act like it doesn’t exist, getting through life without letting this horrifying fact overwhelm me.

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I don't think they look a like at all, and the Panamera is still not something I like looking at. I was invited to drive the 4 door AMG, which I politely passed on. I see no purpose for a 4 door car like that or the Panamera. Four for me a luxury cars should be like my S class with reclining back seats and a refrigerator in between the seats to keep things chilled. Then again, I am not normal.

12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I was looking for a new "daily" to replace my Supersports recently and GT63S was a candidate.
    Lots of fun and terrific handler but turned it down as the ride was too stiff and fidgety on Chicago pothole filled roads.
    Back seat useless for anyone over 5'6".
    Decided on a true and safe choice, S63, incredible comfort, still a good handler and great performance, in daily grind, the latter a negligible difference to Panamera TTS or GT63S.
    Panamera was more livable with then the GT but a few hundred pounds heavier then the tank like S63 and not as practical.
    My choice also blends with traffic here much better and does not attract as much attention which is a plus for me.
    In a better environment, with better roads and for a guy who does not need a room for 2 passengers over 6'5" (my 2 sons riding occasionally), the GT63 would be a terrific choice.

13. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    If you look at the performance, specs and prices, it is closer to the Panamera. The MB is an AMG product, rather than the CLS which would be closer to the A7. And the A7 you posted was the previous generation.