Alfa Romeo Stelvio | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by that boy asad, Nov 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Radio silence from Alfa USA on the test drive. That's a big mistake if this is widespread. Does anyone have a way to identify the head of Alfa USA?

2. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I am a die-hard Alfa fan and have owned a ton of Alfas since the early nineties in both Europe and the US, and have been waiting since 1995 for Alfa to return to the US. I am willing to give them a lot of slack for my love of the handling dynamics, engines+drivetrain, and design of the cars. I still own a few older ones, and we have a 4c LE, a Giulia Ti Sport rwd, and a Giulia Quadrifoglio of the current line-up - all incredible cars IMO, but you really have to know what you get into. Don't expect BMW, Audi, or Mercedes customer service, heck, don't expect that from Ferrari either... lol... but, the Alfa compares favorably with its immediate competitor products from other European brands in terms of the product itself IMO, and it is natural for people to expect a similar customer service experience. Unfortunately, they are just not there yet IMO, but will eventually get there, hopefully...

3. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    BTW, Reid Bigland was CEO of Alfa Romeo in NA when we bought our Giulias, but I think it is now Tim Kuniskis that has taken over. In the past with BMW, and an insurance company I have had success in guessing the CEOs email address from seeing how they usually construct their email addresses based on people's names. It worked wonders, as the high-ups usually understand the importance of customer satisfaction, and in both cases I was contacted by an executive assistance who immediately addressed and resolved my concerns. Maybe try [email protected]

4. JSR29

JSR29 Rookie

Jan 5, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Full Name:
    Scott Rothermel
    If you sent a “test drive request” to a OEM website all you did was create a sales lead that that the OEM may have sent to the closest dealer. Maybe. And maybe they paid attention to it. Maybe. Probably the dealer you were already dealing with. They took one look at it a and said “oh, that guy” and **** canned it. Not saying it’s right but that’s how it works.

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    there is a Stelvio forum www.stelvioforum.com. Go there and there is/are users from Alfa USA in Auburn Hills,MI, AlfaRomeoCares. Contact them on the forum site. They respond to questions.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    great review, thanks for posting
    'alfa's best built the engine then left the cleaning staff to build everything else'. love clarkson

7. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    12,000 + miles and not a single issue with the Stelvio.
    It has to be one of the best cars I have owned: acceleration is amazing and so is the handling
    The Conti Crosstrack it came with are also a revelation

sjmst, jm2 and G. Pepper like this.
  8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I'm equally happy with my Stelvio
    so far so good, 1 year into my 2 yr lease

sjmst, Boomhauer and G. Pepper like this.
  9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    6 months with giulia ti sport awd and 4k miles. zero issues other than a nail in tire

Boomhauer likes this.
  10. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    ShineKen, jeffb99tx, sjmst and 3 others like this.