Any LS engine experts in the house | FerrariChat

Any LS engine experts in the house

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Subarubrat, Jun 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I am wrapping up the build of an LS swapped Miata. The diff is a G80 from a CTS-V, trans is a T6060 with T56 mag tail, and the engine is a 6.0L from a 2008 Pontiac G8. The engine will have a set of long tube headers, the stock intake manifold, and a Corvette Z06 air intake. There is a galaxy of possible head/cam and supporting parts to choose from and with the LS being the most commonly modified engine ever I am sure there are no hassle proven combos. With the absurd power to weight of an LS powered Miata I am not shooting for ultimate power, but I also don't feel great about all the untapped potential. I would like to order up one of the all in one kits and just use a proven formula. They do range widely from the GM performance that claims about 400Hp to the trick flow which claims 550Hp and I would rather have a good reliable combo than a corner cutting kit with big numbers that could be more trouble than it is worth.

What would your go to combo be for this 6.0L?

2. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Hello, you can call Dave Gilbert at https://www.facebook.com/WERKSracing/?eid=ARBi_5S_snszi11Lnrlr5LGmlik746l01XyR0uD37d-TGLEUAgKuIDrCwzQgrAcGkFPXxemUoW7mAmcA&timeline_context_item_type=intro_card_work&timeline_context_item_source=100000047777131&fref=tag

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    www.performanceautowerks.com
    he does a lot of LS conversions on Pontiac Solstice's
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login