Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 40 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Change interior to iroko or cioccolato alcantara, and I fully endorse this spec!

Btw, has any pic of a Stradale been published in which the roof is the same as body color?

T

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks for the tip - It'll be a while before you see pics of a monotone SP90 The roof is designed to be Bicolor just like the LaF

tomc likes this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    No bicolor is optional,
    Just a matter of taste but for me the Laferrari and this one will look better with a single color .

4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Doesn’t the spec plate show the bicolor roof as an option? I’m pretty sure it does. I wish I wasn’t so lazy or I would dig through the thread and find it.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I under stand it optional Its just that the roof is constructed and designed in such a way it behooves one to order it in a different color

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #981 Shadowfax, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    (One) of the main design problems is the abandonment of their trademark headlight and tail light designs which up until now have made it very easy to distinguish the brand as a Ferrari. These "new look" head and tail lights have now made it VERY difficult to identify the car as a Ferrari. So much so the general design of the car has relegated the brand to where it could be easily mistaken as a Pontiac or Dodge from the front and, a Camaro from the rear. The rear end is such a massive overuse of elements from so many different cars it's difficult to comprehend what they were thinking, least of all trying to achieve. There is zero originality going on here - just the rehashing of previous design elements all thrown together resulting in an extremely fussy confused look - the Camaro tail lights being the icing on the cake.

I recall when Porsche changed their headlights on the 996 to the fried egg look and they quickly learned it was a huge mistake.

Brand recognition is a very important especially when parting with the level of dollars they are asking.

Ohanoune, boogie, flyer47 and 6 others like this.
  7. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ohanoune, sfcorse, isot and 4 others like this.
  8. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I hope you are right. I'll gladly take you up on your bet if I ever make it to the Motor Valley.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
  10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    ^^ They look much better being ROUND

Challenge, sfcorse, SmokinV10 and 2 others like this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #986 Shadowfax, Jun 2, 2019
    I'm pretty sure this car will go down in history as the mistake that never should have been made. I've tried so hard trying to like it but the more I look at it the more I'm left shaking my head. I'm sure glad some like it but I must question whether it is just out of brand loyalty or, eccentricity.
    Like what's the story with that rear end with post box slot for rear view and all that other crazy bulbous bloating with a mass of frills!! It's added a whole new definition to the term cluster F.

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    So motherf___n' BETTER... Love the rendering

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    There are a lot of things to like and dislike about the SF90 IMO. But it is an engineering masterpiece. But and for me its the killer as I already knew from day one it was announced it has electrics.

No go for me . I don't care how much faster it is and or design. Frankly the power of the 488GTB is enough for me or even better PISTA or F8.

The car looks heavy like an Aventador and it is. Long gone are the days of a light Ferrari , replaced with batteries and electric motors :(

Just my opinion. Hold on my 488 GTB until the last possible F8 order and keep it forever. Doing that and with the 15 year upgradeable Ferrari warrantee Ill be 70 YO. Hope im still driving then :)

Ohanoune, kandi, tekaefixe and 3 others like this.
  14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Just realized why Ferrari went with squared taillights
    They're trying to avoid clashing with the massive round
    exhaust pipes which are in very close proximity - right ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. SmokinV10

SmokinV10 Karting

Oct 19, 2017
    You’re not alone in your sentiments. I’ve talked to more than a handful of exotic owners who are saying that this”last round” of pure internal combustion engine exotics will be part of their “forever” stable. The sentiments are consistent across Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo and pcar owners.

16. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I put my deposit down today hoping for the first car to be delivered. They will go through customers with history first and then go for new customers.

Yes it is dangerous to buy first year car. But will I keep it for many years? No. I will simply taste the car off and on the track hard for a year and then sell it.

So, waiting is not an option for me.

Also, as of now, I will order not AF but standard one. Will keep the price down as much possible with standard options and I like more cleaner look of standard car.

Deposit was $50,000 but I am not in US.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Are you going with black paint or the black roof with a different body color?

18. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I don’t think so if that costs extra.
    By the way, if I go for black then roof is black too lol...

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F2003-GA, of2worlds and davitd like this.
  19. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Is everyone else seeing the smiley face from the two exhaust pipes and the red piece under the license plate? The front half of this car looks great and everything after the rear pillars is garbage. It just looks awful. More manipulation of the original 458 design. Beyond disappointing. Way too expensive for another evolution of an old design.

Ohanoune and kandi like this.
  20. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Tail pipes too high. Doesn't look right. I do give them credit for the new dash and screen. Looks fantastic.

21. SmokinV10

SmokinV10 Karting

Oct 19, 2017
    #996 SmokinV10, Jun 2, 2019
    Just noticed how much Ferrari emulated the rear of the McLaren P1. Especially on the diffuser and reflectors.

Attached Files:

22. pcht5

pcht5 Karting

Jan 31, 2009
    Asia
    Full Name:
    PCHT 5
    kandi likes this.
  23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    No, sorry

ciao

mofatmi9, F2003-GA and perrinnation like this.
  24. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    No! Like that it would look like a tarantula and it would be awesome, specially the spider version!

tomc and Shadowfax like this.
  25. flyer47

flyer47 Rookie

Aug 6, 2018
    To start on a positive note, the interior, in particular the controls, dash and seats are awesome. IMO, they have achieved a very elegant solution to a difficult problem - how to integrate numerous controls and switches into the cabin environment. Very impressed with the result.

Unfortunately, the exterior doesn’t do it for me. Whilst I understand there’s a lot of aerodynamic treatment going on, the 458 Speciale and 488 Pista (and the standard 458) are much more elegant. As for the rear, well, I don’t know where to start..... simply put, to me, it’s awful. Too fussy, no elegance to it and the rear lights just aren’t up to Ferrari’s standards.

I’m sure it’ll go like hell, it has tons of horsepower and I’m sure it’ll handle brilliantly but it’s not for me.

I have a standard 458 and have no intention of selling it. It’s a beautifully designed car and has one of the best engines engines ever. Sure, the SF90 will be faster but there’s something very special about a high revving naturally aspirated engine.