SF90 Stradale - YES/NO/MAYBE | Page 5 | FerrariChat

SF90 Stradale - YES/NO/MAYBE

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

The new SF90 Stradale -

1. I ordered one

16.1%
  2. I will order one

9.4%
  3. I’m considering

14.2%
  4. No sorry, nothing for me

35.1%
  5. I would if I could

20.3%
  6. Waiting for a preowned one

5.0%
  1. sidewalk

sidewalk Rookie

Oct 6, 2018
    Ontario/New York
    Full Name:
    SM
    Once he insulted me.

2. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Did you even read my post before appointing yourself forum policeman? I said nothing about the car. Only point I made is that just because someone doesn't have a positive view of the car doesn't mean they should be labelled a "hater" and have their opinion denigrated.

Shadowfax and sidewalk like this.
  3. sidewalk

sidewalk Rookie

Oct 6, 2018
    Ontario/New York
    Full Name:
    SM
    You state no one has a problem with fellow members voicing their opinions....
    I’m pretty sure us that don’t like this model are called haters and we are not polite among other things.

After I was called out with a comment by

REALZEUS
    “You don't like it, we get it. Now get over your self-importance pls.”

Look I can put on my big boy pants and take it but some need to pull down their skirt.

I also asked you a question earlier. Please don’t have selective reading.

Ciao!

DGPF likes this.
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  5. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A lot of mixed emotions here . My take , FERRARI got greedy and started to think it is immune to the real world . Too many cars , too expensive and not perfect reliability will bite badly. Engineering amazing , but don’t forget your customers , they not all limitless funding even if they can afford it. They need to slow down and not lose their brand equity . Maybe a time for reflection

DGPF, italiafan, LARRYH and 5 others like this.
  6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    well said

Albert-LP and crinoid like this.
  7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Maybe.

Maybe not.

Mc Laren builds 4000+ car per year (all mid engine two seaters !!!!!), and it came basically from nothing some years ago.

Lamborghini this month sold more cars (I think 75% Urus…) than Ferrari on the Italy market, and this for the first time ever.

Ferrari produced 493 cars in 1962, when I was born. Raised at 1844 units (almost four times) in 1972. Then 2512 units in 1980. Yes, Ferrari cannot hope to sell 5000 SF90 Stradale per year nor 10000 Pista per year, but can sell 10 k units of a good mixing with many different products like it has in its production range. When there will be the Purosangue, add no less than 2-3 K units per year.

If Mc Laren plans to sell 5 k units per year, I don't see why Ferrari can't sell 15 k units per year

ciao

8. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I think they need to call Luca and pull him out of retirement.

DGPF, Ferro458, tekaefixe and 8 others like this.
  9. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Gotta be brave to buy these cars. It’s like buying flat screen TVs. Whereas ICE technology is mature there is only one way this is going : much cheaper, lighter batteries, longer range, more power and changes will be exponential.

Redundancy risk is so high compared to (historically) buying ICE powered cars.

Ferrari know this, model cycles on the transition to electric will be super short.

10. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    They actually look quite different to my eyes. The Stradale is far more related to LaFerrari than Pista/F8. The angle of the line that finishes the cabin in profile is directly related to LaFerrari.

Profiles in silhouette are indeed quite similar however.

I imagine the very prominent placement of the side intake (on both models) is what is making people draw the conclusion. The details of the front and rear ends are very different to me.

It would seem the demands of the turbo powered V8 is forcing this design choice. It would have been nice if the designers could have more visually differentiated the intakes of 488/Pista/F8 and SF90.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Well said. Early adopters always subsidise the patient buyers with this kind of stuff.

DGPF and PA Wolfpacker like this.
  12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I agree Alberto by the way I was born in 1962 as well :)

of2worlds and Albert-LP like this.
  13. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    It was obviously a great vintage that year !
    Lots of us plus the original GTO.

F2003-GA and Albert-LP like this.
  14. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    +1
    Lamborghini and mclaren are growing fast. Porsche with the SUV range is on a complete different level (200k units/year )
    when the Fuv will be there ( 2022?) I don't see why Ferrari can't sell 15k units/year.
    No question about that.

F2003-GA likes this.
  16. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I read your post, perhaps I misunderstood it as I agree with what you say. If that is the case i apologize. I didn’t appoint myself anything, I merely said that the fact that a well known F-Chat member doesn’t like the car, doesn’t make it bad. I believe you re saying the same thing and of as you can see I have not passed judgement on anyone’s opinion. All opinions are valid

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The reference to pants and skirts is sexist and totally inappropriate.

On the matter of the question you reminded me of: I assume you are referring to the question whether the 846 posts (now well over 1000) as all positive. The answer is No they are not ALL positive but most of them are. However even that is meaningless. Some people will like the car and some won’t. Not everyone liked the TDF when it was launched. Or the Lusso...Remember the negative comments when the Porsche 996 came out and Porsche abandoned air cooled engines? At the end of the day what matters is whether people will buy it. We just have to wait and see.
    And of course I respect everyone‘s opinion here

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    No harm done, and my apologies to you for suggesting you were overruling/policing someone's opinion, which was obviously not the case.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Little items that I see are the openings at the side of the front bumper.

See to me that curved bumper piece on the PISTA just doesn't look good. They just replicated the racing cars.
    The F8 was a better design and still incorporating the openings but on the painted part of the bumper.
    Now with the SF90 it looks perfect as its in the lower black part of the spoiler.

Next notice how the lower spoiler resembles the 488 . abd the opening also. But has the point of the F8 and PISTA. , Much better.

Side air intakes heaps better design and with the door handle.

Just wish this was the F8 without electrics.

Lastly with all these cars coming out one really has to take into consideration a hell of a lot of depreciation now. Not like it used to be . Those days are gone.

Also it is inevitable there is an economic crash coming , not what if but when. Being a non limited car there will a lot of cars available.

I wasn't actively looking when the GFC happened but I bet Ferrari sales and the second hand market crashed also

Its electric the SF90 , don't like that so my Ferrari will always be an ICE Full stop.

DGPF and Shadowfax like this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    If you accept the Stradale for the purpose that Ferrari created it there is a lot to like about this new model. However if you try to apply characteristics to the car from some preconceived notion of what you think it should be then the disappointment of some people is inevitable.

21. I really like the car.

Just wish it was RWD and not AWD.

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    This is quite true. The SF90 will be an incredibly fast autobahn sled and, serve well as a boulevard cruiser to turn heads. However, it won't fit the bill as a track car or to dice up a tight mountain pass due to the weight factor simply because the tires will become chewing gum after one or two of laps. Horses for courses!

23. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    This is very true, and in many ways takes me back to 1988 when I took delivery of my first new Ferrari , the Testarossa. The power meant it would blow away everything except the Countach. The autobahn it ate the miles with no effort, and in comfort. and made my injected 308 feel like a toy. But on the curves, lesser cars would leave it for dust as you couldn't use all the power and the weight was a serious hindrance.

The SF90 feels just like a modern Testarossa. It will sell plenty of bedroom posters for sure even if it isn't the ultimate driver's car.

of2worlds, Thecadster and Shadowfax like this.
  24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    It’s the 918 criticism all over again. Until this too will probably beat anything else out there... 4WD and torque vectoring, hello?