Nouvalari Exhaust | FerrariChat

Nouvalari Exhaust

Discussion in '308/328' started by DanishCarnut, May 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanishCarnut

DanishCarnut Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Heine Hansen
    I have been offered a Nouvalari muffler from a 308GT4. But.... I have a 1978 Euro 308 GTB. Same engine, ofcause, so I asume that the manifolds are the same. But will it fit my brackets etc, or will the muffler have to be modified to fit a GTB ?

Thanks in advance
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    In the absence of any replies, I would suggest contacting Nouvalari.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

DanishCarnut likes this.
  3. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Are you familiar with the system and comfortable with the increased noise level? Be sure of that before you spend the money. OTOH, if you install it and decide it's too loud, you could probably re-sell it and make most of what you spent - or even more if the "offer" is a really good deal! :)

DanishCarnut likes this.
  4. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My 1977 GT4 came to me with an Ansa muffler for a GTB (don't remember if it was for US or Euro). The hanger positions had been modified to fit GT4 spacing but other than that there were no modifications necessary.

DanishCarnut likes this.
  5. DanishCarnut

DanishCarnut Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Heine Hansen
    I'm not familiar with the system, other that it should sound good. The muffler that's on the car now makes it sound like a VW Beetle in idle. So something have to change…..
    I can buy it for 500 dollars, so that's a sweet deal.
    I tried to remove the muffler on the car today. Didn't succeed. What a pain in the butt to remove. It hits every single body- and suspensionpart. So I bolted the old one back on for now. Have to give it another try at some point. May have to take the car on a lift instead of on the garage floor.

6. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R

I also have a 308, I think GTB, on my 208GT4 -75. Hangers change, needs attention. I removed the rusty original muffler and still remember how incredebly heavy it was compared to the used stainless steel I mounted instead.
    /Peter

7. DanishCarnut

DanishCarnut Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Heine Hansen
    Update... A muffler from a GT4 does not fit a GTB. I really tried, but it can't be done. The exhausttips hits the rear valance before the exhaustpipes meets the headers/manifolds. The other way around from a GTB to a GT4 can be done, but the exhausttips will then hang a little lower under the rear valance.

Pero likes this.
  8. DanishCarnut

DanishCarnut Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Heine Hansen
    GT4 muffler to the left - GTB to the right. Look at the difference in height from the exhaust pipe to the exhaust tips. There's around 1½" difference
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Pero likes this.
  9. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Sorry it didn't fit...where is the GT4 part located? Or did you already buy it outright?

10. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    It may just be that the screen in the exhaust tips has delaminated. It is a fairly common problem with a simple solution. You probably don't need a new muffler to eliminate the whistle.

Here is a link to a thread which discusses the various sources of whistle and offers solutions: The Dreaded 308 Exhaust Whistle

DanishCarnut likes this.
  11. DanishCarnut

DanishCarnut Rookie

Dec 11, 2018
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Heine Hansen
    I am from Denmark. So it's far away from the US unfortunally.

Sent from my SM-G920F using FerrariChat.com mobile app