F8 - F8 Tributo Allocation | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 F8 Tributo Allocation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Natkingcolebasket69, May 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m gonna swing by my local dealer in Scottsdale and see what they say, I’d be a first time buyer if I can get an allocation. Let ya know what they say.....

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Should be like me! A big yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ask for Tim. Good guy there and straight shooter. Let me know if you need an introduction.

daytona355 and Dicecal like this.
  4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    It will be interesting if they can maintain this policy with the increase in volume.

Anthony Capone likes this.
  5. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    A friend of mine ordered a new F8 a few weeks ago. Put his deposit down with the dealer, spec'd the car, they told him he was good to go. "You'll get one of the first batch." He's had a handful of Ferraris, most he bought new, but he's never done business with this dealership. He was pretty happy he'd get one of the first cars.

His sales guy texted him about a week after he put the deposit down. They had a customer back out of a '19 488 Spider, and told him if he bought this '19 488 Spider, it would "greatly increase" his chances of getting his F8 earlier than later. If he doesn't buy it, they can't promise when he'll get the F8... :rolleyes:

He's already owned a 488 Spider and has no desire to go back, so now he's just left waiting to see which batch of F8 deliveries his car will be in.

6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Sounds like a scumbag dealer. I'd tell them go f themselves and keep that F8...just walk in another dealer and buy one.

7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    OK, thanks will do!

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This. Don’t play those games. F8 will not be a difficult car to get.

LARRYH, RWP137 and Motorwerks like this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Pm me if you need a personal intro. Not that it means anything but someway coming referred by an existing customer helps; even if just a little.

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Buying a second 488 to get a F8, that's hilarious.

Hopefully he has a second local Ferrari dealership. Not all of us are so fortunate.

11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    F8 will next be a rare car. Lots available. If no f8- get a. Performante, or a 720, or a 2rs, or one of a. Half dozen super cars in the 300k range.

Tons of choices.

of2worlds and Motorwerks like this.
  12. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Somethings never change

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Tell your friend to drop a bag of crap at the dealership. No reason to play these games. Just sit tight and if no F8- move on.

That dealer is full of crap.

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Think you meant "not";)

Huracan Evo, 600 LT Spider, AMG GTR Pro...lots of options which is great for us who like to sample different brands.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes. Sorry- damn iPhone. Not. Not next.

Agree with you. I love Ferrari but not brand loyal as there are just lots of fun great cars.

16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    There is something special about the sound. My TR sounded like an old F1 car, and it was a big part of the experience. You haven't heard my Stradale yet, but at 8500rpm, it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

I wish the Mac sounded better, but the performance is so good, I can live with it! :)

Back in the day these Ferrari stores were such incredible weasels. In order to get on the 'list', they would push some POS on you (think Maserati 3200, FF....or anything else they couldn't sell). The 'list' was pretty much written in pencil. In other words, if an envelope full of cash, or a high dollar watch or whatever crossed the sales manager's desk........ all of a sudden you are picking colors and options. I refused to play that game.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree- for me sound is a melody part of the experience. I fully agree that the f8 isn’t even comparable

LARRYH likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

I understand, I’m not comparing them
    Though:different cars and era!;)

19. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The 350, 430, 458, 488, and now F8 are historically hot sellers. And each replacement model has suffered its own share of internet criticism too.

20. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    no it will not .. a turbo car will never sound like an NA car nothing can be done to change that .. now will sound acceptable well that is up to you .. I love the high winding sound of an NA Ferrari ... this will not have that but I also like the sounds of many off my other cars that are turbo charged .. so thats the truth .. but maybe its ok...

21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    For me, sound is one of the most important criterion when I buy a sports car. NA V10 at 7K rpm makes my spine tingle every time every day. Different strokes for different folks.

22. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    Now for the really important question, when will we see the F8 Spider?

23. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    perhaps Ferrari has lost some of that exclusivity of ownership and the "make the hair on your neck stand up" sound of the previous NA cars---ok I get it but considering the style, looks,engineering and quality ,who here wouldn't grab the 488 keys for the weekend over any Lambo,Audi,Mac or MB.--just wondering.

TR007, Dicecal, sampelligrino and 2 others like this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The 488 is a great car and I just mine to my dealer after 2.5 years of ownership but since I got my 720 last fall- I drove it much more than the 488. My Pista I’m assuming will be a different story.

Don’t drink the kool aid. The 2rs, the performante, the 720, 600 LT, 3 rs- all great cars along with the 488.

Motorwerks likes this.
  25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Mehhhhh, we are Ferrari customers, well just buy a house near there! Hahahahaha.... joking guys, don’t shoot me!

Anthony Capone likes this.