250 Monza | Page 3 | FerrariChat

250 Monza

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 246tasman, Jan 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Jack Croul purchased 0432 M at 1999 RM Monterey.

Prior to that, it went from Sachs to Antoine Midy in the early-1990s. I was actually right behind it on the drive from Rome to Maranello during the 1997 50 Anni factory celebration when it suffered a minor carburetor fire while being piloted by Midy's friend, Maurice Sauzay.

Symbolic Motor Car Company acquired it during the late-1990s, who shortly thereafter sold it to Talacrest. Talacrest then resold it to Peter Agg. The car was then reacquired by Symbolic less then one year later, whereupon it returned back to the USA, at which point it was consigned to RM Monterey later that same year.

2. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    As you know, Franco, I have had a number of 4 cyl Ferraris, mostly derelicts. How many years have I been waiting for the book, I wonder. Now that I am near the end of my shelf life, I've been trying not to buy any more. But let me know when it's available. It seems as if it will be one of the most thoroughly researched. I send my respect and best wishes to you and Antoine. Ed

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Ed, I heard that Franco and Antoine parted in this project!

4. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    In a magazine interview somewhere last year I read Palawan are going to publish the 4 cylinder book written by Franco Lombardi. But when … ??

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  5. Tom Roland

Tom Roland Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2006
    That used to be right but it is not anymore. And - contrariliy to what writes the "Teuton Flingueur", wbaeumer - it is not Franco and Antoine who parted on that and it was much more than a project...
    I am really sorry for that, and explain my sincere regrets to so many who helped. To begin with the youngest, Ed.
    Ciao

6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Antoine,
    as a response to your insulting post here I sent you a PM. You should improve your manners...

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Cannot see the 250 Monza, where is it?

Marcel Massini

8. JNiza

JNiza Rookie

Sep 29, 2023
    Full Name:
    João Niza